Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Wonder we don`t sell many Tickets

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This is saving the club money though, isn't it? The station won't have any stubs to present to the club, as far as I understand the club pays the train company for each stub!

They stopped collecting the stubs at Preston Park ages ago.

:shrug:

I'm not sure it actually works like that anymore.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
should have added I live about 200 miles from Brighton

still have least have got my collectors item George O'C promo dvd!!!

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
seagull9 you forget that despite paying 100 quid for your afternoons entertainment this saturday you're not allowed to question under any circumstances what so ever the running of the club and you certainly are not allowed to knock certain established members of NSC off their high horse or for that matter disagree with them and their arse licking ways

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Is it possible to buy tickets for the Dome, Brighton Centre or Theatre Royal in pubs in Burgess Hill? Do you have to collect them at the box office?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
This chap seems to be getting a lot of abuse for a fair enough gripe I reckon.

Agreed. Much as it may annoy some fans who would go to the ends of the earth to watch Albion play the bottom club in the third tier of English football, there are a LOT of people who want to roll up at the match without the need to go to any hassle.

And those are exactly the ones Albion need to make Falmer viable, so we'd better get used to it.

Besides, it was Tuesday night - they should have posted the tickets.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Agreed. Much as it may annoy some fans who would go to the ends of the earth to watch Albion play the bottom club in the third tier of English football, there are a LOT of people who want to roll up at the match without the need to go to any hassle.

People are peeved because it's a fan moaning that the Albion setup happens not to suit their personal circumstances. What next, 'I don't like blue and white'?

What's the 'hassle' of picking up tickets from a booth 10m from the gate on the day of the match? I'm doing it myself this week.

Also, it's standard practice for gigs if you buy in the week proceeding an event (read: late). Royal Mail can't be trusted.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
I get mine delivered to me on a SILVER PLATTER with a pint of Harvey's.

Seagull9 has a LONG WAY to go before he is entitled to that kind of service. In the meantime, he can whistle.

You mean they didn't send the 'Barbershop Quartet' singing GOSBTS like they did for me? I also thought the fly-by by the Red Arrows just made it that much more special an occasion. They did do that for you as well didn't they?

challengechappers

Sep 14, 2005
this board is just like the Jeremy Kyle Show sometimes: whiney, poor me, i-had-to-wipe-my-own-arse victims vs loudmouth, gobshite, holyier-than-thou bully boys.

:thumbsup: love it !

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Seagull9 has a point though, why can't every pub in sussex become a ticketing outlet for the Albion. In addition, to save time before the match, the concessions should set up a van outside each outlet to save precious time (it would in most cases be cheaper than buying the pub grub itself). Why stop at pubs bearing in mind not all supporters are of an age they legally go in a pub. All fast food outlets could also join this enterprise. Lets not stop there, some people have to shop on a Sat morning so Tesco/Asda/Sainsbury could also sell tickets.

In fact, I think it is about time the club undertook a survey of the population of the southeast of England to see exactly where people would prefer to purchase their tickets and allow them to set up the ticketing outlets accordingly ( afterall, it would not make economic sense to set up an outlet in a pub/shop etc if no supporter of the club actually used that location).

Another thought, why not print more programmes and have them available at every outlet as well. You could also pay the landlord a percentage of the cost so he could read the programme to Seagull9 whilst he sips his pint. That would save him having to put his pint down and waste valuable drinking time needlessly turning a page before heading of to the game!

I hope the club listen to Seagull9 and if any of his other 3 suggestions were as good as the first then they are fools to ignore him!!!!!!!!!!!!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
FFS, it is pathetic, how easy do you want it?

Buy a ticket. Pick it up at the ground

Pay the quid on the bus from the pub in town

It couldnt be easier

If you're so skint that you can go for pre match beers but not have the bus fare I'll give you a quid

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
FFS, a bloke has a semi legitimate gripe, which is mainly down to inexperience of working the on-line ticket system, and all the childish wankers of NSC can do is post sarcy comments. Not everyone is a superfan that will go to the lengths of the earth to get a ticket, some people just want to watch a game of football with minimal effort. A few of you need to grow up.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
cf Post 16.

Royal Mail First Class
We aim to deliver First Class letters the next working day after collection.

So that would give Royal Mail an extra two days 'buggering it' up time (as they also deliver on Saturday mornings) , and people would still get their tickets.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
some people just want to watch a game of football with minimal effort. A few of you need to grow up.

What, you mean less effort than making a phone call or internet booking and collecting the tickets about 20 yards away from the turnstiles 10 minutes before the game.

Thanks Alex for your help, I will order the tickets and hopefully they will be posted tomorrow.............................

No problem. Should they not turn up the ticket office will print duplicates for you to collect at Withdean on Saturday - not ideal but better than missing the mighty Valiants eh?

Monty

Feb 21, 2008
FFS, a bloke has a semi legitimate gripe, which is mainly down to inexperience of working the on-line ticket system, and all the childish wankers of NSC can do is post sarcy comments. Not everyone is a superfan that will go to the lengths of the earth to get a ticket, some people just want to watch a game of football with minimal effort. A few of you need to grow up.

hahaha , i needed a laugh this morning.

That would be a quality movie..... superfan trying to get his ticket. It would be like lord of the rings, except all the lazy bastard has to do is turn up 15 mins early to the match.

I reckon a cliff hanger ending, does he get the ticket or not!!!

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford

Getting to the ground 15 minutes before kick off to pick up a ticket is not going to the lengths of the earth.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

He doesn't have a 'semi-legitimate gripe'

He phoned for some tickets and the ticket office said that he could collect them from the booth RIGHT NEXT TO THE TURNSTILES before kick-off. That seems to be a perfect example of the club helping someone to 'watch a game with minimal effort'.

He then kicked off because that was a bit inconvenient and meant he would have to cut his pre-match drinking down by around 20 minutes.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
So basically, if the club can't be bothered to courier the tickets to you and you can't be bothered to cut short your drinking by 20 minutes to get to Withdean a bit earlier to collect them, you are going to tell the club to stuff it.

That my friend, is PATHETIC

Well we'll have to beg to differ on that and once again the fact that we're having to give the tickets away at half price to get people through the door would suggest others think it's a hassle as well.

Why O Why hasn't the club fought to have a cash turnstile at the ground. Would solve all of these problems. The free transport argument is bollocks, people were able to get themselves to the Goldstone without free public transport.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here