Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Wonder we don`t sell many Tickets

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Because it's a damn sight easier turning up to the ground (when you like) with cash that is excepted in every day life all over the country than ringing up the club office (no doubt being on hold or engaged for 45 mins) before 1 (is it?), then spending half an hour queuing at a little booth only to have to queue again to get into the ground.

Also people would know they could leave it until the very last minute to decide whether they want to go or not. How many people watch non league football/play Saturday football? Where do these people go when their games are called off? Not to the Albion that's for sure!

What a HAMMER ON THE HEAD comment from Arthur. No wonder that clubs such as Manchester United and Arsenal have empty stadia every week, as they also refuse cash on the day transactions.

Of course the fact that Brighton Council have BANNED such transactions at Withers are an irrelevance.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
On Saturday, unless I am delivered from my house to my seat by a golden sedan chair which is carried by tanned sweating half-naked busty insatiable maidens from each of the world's continents who stop carrying only to pour vintage champagne into my mouth and fellate me as they do so...

Let us know if they do have such a facility available, would you Harvs? Pretty sure they could rent that out on non-match days just as easily...

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Why don't people just get their life and priorities in order? Save the money and go get a season ticket. If you can't afford it, well you better get a better paid job. If you are working Saturday’s get a different job.

If you can’t cope with the above, don’t moan at me, because I don’t give a sh*t :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Let us know if they do have such a facility available, would you Harvs? Pretty sure they could rent that out on non-match days just as easily...
I'm quite interested too. However, whilst simultaneously pouring the vintage champagne and gobbling you off, who pays for any beverage SPILLAGE?

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
I have some sympathy with the original poster, having waited ten minutes at the kiosk last time because they couldn't find my ticket. (I stood with a chap whose ticket was also lost, and I left him there, still waiting). I have also been left hanging on a phone line for more than half an hour trying to buy a ticket. I know we're a club with limited resources, but I think it would be in the club's interests to investigate, with a view to overhauling, the ticketing system. All these suggestions that have been shot down on here about buying tickets in outlying towns - well has such a thing been considered or costed? Anything which makes it easier to get tickets means more tickets get sold - and that's good for all.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm sorry, but that's strictly not permitted. After you've rung up to purchase tickets, you HAVE to come on here and moan about something, however trivial it might be. Also, under no circumstances are you allowed to praise the ticket office staff or the service they provide.

Check page 49 of the NSC Rulebook if you don't believe me.

Sorry:( I did have to undo the envelope that that tickets arrived in all by myself when I could have been doing something much more useful and I'll have to remember to take the tickets with me on Saturday. What is the club playing at:censored:

Alfie22

Mar 12, 2008
I will be visiting the ticket office this afternoon to make an application for a season ticket.

I will of course report back here immediately if any of the staff refuse to call me "Sir" or fail to provide me with coffee and a belgian bun while I complete the neccessary paperwork.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
'Go to the lengths of the Earth' FFS, all he needs to do is get of his arse and leave the pub 10 minutes earlier to pick up a ticket from the ground!!!!

Perhaps rather than slag off the club just because he doesn't understand or know the system, he could post a thread asking NSC posters for advice but no, doesn't get his way so it is the clubs fault.
Yes it's easy enough, I know that and all of the regulars on here know that. However, what alot of people seem to forget is that there is a world away from NSC and the internet and there are people who are not die hard supporters, and those are the people we need to attract to games in order to expand our fanbase.
Put yourself in the shoes of someone who has never ordered a ticket before and doesn't know what NSC is and isn't computer literate. The ticket office last week had a queue time of 30 minutes which could be perceived by some to be too long to wait on the phone for a ticket. You have no choice but to do it on-line and once you've ordered the drop down box tells you that you must collect the tickets from the box office (which to most people would mean the club shop), even though the game is over a week away, what are you supposed to think?

Personally I don't have a problem because and don't in any way want to be associated with comments from Arthur, which are bordering on ridiculous. I just think that the system could be made much easier with the resources that we have at the moment, and the comments made towards someone who dares to suggest this (admittedly not phrased very well) are pathetic.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
What a HAMMER ON THE HEAD comment from Arthur. No wonder that clubs such as Manchester United and Arsenal have empty stadia every week, as they also refuse cash on the day transactions.

The difference being that Manchester United and Arsenal sell their grounds out every single week and aren't scrabbling about for every single bit of cash they can get their hands on. Brighton don't and they are!

Of course the fact that Brighton Council have BANNED such transactions at Withers are an irrelevance.

:yawn:

Dear god another person who chooses to mis-quote me/not read my posts! I know WHY we don't I just can't understand WHY we haven't tried to have the condition removed? We've renewed the lease enough times!! In fact don't we have to do it for next season?

Cash is taken for programmes, food and junk at the shop why can't it be taken for tickets?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Yes it's easy enough, I know that and all of the regulars on here know that. However, what alot of people seem to forget is that there is a world away from NSC and the internet and there are people who are not die hard supporters, and those are the people we need to attract to games in order to expand our fanbase.
Put yourself in the shoes of someone who has never ordered a ticket before and doesn't know what NSC is and isn't computer literate. The ticket office last week had a queue time of 30 minutes which could be perceived by some to be too long to wait on the phone for a ticket. You have no choice but to do it on-line and once you've ordered the drop down box tells you that you must collect the tickets from the box office (which to most people would mean the club shop), even though the game is over a week away, what are you supposed to think?

Personally I don't have a problem because and don't in any way want to be associated with comments from Arthur, which are bordering on ridiculous. I just think that the system could be made much easier with the resources that we have at the moment, and the comments made towards someone who dares to suggest this (admittedly not phrased very well) are pathetic.

Hang on, you've just repeated EXACTLY what I've been saying yet you don't want to be associated with me? Strange boy!

Anyway you've hit the nail bang on the head there (apart from my comments being ridiculous - which one(s) exactly). I'm sure the hordes of bobble hat wearing superfans who all have season tickets so never have to bother going through this fiasco will soon be jumping down your throat as well.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Originally Posted by El Presidente

Wasnt music banned to start with?

It is unlikly to happen but whats the harm of asking?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Dear god another person who chooses to mis-quote me/not read my posts! I know WHY we don't I just can't understand WHY we haven't tried to have the condition removed? We've renewed the lease enough times!! In fact don't we have to do it for next season?

Ah, to live in such a black and white world.

So here's what happens at the City Council...

BHA: This planning condition about paying on the turnstiles, we want it removed.

BHCC: Um, OK, can you give us in detail, your plans for excess people coming to the ground, without pre-paid tickets, and not being able to get in?

BHA: Um, er. Shrug our shoulders, say sorry, and hope they go away? Or give them a free cup of tea, and hope they go away? Or ask them to do the Womble service, and hope they go away? Or possibly shoot them?

BHCC: Hmm, interesting. Might win us a few more votes in Withdean. But no, don't think so. Bye.

You see, as soon as people find out about this way of getting into the ground, exponentially more will want to get in, and overspill will be more guaranteed. Seeing as it is then the club's repsonsibility to disperse them, that's when trouble starts. And that doesn't take into account any excess away fans.

Put it this way, how would YOU resolve these issues?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I am with the original poster on the fact that it is a pain to leave the pub earlier. Have to have the manadatory 6 pints and 3 Tuaca's pre match, it is the law.

Just being curious, do you have further to walk to the pub than Withdean from where you live?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
On a side note, why was the queue for the ticket office so long at the Gillingham game when the match was re-scheduled from months before?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Just being curious, do you have further to walk to the pub than Withdean from where you live?

This is where it gets silly.

I often get the 27 at about 10am on a match day from outside Withdean to meet a couple of people for brekkie before going to the pub. At that time in the morning and the fact that I am going away from the ground, pre match, they funnily enough will not take the travel voucher. We then normally get a cab to the ground (to get the extra drink in), so the travel voucher does not get used again.

I normally get to use the travel voucher after the game, to go into town to the pub, but then cannot use it to get home as it is too late and I am heading to the ground 6 hours or so after the game.

I really benefit from those travel vouchers.

No it's not and I don't!

Why not have pre-printed tickets of the unsold ones in the ground? The club knows which seats it hasn't sold surely.

It's what they do at numerous other grounds.

Well I was assuming that would be the case in your scenario anyway, not that someone would have to print the tickets, or look up on either on seating plans or online where the empty seats are and write the bloody things out!

Even if you had the pre printed tickets of all the seats that were unsold the line at that turnstile would be much much slower than the combined line at the collection point and other turnstiles for all the reasons I listed above, the payment, the fact that people will want to choose from the array of available seats, that people might want to get more than one seat together, which will mean the turnstile operator having to go through the tickets etc.

A cash turnstile doesn't solve any of the problems you're whinging about.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
This is where it gets silly.

I often get the 27 at about 10am on a match day from outside Withdean to meet a couple of people for brekkie before going to the pub. At that time in the morning and the fact that I am going away from the ground, pre match, they funnily enough will not take the travel voucher. We then normally get a cab to the ground (to get the extra drink in), so the travel voucher does not get used again.

I normally get to use the travel voucher after the game, to go into town to the pub, but then cannot use it to get home as it is too late and I am heading to the ground 6 hours or so after the game.

I really benefit from those travel vouchers.

that is the STUPIDIST thing Ive ever heard and would NEVER do that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here