Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Wonder we don`t sell many Tickets

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
For anyone new to NSC, just so you are able to understand why you're going to get grief NO MATTER WHAT YOU WRITE:

If you grumble you're a whiner
If you're positive you're an ass licker

If you disagree with someone you are a bully boy
If you agree with them your an ass licker

If you defend the club (even in the face of total ignorance) you're an ass licker
If you defend the club and have a season ticket (aka a STH) you an ass licking c&*t

If you are a racist you're not expected to ever make a cogent case or be able to spell
If you're not a racist you're a limp-wristed liberal

God help you if you can't spell or punctuate
If you can spell or punctuate you're an elitist toff

If you use all capitals, it won't work
If you use NO capitals, you probably aren't in work

Gotta love it!

:clap::clap:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It's a good point about collecting tickets.

Why not have the ticket collection at a turnstile then as they collect the ticket you let them in? We pick them up from a little window anyway - why not make that at a turnstile to save the additional queue. Quite a reasonable idea I would have thought.

Could work possibly, but not forgetting you would have to have one of those turnstiles at each of the entrances to the ground; North, South and Family whereas the ticket booth is just one covering all parts of the ground.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
But you have to queue up to go through the turnstile ticket or no ticket surely?

Yes, but obviously if you don't have a ticket and are buying one it is going to take longer than just having the stub ripped off a ticket you've already bought.

But you have to queue up to go through the turnstile ticket or no ticket surely?

Yes, but the queue at a cash turnstile would be much slower as we have an all seater stadium. Therefore you have to be allocated a seat and have to be given a ticket so you know where your seat is. This is before the cash transaction happens, and waiting for change etc. This is also before people start arguing about where they want to sit etc. Because these tickets will be for the home stands, where people do have season tickets, it's not like away games where people can disregard the seat numbers they've got and sit where they like.

As opposed to picking a ticket up outside and sailing straight through the turnstile as the transaction and issuing a ticket has already been done.

There is always some amount of queuing at football grounds, no matter where you go. Your argument is flawed and you know it.

Caravan Club

Jul 28, 2004
Tunbridge Wellsb
You don't pay for the travel voucher, the club does.

If that is the case then why when the excuses are made about the high price of our tickets do we always get the phrase "Well it does include a travel voucher" thrown around???

As I have stated previously none of this affects me but I can see why we are getting such low crowds when we are putting so many obstacles in the way of getting tickets.
One thing that has affected me is the inability to order away tickets over the phone - a major step backwards by the club in my opinion. It's easy to order in person if you live in Brighton but we don't. The last time I made a journey down to pick up tickets for Leeds, Forest and Huddersfield some kind soul smacked my car in North St NCP... Another hidden cost of away travel :(

If that is the case then why when the excuses are made about the high price of our tickets do we always get the phrase "Well it does include a travel voucher" thrown around???

As I have stated previously none of this affects me but I can see why we are getting such low crowds when we are putting so many obstacles in the way of getting tickets.
One thing that has affected me is the inability to order away tickets over the phone - a major step backwards by the club in my opinion. It's easy to order in person if you live in Brighton but we don't. The last time I made a journey down to pick up tickets for Leeds, Forest and Huddersfield some kind soul smacked my car in North St NCP... Another hidden cost of away travel :(

You can't blame the club because some fuckwit bumped your car! Anyway, I thought you could order away tickets on the phone. I'm sure I've done it before.

Caravan Club

Jul 28, 2004
Tunbridge Wellsb
You can't blame the club because some fuckwit bumped your car! Anyway, I thought you could order away tickets on the phone. I'm sure I've done it before.

Strangely enough the last comment was tongue in cheek!!! But had I been able to buy the tickets over the phone I wouldn't have needed to park there.

No you cannot order away tickets over the phone this was brought in this season previously you had been able to.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

Huddersfield was pay on the gate, Luton is pay on the gate, Southend is apply by post, phone, fax or in person.
I'm genuinely puzzled as to why you had to collect in person from the club shop.

Caravan Club

Jul 28, 2004
Tunbridge Wellsb
Huddersfield was pay on the gate, Luton is pay on the gate, Southend is apply by post, phone, fax or in person.
I'm genuinely puzzled as to why you had to collect in person from the club shop.

At the time Forest wasn't so I went down on a Saturday before the Donny game to collect them all together. Also many games are now cheaper if you pre-buy them and also frequentky my wife doesn't get her student discount unless they are pre-purchased.
Is that okay with you?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
At the time Forest wasn't so I went down on a Saturday before the Donny game to collect them all together. Also many games are now cheaper if you pre-buy them and also frequentky my wife doesn't get her student discount unless they are pre-purchased.
Is that okay with you?

Thanks for the sarcasm but otherwise fair comment.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
FFS, a bloke has a semi legitimate gripe, which is mainly down to inexperience of working the on-line ticket system, and all the childish wankers of NSC can do is post sarcy comments. Not everyone is a superfan that will go to the lengths of the earth to get a ticket, some people just want to watch a game of football with minimal effort. A few of you need to grow up.

'Go to the lengths of the Earth' FFS, all he needs to do is get of his arse and leave the pub 10 minutes earlier to pick up a ticket from the ground!!!!

Perhaps rather than slag off the club just because he doesn't understand or know the system, he could post a thread asking NSC posters for advice but no, doesn't get his way so it is the clubs fault.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
On Saturday, unless I am delivered from my house to my seat by a golden sedan chair which is carried by tanned sweating half-naked busty insatiable maidens from each of the world's continents who stop carrying only to pour vintage champagne into my mouth and fellate me as they do so, I'm going to send an email to Martin Perry complaining about it. Doesn't the club want my custom?

Leave. The. Sodding. Pub. Five. Minutes. Earlier. It's really not THAT difficult, unless you're an alcoholic, in which case I'd choose to save the ticket money for an extra 20 litre bottles of Diamond White.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Whatever the club do, they'll always be something for people to whine about!

It is no hassle at all to book the tickets and collect them on the day, you're just creating problems.

I think everything people said about your inabilty to collect tickets on the day and everyone else that thought the club was somehow 'not considering the fans' by subjecting them to actually cutting their boozing time short were spot on.
...how on earth you managed to support such a club for 20 years is beyond me??
Maybe you should just sit at home and listen to it on the radio, you can have as many beers as you like then....:thumbsup:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Yes, but the queue at a cash turnstile would be much slower as we have an all seater stadium. Therefore you have to be allocated a seat and have to be given a ticket so you know where your seat is. This is before the cash transaction happens, and waiting for change etc. This is also before people start arguing about where they want to sit etc. Because these tickets will be for the home stands, where people do have season tickets, it's not like away games where people can disregard the seat numbers they've got and sit where they like.

As opposed to picking a ticket up outside and sailing straight through the turnstile as the transaction and issuing a ticket has already been done.

There is always some amount of queuing at football grounds, no matter where you go. Your argument is flawed and you know it.

No it's not and I don't!

Why not have pre-printed tickets of the unsold ones in the ground? The club knows which seats it hasn't sold surely.

It's what they do at numerous other grounds.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
What am I missing here. I rang the ticket office yesterday and my tickets arrived in the post this morning. Excellent service.

I'm sorry, but that's strictly not permitted. After you've rung up to purchase tickets, you HAVE to come on here and moan about something, however trivial it might be. Also, under no circumstances are you allowed to praise the ticket office staff or the service they provide.

Check page 49 of the NSC Rulebook if you don't believe me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here