Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No trains to London

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Burst water main then landslip - could be a very bad week trying to get to London from the South coast, might have to work at home

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Oh brilliant - I work in East Croydon and was hoping to get off early (back to Worthing) as it's my birthday today and it looks like it's going to be a tricky proposition now :(

East Croydon - Clapham Junction - Havant - Worthing if you get the timings right shouldn't put too much extra time on the journey. Happy Birthday, btw!

dje shoreham

Nov 2, 2009
so any Network Rail or Southern nsc guys give us any better information. Just rung my wife in London and told her she might be going home via Havant!

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Oh brilliant - I work in East Croydon and was hoping to get off early (back to Worthing) as it's my birthday today and it looks like it's going to be a tricky proposition now :(

Go home. Now.
It's your birthday.
You have been told.

(PS Happy Birthday!)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Options going home unless resolved are via Havant or Hastings - Ernest any idea when full service re-instated ?

VeronaSeagull

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Hmmmm getting to Haywards Heath could be fun. Don't know whether to leave now and see where I get to or hope it is sorted by rush hour (if problems as trains/crew out of place)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Looks like it might be train to E Croydon then bus to 3 Bridges

From southernrailway.com

We are attempting to arrange rail replacement buses between East Croydon and Three Bridges, between Oxted and East Croydon, between Redhill and Oxted, between Uckfield and Oxted, between Purley and East Croydon and between Crowborough and Tunbridge Wells (for connection to Southeastern services).

Super Gus!

Mar 3, 2010
just drove past 3 bridges, the queue for the coaches is massive and looks like there was only 1 coach anyway... gonna take a few hours to get on a coach at least i reckon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here