Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nonce found disembowelled at Durham Prison

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Tyrone Biggums has not condoned the paedophiles at all. He has offered some serious debate, sadly lacking from the " hang them high crowd".
Wise words.

Exactly, but what you gonna do. The word paedophile elicits a pavlovian response from a lot of people. It stops them from having to think about the problem and gives them a nice warm self righteous glow.
This.

One for the "hang 'em high" crowd - if you can prove to me that threatening these people with some of these medieval punishments you suggest, then I'm prepared to listen. My suspicion is that it will do nothing of the sort, and simply drive it all underground, much as was the case before the 60s or 70s. The fact is that, statistically, children have never been as safe as they are now.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
keaton - apparently i have badly mugged myself off... oh well :(

your rather gnomic response suggested you were siding with the one line easy solution types. my apologies if so. still, at least i find myself funny.

Last edited:

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Wise words.

This.

One for the "hang 'em high" crowd - if you can prove to me that threatening these people with some of these medieval punishments you suggest, then I'm prepared to listen. My suspicion is that it will do nothing of the sort, and simply drive it all underground, much as was the case before the 60s or 70s. The fact is that, statistically, children have never been as safe as they are now.

Yeah, cos their parents won't let them out! When I was a kid, I was out all the time with my mates without a care in the world. As we all know, things are different these days.........

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yeah, cos their parents won't let them out! When I was a kid, I was out all the time with my mates without a care in the world. As we all know, things are different these days.........
I agree with that, but equally, there are FAR more organised out of school activities available to kids these days. Far, far more.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Wise words.

This.

That's not true, children are much more at risk now. The 60's 70's were lacking the main ingredient. The internet. It is much easier to gain access to children through the internet now than it was peeking behind a tree in a playground in the 60's.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That's not true, children are much more at risk now. The 60's 70's were lacking the main ingredient. The internet. It is much easier to gain access to children through the internet now than it was peeking behind a tree in a playground in the 60's.
I'm not arguing with that (for now), I am saying that statistically kids are far safer these days, and that is a fact. Let me give you two examples, from experience of my dad and step dad:

My dad went to school in East London. When he was 12, a boy from his class went missing. He was one of dad's mates at the time. What happened was that a gang of three paedos kidnapped him, abused him and then let him go. The ordeal lasted three days. The police think they knew when and how it happened and everyone at school was told that the boy in question was "ill" to protect him from "shame". The taboo nature of the crime in 50s Britain made it very difficult to get at the truth, understand how he was kidnapped, whether his kidnappers were tipped off by someone on the inside of school or the club he had been kidnapped from, that sort of thing.

My step dad went to boarding school in N Wales. There were at least two kiddy fiddlers on the staff, maybe more.

The difference nowadays is that getting into positions of responsibility over kids is far more difficult than ever, for a variety of reasons. So whilst I'm not arguing with you over the threat of the internet, our society has done well to massively diminish paedophilia even over 40 or 50 years.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

I honestly don't know where to start with your posts, but this was an easy one - A quick look at the news from the last 7 days and....

Press Association

Gerry Adams's brother to be extradited to Northern Ireland for sex abuse trial | World news | guardian.co.uk

Heard about Brian Moore? Haut de la Garenne?

In response to your other posts, do you actually want to prevent paedophiles damaging children or just show people how self righeous you are? There are alot of people out there working very hard to understand how to treat paedophiles and that's why this generation is the safest ever. You should support them, not damn them.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'm not arguing with that (for now), I am saying that statistically kids are far safer these days, and that is a fact. Let me give you two examples, from experience of my dad and step dad:

My dad went to school in East London. When he was 12, a boy from his class went missing. He was one of dad's mates at the time. What happened was that a gang of three paedos kidnapped him, abused him and then let him go. The ordeal lasted three days. The police think they knew when and how it happened and everyone at school was told that the boy in question was "ill" to protect him from "shame". The taboo nature of the crime in 50s Britain made it very difficult to get at the truth, understand how he was kidnapped, whether his kidnappers were tipped off by someone on the inside of school or the club he had been kidnapped from, that sort of thing.

My step dad went to boarding school in N Wales. There were at least two kiddy fiddlers on the staff, maybe more.

The difference nowadays is that getting into positions of responsibility over kids is far more difficult than ever, for a variety of reasons. So whilst I'm not arguing with you over the threat of the internet, our society has done well to massively diminish paedophilia even over 40 or 50 years.

I suppose the threat from the internet has been balanced out by all the checks you have to go through to work with children, and the heightened awareness of it all.

If you were a nonce type in the 70s you just became a scout leader, youth club worker or catholic priest. Now you have to be pretty devious to actually get away with it, or stick to the internet where you can be tracked an caught

Lush

Mods' Pet
If you classify paedophilia as a crime, then you have to wait for the paedophile to commit the crime, get caught, get a sentence (usually too lenient), after which they come out and do it again. Prison merely appeases the howling mob and takes them off the streets for a bit.

If you classify paedophilia as a mental illness that makes them a risk to society (and its most vulnerable members) then presumably you can commit them to a mental institution indefinitely, without needing criminal evidence, just evidence of their mental illness.

Last edited:

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I honestly don't know where to start with your posts, but this was an easy one - A quick look at the news from the last 7 days and....

Press Association

Gerry Adams's brother to be extradited to Northern Ireland for sex abuse trial | World news | guardian.co.uk

Heard about Brian Moore? Haut de la Garenne?

In response to your other posts, do you actually want to prevent paedophiles damaging children or just show people how self righeous you are? There are alot of people out there working very hard to understand how to treat paedophiles and that's why this generation is the safest ever. You should support them, not damn them.

I'm not damning them, but the simple fact is they have been trying to prevent it for year's. Nothing has changed. Do we go on spending tax payer's money trying to prevent something that will never go away. Research and medicine's will never rid the earth of such evil. Getting rid of the evil is the answer

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If you classify paedophilia as a crime, then you have to wait for the paedophile to commit the crime, get caught, get a sentence (usually too lenient), after which they come out and do it again. Prison merely appeases the howling mob and takes them off the streets for a bit.

If you classify paedophilia as a mental illness that makes them a risk to society (and its most vulnerable members) then presumably you can commit them to a mental institution indefinitely.

Thats too sensible Lush. We want BLOOD !.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

True. I saw a documentary the other day saying that online paedophiles can actually make your keyboard release toxic vapours that actually make your kids more suggestible

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011

If you classify paedophilia as a mental illness that makes them a risk to society (and its most vulnerable members) then presumably you can commit them to a mental institution indefinitely.

You can get a IPP sentence, which means you have to prove you have been 'reformed' before your released. So basically your lifed off in a proper jail.

You can also try and get away from a guilty verdict, by having a mental illness. Alot of people try that route for an easy life.

Any convicted nonce deserves the worse conditions.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Blimey this is all getting a bit heated. Anyone got any good paedo jokes to lighten the mood....

what....

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Absolutely this. Shocking how a reasoned debate can't be had without the lynch mob jumping in on it. No one on here has condoned paedos.
Agreed.Some of the views expressed by some people on here are quite extraordinary..........hysterical even.The 'hang'em high' brigade really have no constructive arguments at all and seem to ignore the fact that NO-ONE HAS CONDONED PAEDOPHILIA!!!!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here