Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Wonder we don`t sell many Tickets

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Why O Why hasn't the club fought to have a cash turnstile at the ground. Would solve all of these problems.

Why O Why do people still bang on about that. I think you will find (and I'm ready to be shot down in flames here if I'm wrong) it was one of the conditions of moving back to Withdean.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Why O Why do people still bang on about that. I think you will find (and I'm ready to be shot down in flames here if I'm wrong) it was one of the conditions of moving back to Withdean.

No shit sherlock! Why haven't the club done anything about getting the condition removed?

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Why O Why hasn't the club fought to have a cash turnstile at the ground. Would solve all of these problems.

How is getting to the ground 15 minutes early to pay for a ticket on the turnstiles demonstrably different to getting to the ground 15 minutes early to pick up a ticket that has already been paid for?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Seagull9 has a point though, why can't every pub in sussex become a ticketing outlet for the Albion. In addition, to save time before the match, the concessions should set up a van outside each outlet to save precious time (it would in most cases be cheaper than buying the pub grub itself). Why stop at pubs bearing in mind not all supporters are of an age they legally go in a pub. All fast food outlets could also join this enterprise. Lets not stop there, some people have to shop on a Sat morning so Tesco/Asda/Sainsbury could also sell tickets.

In fact, I think it is about time the club undertook a survey of the population of the southeast of England to see exactly where people would prefer to purchase their tickets and allow them to set up the ticketing outlets accordingly ( afterall, it would not make economic sense to set up an outlet in a pub/shop etc if no supporter of the club actually used that location).

Another thought, why not print more programmes and have them available at every outlet as well. You could also pay the landlord a percentage of the cost so he could read the programme to Seagull9 whilst he sips his pint. That would save him having to put his pint down and waste valuable drinking time needlessly turning a page before heading of to the game!

I hope the club listen to Seagull9 and if any of his other 3 suggestions were as good as the first then they are fools to ignore him!!!!!!!!!!!!

How much would the equipment cost? How many computers would be required?
Add that to the outlay of the new ticketing system which is going to be in place in two years time (similar to the Oyster card) and see how much money the club would have to spend.
Then moan because we haven't bought a new midfielder.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
How is getting to the ground 15 minutes early to pay for a ticket on the turnstiles demonstrably different to getting to the ground 15 minutes early to pick up a ticket that has already been paid for?

Because it's a damn sight easier turning up to the ground (when you like) with cash that is excepted in every day life all over the country than ringing up the club office (no doubt being on hold or engaged for 45 mins) before 1 (is it?), then spending half an hour queuing at a little booth only to have to queue again to get into the ground.

Also people would know they could leave it until the very last minute to decide whether they want to go or not. How many people watch non league football/play Saturday football? Where do these people go when their games are called off? Not to the Albion that's for sure!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
FFS, a bloke has a semi legitimate gripe, which is mainly down to inexperience of working the on-line ticket system, and all the childish wankers of NSC can do is post sarcy comments. Not everyone is a superfan that will go to the lengths of the earth to get a ticket, some people just want to watch a game of football with minimal effort. A few of you need to grow up.

utter nonsense, hows it a semi legitimate gripe?

childish wankers of NSC? hmmm

how minimal should the effort be? You buy a ticket, pick it up at the ground, theres never a queue of more than a few minutes then you watch the match, easy. Its half price this week so saying not getting the travel voucher might stop you going!?

Either you want to go or not. You cant buy tickets at the ground end of. Its a piece of piss getting a ticket wherever you are from. Anyone who says otherwise is just a whinger. This chap just needs to leave the pub 5 minutes earlier

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
How much would the equipment cost? How many computers would be required?
Add that to the outlay of the new ticketing system which is going to be in place in two years time (similar to the Oyster card) and see how much money the club would have to spend.
Then moan because we haven't bought a new midfielder.

oh Yorkie

I think if you reread you'll notice he was taking the mick :thumbsup:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Because it's a damn sight easier turning up to the ground (when you like) with cash that is excepted in every day life all over the country than ringing up the club office (no doubt being on hold or engaged for 45 mins) before 1 (is it?), then spending half an hour queuing at a little booth only to have to queue again to get into the ground.

Or going online spending two minutes filling out a form, queuing for five mins max to collect and, er, queuing to get in like everyone else. EFFORT, or what?

We'd ALL like pay on the day. Fans with half a brain cell know why it isn't possible at Withdean (and why it won't be possible as Falmer either).

Caravan Club

Jul 28, 2004
Tunbridge Wellsb

If this is to become common and accepted practise will these people have their travel voucher refunded for their travel to Withdean as clearly they won't have used it?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
You don't pay for the travel voucher, the club does.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
All this because some lazy fucker can't be arsed to skip five minutes of pre-match drinking? WTF?!?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Besides, it was Tuesday night - they should have posted the tickets.

Ticket Ordering: We don't know that they refused to post the tickets - just that he had trouble online.

In a later post he says that he phoned and they are posting the tickets. What is wrong with that?

And the comment about The Dome and other places having collect on the door is exactly right. If the club post the tickets on Wednesday and due to some oh-so-unlikely error at the Post Office the tickets don't arrive - can you imagine the stick this guy would be giving the club!

Order early in the week (using phone or internet) and get them posted, later in the week - up to two hours before the game - you'll have to pick them up to be on the safe side. It's a well proven and good system - not really worth a big fight about.

Replies from the club - However, I do agree about replies from the club. I have written to the Albion on a few occasions (once about someone mis-using the club logo) and have NEVER had a reply. Most businesses can do that now and BHA should be better than the rest given their reliance on repeat purchase.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford

But you'd still have to queue up at the ground if you could pay on the day, thus cutting short drinking time - which seemed to be the main gripe of the original poster about having to pick a ticket up at the ground.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
this board is just like the Jeremy Kyle Show sometimes: whiney, poor me, i-had-to-wipe-my-own-arse victims vs loudmouth, gobshite, holyier-than-thou bully boys.

:thumbsup: love it !

For anyone new to NSC, just so you are able to understand why you're going to get grief NO MATTER WHAT YOU WRITE:

If you grumble you're a whiner
If you're positive you're an ass licker

If you disagree with someone you are a bully boy
If you agree with them your an ass licker

If you defend the club (even in the face of total ignorance) you're an ass licker
If you defend the club and have a season ticket (aka a STH) you an ass licking c&*t

If you are a racist you're not expected to ever make a cogent case or be able to spell
If you're not a racist you're a limp-wristed liberal

God help you if you can't spell or punctuate
If you can spell or punctuate you're an elitist toff

If you use all capitals, it won't work
If you use NO capitals, you probably aren't in work

Gotta love it!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
But you'd still have to queue up at the ground if you could pay on the day, thus cutting short drinking time - which seemed to be the main gripe of the original poster about having to pick a ticket up at the ground.

But you have to queue up to go through the turnstile ticket or no ticket surely?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It's a good point about collecting tickets.

Why not have the ticket collection at a turnstile then as they collect the ticket you let them in? We pick them up from a little window anyway - why not make that at a turnstile to save the additional queue. Quite a reasonable idea I would have thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here