Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No loan striker Tweets Andy Naylor

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Does anyone on here actually know, really know, what budget is available for a loan striker? Without that little nugget slagging Gus off for not getting someone in is absolute bollocks...

Or are you assuming that Tony is a blank cheque?

People on here know nothing.. They've played football manager and think its the same in real life..

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus
"We are not looking now apart from the very cheap, big, quick and best finisher in the world that doesn't exist." #bhafc

That's the key point. I'm sure we could persuade a player of the right calibre to come, given Bruno, Vicente, Bridge, Kuszczak etc...but if they're that level, and a striker, they don't come cheap. I personally would rather build slowly and accept that yes, it may be frustrating at times, and yes, we probably won't go up this season or next...but make progress, rather than splurge 20k a week on a big-name striker just to satisfy the moaners, only for him to then maybe get a season-long injury in his first game and set us back to square one.

But then that probably makes me a blind arse-licker of the club, rather than the sentient and inspired individuals who've seen the light the rest of us can't, that Gus should be fired and 80% of our squad aren't good enough. Get Heskey in. Get Kenwyne Jones. Bollocks.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
people on here know nothing.. They've played football manager and think its the same in real life..

andy naylor ‏@andynaylorargus
"we are not looking now apart from the very cheap, big, quick and best finisher in the world that doesn't exist." #bhafc

that's the key point. I'm sure we could persuade a player of the right calibre to come, given bruno, vicente, bridge, kuszczak etc...but if they're that level, and a striker, they don't come cheap. I personally would rather build slowly and accept that yes, it may be frustrating at times, and yes, we probably won't go up this season or next...but make progress, rather than splurge 20k a week on a big-name striker just to satisfy the moaners, only for him to then maybe get a season-long injury in his first game and set us back to square one.

But then that probably makes me a blind arse-licker of the club, rather than the sentient and inspired individuals who've seen the light the rest of us can't, that gus should be fired and 80% of our squad aren't good enough. Get heskey in. Get kenwyne jones. Bollocks.

these!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The loan strikers we had last season were pony , BDB especially.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm sorry but I don't think it's asking too much for a manager to replace a striker that HE LET GO FOR FREE. 2 years to sort this out and we're still no further forward accept we've bought a load and loaned a load of dross in the mean time.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm sorry but I don't think it's asking too much for a manager to replace a striker that HE LET GO FOR FREE. 2 years to sort this out and we're still no further forward accept we've bought a load and loaned a load of dross in the mean time.

They grow on trees, don't they?
CMS was the replacement and scored more than Murray last season.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
OK CMS was a replacement that left a gaping need for a player like Murray, who we've not replaced, or come even close to replacing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
OK CMS was a replacement that left a gaping need for a player like Murray, who we've not replaced, or come even close to replacing.

This has been posted hundreds of times but we were always going to lose him as he needed the signing on fee as well as a higher wage due to his marital settlement.
As I posted before, strikers don't grow on trees.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Worth mentioning that Poyet also forced Forster out the club, who was an excellent servant to the club and scored freely in a shite team. Doesn't give me much belief in Poyet's ability to bring in a decent striker when his only contributions to our strike force since arriving is to force our best two out of the club and not replace them.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Worth mentioning that Poyet also forced Forster out the club, who was an excellent servant to the club and scored freely in a shite team. Doesn't give me much belief in Poyet's ability to bring in a decent striker when his only contributions to our strike force since arriving is to force our best two out of the club and not replace them.

We got promoted in style, the following season. What happened to Forster after he left us?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
But apparently strikers that can't hit a barn door do grow on trees and Poyet has an eye for them

Holroyd
Vokes
Paynter
Wood
Mackail-Smith
Sandaza
Bergkamp
Adgestein
Hoskins

None of the strikers Poyet has signed can consistently hit the back of the net. Other than Barnes in League 1, I'll give him that.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Getting rid of Forster was a bold decision which turned out to be spot on as he wanted a long contract but had a dodgy knee, as became clear once he left. Which just proves that Gus knows a little bit more about the full facts of the situation than all the usual moaners on here...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
But apparently strikers that can't hit a barn door do grow on trees and Poyet has an eye for them

Holroyd
Vokes
Paynter
Wood
Mackail-Smith

None of the strikers Poyet has signed can consistently hit the back of the net. Other than Barnes in League 1, I'll give him that.

Really? What about the 30 league goals CMS scored two seasons ago?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Bloom won't give him anymore dough, after what he has spunked already on a squad full of midfielders and quite rightly so in my opinion. This is real life Gus not not a computer game. Bet someone comes in on loan quick enough if Poyet walks or is sacked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here