Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Emergency timetable when line reopens as follows -

Departures at

XX00 calling at Clapham J, E Croydon, Gatwick, T Bridges, H Heath and Brighton

XX02 calling at Clapham J, Horsham then all stations to Bognor

XX15 calling at Clapham J, E Croydon , Gatwick, T Bridges, H Heath and Brighton

XX17 calling at Clapham J, Selhurst, E Croydon, Redhill, Gatwick, T Bridges, H Heath, B Hill, Hassocks, Hove, Portsalde, Shoreham, Lancing, Worthing and all stns to Littlehampton

More to follow

and the other way ?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm here at platform 9 at Clapham Junction waiting for the Pompey train. Queues aren't too bad yet but the board said that there's only 5 carriages. It could get fun if it's delayed any longer.

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
So hard to know what to do in these situations.

If Ernest's prediction is right about services resuming at 6pm, then i might aswell stay at work for a bit longer. No point standing around at Victoria/L.Bridge eh?..

I don't get Southern's suggestion of alternative routes. It suggests the Hastings/Eastbourne/Lewes route for E.Sussex but surely its not worth it if the fast lines are going to be reopened soon?

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
Latest update -

Fast lines hope to reopen at 1800 with emergency timetable as above

1757 London Bridge to Brighton will run via Dorking calling at Horsham, T Bridges, H Heath, B Hill, Hassocks, P Park and Brighton

Thanks loads, again. Don't suppose you/anyone know/s roughly what time it would arrive at P Park?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The iPhone national rail app is a bit crap by the way. Don't rely on it. The train im on doesn't exist according to the app.

dje shoreham

Nov 2, 2009
NSC has a lot of Prats, Morons, Whinging Moaning Pricks and Self Righteous Arseholes, but there are times when genuinely useful and has some fantastically helpful people on it! Thanks for the warnings, will work my route home, leave early and hopefully be back at a useful time!

spot on - thanks Ernest - just hope you are not needed on match days!

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Update of situation at east croydon. It's chaos.

Been commuting for 6 years and seen some delays but there are 1000' s queing for coaches.when trains do restart the old bill there are going to have a battle keeping them back.tempers are growing in this heat.

I've jumped in cab with 3 others to gatwick and will weigh up options then.not going to be a fun evening for many so.good luck

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here