Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone Signs *Official*

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Great news. Wouldnt be to disapointed with another back up winger as well. We lack cover. Not so important but I lose a winger and another winless run could ruin it for us. Food for thought for Gus I'm sure

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Good news, just need a decent striker aswell and weve got a really good chance of playing our first game at amex in the championship.

Exeter1

Dec 31, 2010
Guys
Exeter fan here
We had Noone on loan last year and he is the bees! I don't know why we havent signed him because you have got him at a great price!

If you dont know much about him then id sum him up as just awesome! He can run past anyone, loves to dart down the wings, he has a wicked cross on him and really understands the game. He was captain for *them* against us a couple weeks back and he took us apart!

Great signing, shame hes making his début against us though! Grr

Rob

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Thanks for the info Rob, is he a head down get to the by-line type midfielder, or does he like to cut inside or mix it up a bit?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Guys
Exeter fan here
We had Noone on loan last year and he is the bees! I don't know why we havent signed him because you have got him at a great price!

If you dont know much about him then id sum him up as just awesome! He can run past anyone, loves to dart down the wings, he has a wicked cross on him and really understands the game. He was captain for *them* against us a couple weeks back and he took us apart!

Great signing, shame hes making his début against us though! Grr

Rob

Cheers for that! I'm just a little excited about him now. Shame he isn't available for us tomorrow!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
shame we didn't follow the lead of other clubs and sign him on loan for 24 hours so he could play tomorrow - really cannot believe we missed that trick!

Exeter1

Dec 31, 2010
He scores a lot of goals!
Craig Noone scores a blinder for City. video by ecfc1960 - Photobucket

When i first watched him i just liked him because he is aggressive, he runs forward and he likes a pop! He has plenty of skill and well... the lot! Hes very young!

Only prob you might have is understanding him! Very intelligent player but wait til you see an interview with him hahaha! :p

He will cross it, score goals, run with the ball, shout a lot, tackle, show commitment.... i am pretty gutted we couldnt have seen where we stand with finances if Harley goes but it is a good move for him and you. Just know he will score against us now

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
think i may be 1 of a few people in plymouth glad to hear this.....as it says on the argyle website nooney's a seagull lol

exeter rob do you really think you could have afforded the 300k being reported down here which we have apparently paid up front? i was speaking to a good friend of mine who is a fellow exeter fan and he told me exactly the same as you.i have seen noone numerous times for argyle but after watching him reguarly for a month in this league he was raving about him........and i think argyle have got a good price

Exeter1

Dec 31, 2010
I would hope we would get 400+ for Harley and rumours of Sercombe going to Fulham for 250+ so maybe we could have looked at him then. I think it is a good price, he will sit in a Championship first team I am sure, especially looking at how many years he has in him! We let our young players go for 400-500 normally so I think 300 is a pinch! Wont be enough to save Plymouth, sure you wouldnt have got that price if they were financially stable.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
0,,10433~9296404,00.jpg

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
My Exeter supporting mates reply to me telling him Noone will make his debut against their lot on Monday:

"B*llocks, he's class as well"

:lol:

SE4 GULL

Oct 8, 2010
Brockley LONDON SE4
Never trust anything posted on NSC with the word FACT in.

So that would be Jay "just signed for 1.2m and an ever-present in the side" Simpson would it?
Well I'll believe it when it happens. :) :)

:jester: They have also just signed McClean and Fryatt so you'd expect them to be offloading a striker in the window.... But from what Hull City fans think it will be Caleb Folan who'll be leaving... Jay Simpson would be fab though!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
FINANCIALLY-stricken Plymouth Argyle have wasted no time in cashing in on Craig Noone.

The January transfer window does not officially open until midnight, but the Pilgrims have already accepted an offer for their star winger from Brighton and Hove Albion.

Noone was last night discussing personal terms with the League One leaders.

The Herald understands Brighton will pay £300,000 for the 23-year-old, having had an offer of £250,000 rejected earlier this month.
Stay one step ahead of the winter weather

The money will also be paid up front, rather than in instalments, as is often the case in transfers.

Noone has been Argyle's best player this season, producing a series of dazzling displays.

Pilgrims' boss Peter Reid admitted Noone would be 'sadly missed' but accepted that with the club in a desperate financial state, he had to be sold.

Noone was told Brighton's second bid for him had been accepted after training with Argyle yesterday morning.

His impending move to the Sussex side was announced by Peter Ridsdale during a press conference at Home Park where he was confirmed as the Pilgrims' football consultant.

Ridsdale said: "In the ideal world you sell players in the order you would like to lose them.

"But the fact of the matter is that you end up selling the players who have got the most value.

"We have had an offer from Brighton and Hove Albion this morning (Thursday).

"That's not the first time they have been into this football club for Craig Noone.

"They have eventually reached a price that the manager and the directors feel, in the current financial climate, they have no option but to accept.

"Craig has been given the opportunity to talk to Brighton."

Reid added: "From my point of view, it's obvious I didn't want to lose Craig Noone. He's one of our better players and is someone who can open up defences.

"But (Manchester United manager) Sir Alex Ferguson didn't want to lose Cristiano Ronaldo, and, a few years ago, Everton didn't want to lose Wayne Rooney. These things happen in football.

"It's up to my staff and, most importantly, the players to get it right on matchdays.

"That's what I will be focusing on. I can't affect anything else.

"The most important thing is this football club carrying on, and we will try to get as many points as we can."

Noone was working nicking lead off roofs on Merseyside when Argyle signed him from Southport in August 2008.

The winger made only six Championship starts in his first two seasons with the Pilgrims.

But, following their relegation to League One at the end of last term, Noone has excelled under the management of Reid during the current campaign.

Noone has made 20 starts and one substitute appearance in all competitions this season.

He has netted four goals, and created many others, especially for top scorer Bradley Wright-Phillips. His departure – although expected, given Argyle's cash crisis – is still a massive setback.

Yannick Bolasie is set to take over from Noone when the Pilgrims play Yeovil Town at Home Park tomorrow (3pm).

Despite Noone's fine form this season, Reid admitted he and the winger had not always seen eye to eye.

"He's a fellow Scouser and a bubbly boy," said Reid. "He has done brilliant for us. I had a couple of rucks with him on the training pitch early on, when I came in as the manager, but he's such a character.

"I have had great banter with him, and if he agrees personal terms he will be sadly missed.

"He makes things happen for you as a player."

Noone's 62nd and almost certainly last appearance for Argyle came in the 1-1 draw against Notts County at Home Park on Tuesday.

Reid said: "I don't think he was great in that game, but he put in the free-kick from which (Stephane) Zubar scored his goal. He also put in a lovely little ball later in the first half where he picked out Joe Mason, who hit the post.

"And if you look at his assists for the goals Bradley Wright-Phillips has scored, the lad has done really well.

"He wasn't involved that much before this season, but he fought his way in, so we are hoping someone else comes to the party if Craig goes."

Argyle will be away to Brighton in a Sky-televised League One game at the Withdean Stadium on Monday, February 21.

This from Plymouth

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Quality signing, very pleased with this.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Seems he knows a bit about us

New boy Craig Noone wants to help ensure Albion kick off the new era at the Amex next August as a Championship club, after agreeing a three-and-a-half year deal late last night.

The 23-year-old Liverpudlian, who joins from Plymouth Argyle, told seagulls.co.uk, "Automatic promotion has to be the aim, given the position Brighton are in now, and have been for most of the season - anything less would be a bit gutting.

"Hopefully I will play games and fit right into the team. I am looking forward to playing as many games as I can, that's what you want to do as a footballer.

"I like to dribble, run at players and cross the ball. The manager obviously likes me, which is why he has signed me, now I just want to do well for the team.

"I don't know too much about Brighton as a place, but I know about the style of football they play and the quality of the players here.

"That was a big factor in me signing for the club. You also have to look at the manager as well as the players, and the league position also comes into play."

Noone will have to wait until Monday's game at former club Exeter for his Seagulls debut, but joins Albion for training this morning, linking up with his former Argyle teammate Ashley Barnes.

"I am delighted the move has finally gone through, after all the speculation. I have been chatting with Ash and some of the other lads and I have just been waiting for it to go through.

"I have kept in touch with Ashley ever since he came here, and he has had nothing but good words to say about the club. That was another big factor.

"When the rumour first came about, I looked at the fixtures to find out who my first game might be against. It's against our six fingered friends from Exeter, so it's a good one."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here