Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Wonder we don`t sell many Tickets

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Ah, to live in such a black and white world.

So here's what happens at the City Council...

BHA: This planning condition about paying on the turnstiles, we want it removed.

BHCC: Um, OK, can you give us in detail, your plans for excess people coming to the ground, without pre-paid tickets, and not being able to get in?

BHA: Um, er. Shrug our shoulders, say sorry, and hope they go away? Or give them a free cup of tea, and hope they go away? Or ask them to do the Womble service, and hope they go away? Or possibly shoot them?

BHCC: Hmm, interesting. Might win us a few more votes in Withdean. But no, don't think so. Bye.

You see, as soon as people find out about this way of getting into the ground, exponentially more will want to get in, and overspill will be more guaranteed. Seeing as it is then the club's repsonsibility to disperse them, that's when trouble starts. And that doesn't take into account any excess away fans.

Put it this way, how would YOU resolve these issues?

You crack me up you REALLY do!

You can spin anything! Who are you f***ing at the club?

Do you REALLY think by adding a cash turnstile it's going create such an influx of people wanting to go on a Saturday afternoon??

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
You crack me up you REALLY do!

You can spin anything! Who are you f***ing at the club?

Do you REALLY think by adding a cash turnstile it's going create such an influx of people wanting to go on a Saturday afternoon??

It doesn't matter what Al thinks. It's what the council thinks that matters.

No it's not and I don't!

Why not have pre-printed tickets of the unsold ones in the ground? The club knows which seats it hasn't sold surely.

It's what they do at numerous other grounds.

Well I was assuming that would be the case in your scenario anyway, not that someone would have to print the tickets, or look up on either on seating plans or online where the empty seats are and write the bloody things out!

Even if you had the pre printed tickets of all the seats that were unsold the line at that turnstile would be much much slower than the combined line at the collection point and other turnstiles for all the reasons I listed above, the payment, the fact that people will want to choose from the array of available seats, that people might want to get more than one seat together, which will mean the turnstile operator having to go through the tickets etc.

A cash turnstile doesn't solve any of the problems you're whinging about.

I'm not the club, nor am I trying to put a spin on anything, but can you not now see that what you've been saying is wrong, or at least flawed?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

You can't have it both ways - either the lack of "pay on the gate" facilities is the reason the ground is not packed to the rafters each week or there is no demand and therefore we can tell the council there would not be a problem with people turning up without tickets.

Make your bloody ill-thought through mind up.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
You can't have it both ways - either the lack of "pay on the gate" facilities is the reason the ground is not packed to the rafters each week or there is no demand and therefore we can tell the council there would not be a problem with people turning up without tickets.

Make your bloody ill-thought through mind up.

We've got between 3-5k empty seats for most home games. By adding a cash turnstile we are not going to get and extra 3-5k people. We might get another couple of hundred though which at 25 quid a pop is money we can't really afford to be turning away.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I don't know where you get 5,000 empty seats from (except for the JPT games)

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I'm not the club, nor am I trying to put a spin on anything, but can you not now see that what you've been saying is wrong, or at least flawed?

No I don't. So you are saying when I ring up to buy ticket or go to the shop they have a giant print out of the ground with all the taken seats ticked off? Of course they don't, they have computer software to do it for them. Why not at 1pm (or when ever it is you can buy ticket up to) just print off all or some of the unsold ones stick them on a gate and flog em?

No I don't. So you are saying when I ring up to buy ticket or go to the shop they have a giant print out of the ground with all the taken seats ticked off? Of course they don't, they have computer software to do it for them. Why not at 1pm (or when ever it is you can buy ticket up to) just print off all or some of the unsold ones stick them on a gate and flog em?

Can't you order online up to 2.30pm anyway?

I know how the ticket allocation process works, and I know exactly what you are saying, but you are ignoring everything I said in answer to the moaning about the time it would take to queue to collect then queue to get in!

Considering that you can order online until very late I don't see what the problem is. Very very few people, if any, will leave it later than 2.30 to decide they want to go, as they wouldn't have time to get there! It wouldn't be worth the effort that the club would have to go through to get this particular condition of Withdean removed.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The ground holds 9k right? We've had two games in recent weeks that have only just scraped over the 4k mark

Ground capacity is 8895.

Recent gates

Sat 1 Leyton Orient 6,242
Tue 4 Gillingham 6,836
Sat 15 Doncaster 6,252
Sat 22 Swindon 6,849

We've got between 3-5k empty seats for most home games. By adding a cash turnstile we are not going to get and extra 3-5k people. We might get another couple of hundred though which at 25 quid a pop is money we can't really afford to be turning away.

So this is the justification to support a planning consent variation that BH Council (and the Withdean residents) are expected to approve/accept is it?
Just a thought - how does the club restrict the numbers turning up to less then two hundred, how will they get to Withdean and, if coming by car, where will they park?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
You could drink quicker to make up for it.

Now I do agree with this, but 6 pints spread out between 11am and 230pm tends to be about the correct balance. Start upping the amount or drinking it quicker in less time and the results can be disastrous (ask those who once sat in F Block). It is will planned operation this pre-match drinking lark.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
So this is the justification to support a planning consent variation that BH Council (and the Withdean residents) are expected to approve/accept is it?
Just a thought - how does the club restrict the numbers turning up to less then two hundred, how will they get to Withdean and, if coming by car, where will they park?

Nail on the head. But Arthur is a dog with a bone and he will ignore this point.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

They will park where ever they damn well feel like, like everyone else does. Only the bobble hat brigade uses the park and ride surely?

The club have no right to tell you where you can and cannot park.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here