Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nonce found disembowelled at Durham Prison

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
The difference for me is the calculating manipulation most use on website etc etc to groom there victims.

People mention guilt, they probably have had months to feel that while grooming the child.

You ask you want to know what motivates a nonce, its pretty clear they get off on the power and are sexually attracted to kids. Vile.

Bit different to getting in your motor pissed up, or throwing a punch at the football.

Your blokey "Everyman" persona really grates. Bit of a tip for you - if you big yourself up as the voice of reason then you need to back it up with some rational debate. I don't see much at present.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Terry.

Why is it so hard for you to grasp that the people on here suggesting it would be useful to see what could be done to PREVENT sex offenders committing their crimes might have a point? Nobody has, at ANY stage in this debate, suggested that if they do commit such crimes they shouldn't be punished, merely that it would be better in the long run (alongside the justice system) to try and find some way of stopping them harming people in the first place. Surely you'd rather nobody was harmed, than have to say "well, he's been found guilty of rape, but hey, at least he's in prison now, so chin up!". It's not a "soft" solution, it's actually a preventative measure, which might just mean a few less people with their lives destroyed. I cannot see why you find that idea so offensive. We don't know if it's possible. But I'd bloody well rather someone tried, and maybe just come up with some answers, than sat there self righteously claiming that nothing can ever be done, therefore it's not even worth bothering.

Secondly, while I've no doubt the deceased in this case probably knew he'd have to watch his back forever as a result of his crimes, the day it becomes acceptable in this country for bottom-feeding low lives like Nathan Mann (the double old-lady murderer, burglar, and in all probability sex offender himself) to decide how and what justice is, well that would be a very sad day indeed.

I love you, Edna x

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Your blokey "Everyman" persona really grates. Bit of a tip for you - if you big yourself up as the voice of reason then you need to back it up with some rational debate. I don't see much at present.

I am not very good at articulating what I am trying to say.

But that does not stop me having an opinion on matters, and trying to get my point across.

If it grates, then block me. No drama.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham

I think he is spot on. You don't have to agree with him. That's what debate is all about

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Terry.

Why is it so hard for you to grasp that the people on here suggesting it would be useful to see what could be done to PREVENT sex offenders committing their crimes might have a point? Nobody has, at ANY stage in this debate, suggested that if they do commit such crimes they shouldn't be punished, merely that it would be better in the long run (alongside the justice system) to try and find some way of stopping them harming people in the first place. Surely you'd rather nobody was harmed, than have to say "well, he's been found guilty of rape, but hey, at least he's in prison now, so chin up!". It's not a "soft" solution, it's actually a preventative measure, which might just mean a few less people with their lives destroyed. I cannot see why you find that idea so offensive. We don't know if it's possible. But I'd bloody well rather someone tried, and maybe just come up with some answers, than sat there self righteously claiming that nothing can ever be done, therefore it's not even worth bothering.

Secondly, while I've no doubt the deceased in this case probably knew he'd have to watch his back forever as a result of his crimes, the day it becomes acceptable in this country for bottom-feeding low lives like Nathan Mann (the double old-lady murderer, burglar, and in all probability sex offender himself) to decide how and what justice is, well that would be a very sad day indeed.

Quite. Imagine that. A sadistic killer of two bed-ridden old ladies claiming the moral high ground. A self righteous serial killer.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Ok so when you saw the heinous acts these vile people perpetrated on young children, how long do you think they were jailed for and helped by the do gooder brigade on here ?

They had been active since puberty and likely repeat offenders, so leaving it to the law didnt help those poor children that were being brutalised were they ?

They were horrible acts that i couldn't for any second justify. But nor could i say i sat down and examined the law for 7 years in order to tell the government how to change their ways precisely. Sadly, i have some horrible f***ing images in my head that will sit somewhere in there for life, and i blame my workplace for throwing me into that situation untrained and uncounselled. The people who put what i saw together were monsters, but i am not in a position to rearrange the world to make it right or godly enough to administer executions.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Quite. Imagine that. A sadistic killer of two bed-ridden old ladies claiming the moral high ground. A self righteous serial killer.

Not to mention that we don't even know what the other one was inside for yet...

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Terry.

I understand your point of view but the prevention measure's used are clearly out of date. Unfortunately you do not see "reformed" sex offenders. Of course in an ideal world no one gets harmed but we don't live in an ideal world. I know I sometimes fail to put a highly educated response on here but this thread has really got to me today. I just don't buy into the "illness" side of things. Once a Peodaphile always a Peodaphile.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The issue of sex offenders is a really complicated subject, which deserves more than just a simple "hang em" and be done with it. The impact such crimes have on victims is huge- physically and psychologically. Don't we, as a society, owe it to such victims to try and find out why these things go on, in order to reduce the likelihood of them happening in future?

If research into the subject was able to come up with measures that successfully prevented even one person from being a victim, then it would be worth it. I don't know anything about the mental issues relating to sex offenders, or about chemical imbalances or even just whether it comes down to a pathological propensity to be evil, but like anything, we won't find out unless we look into it.

Not to even try, because the pitchfork-wielding lynch-mob herds of Sun readers have decided there's no point, would be stupid, irresponsible, and most importantly, failing all the past and future victims of such individuals.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I haven't been in this position and I hope to God none of you have either and if that is the case this whole conversation regarding how you'd feel or what you'd like to do to them is hyperthetical
The nonce got what he deserved , my feelings on the matter are not based on a hypothetical viewpoint.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I understand your point of view but the prevention measure's used are clearly out of date.

Yes. Which is why a number of people here are saying let's research the subject. Let's find out if there IS something we can do. Let's try and identify those people who might be in a position to descend into offending, and stop them while we still can.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Yes. Which is why a number of people here are saying let's research the subject. Let's find out if there IS something we can do. Let's try and identify those people who might be in a position to descend into offending, and stop them while we still can.

You should be an MP.............. Seriously. I would vote for you :)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Unfortunately you do not see "reformed" sex offenders.

In the cases of the most serious offenders, no, you're probably right. There are certain individuals out there who it seems will commit offences unless they are locked up 24hours a day. Thankfully, they are relatively few.

The rest? You don't know about them because they're not in the papers, precisely because they HAVEN'T committed any more offences. And because they don't go around boasting about the fact they were convicted of sexual assault five years ago. Believe it or not, there are people out there who get into trouble early in life for things- granted, probably not rape, but offences that are traditionally thought to lead the way to such offences- who are dealt with, monitored, and never offend again. I know this because I see it on their records. They will always be labelled sex offenders, much like an alcoholic is always called an alcoholic even if they haven't had a drink for twenty years. But they're not necessarily committing offences. I don't know why...perhaps they've learnt to control things, or realised the error of their ways, or just know they're being watched constantly, whatever. But don't completely lose hope, or think your family and friends are surrounded by evil predators, waiting to pounce, because statistically it's just not true.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Some of the comments on here today are unbelievable. At time's i wonder if people are fishing or if they really mean what they are saying. You can make me out to be uneducated, Thick a Vigilante, but i'm neither. I do believe there is no place on this earth for people who sexually abuse children. Illness, evil whatever you want to call it, it make's no difference to me as there is no cure. Lethal Injection would be the way forward for me. I know it wouldn't be popular on here but peodophilia is a plague that is only getting worse. If you can't eliminate it, destroy it

Seriously, I would leave this debate if I was you. You're embarrassing.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
If it hasn't been mentioned on here already, the vast majority of child sex abuse takes place in the home approx 30% are relatives i.e. brothers, fathers, mothers, uncles or cousins. A further 60% are friends of the family, babysitters, or neighbours. Strangers (like your stereotype dirty old man who lives alone) make up approximately 10%. The vast majority of child sex abuse goes unrecorded.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
If it hasn't been mentioned on here already, the vast majority of child sex abuse takes place in the home approx 30% are relatives i.e. brothers, fathers, mothers, uncles or cousins. A further 60% are friends of the family, babysitters, or neighbours. Strangers (like your stereotype dirty old man who lives alone) make up approximately 10%. The vast majority of child sex abuse goes unrecorded.

And your point is?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here