Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No loan striker Tweets Andy Naylor

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Since when did we sign Zamora for £520k???

£100k upfront plus 30% of the profit when we sold him for £1.5 million, giving a grand total of £520,000.

It would have been more had Dick Knight accepted Everton's £3 million offer twelve months previously.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
£100k upfront plus 30% of the profit when we sold him for £1.5 million, giving a grand total of £520,000.

It would have been more had Dick Knight accepted Everton's £3 million offer twelve months previously.

So you including a sell on fee, as what we signed him for???....We signed Zamora for £100k, not £520k. What if he had broken his leg in the first season and never played again. My second point was at what stage do we pay the add on for CMS to make it up to £3.25m, if we go up???...If that's the case it will never happen under Poyet.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So you including a sell on fee, as what we signed him for???....We signed Zamora for £100k, not £520k. What if he had broken his leg in the first season and never played again. My second point was at what stage do we pay the add on for CMS to make it up to £3.25m, if we go up???...If that's the case it will never happen under Poyet.

Your original post said he COST us £100,000, he didn't. We wrote out cheques totalling £520,000. Cost includes contingent payments, as anyone working in finance will confirm.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I've never heard a player say yet, that they signed for a club because they thought the manager was a wanker, have you???..Opinions change though.

No because they simply wouldn't sign would they? Would you? Unless you were solely driven by money. Didn't cms state that about sven just recently.

I am off to bed, 8 pages of shite on the back of an Andy Naylor tweet.....

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Your original post said he COST us £100,000, he didn't. We wrote out cheques totalling £520,000. Cost includes contingent payments, as anyone working in finance will confirm.

lol, ok signed for £100k, cost £520k in the end, I concede that one...Doesn't change the original point Poyet has taken us as far as he can and is all out of ideas. Only a matter of time before the excuses start coming out..He is staring down the barrel of a gun, the bullets are on the table and if we have another poor display tomorrow night, they might just get put in the chamber, ready for the trigger to be pulled.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
No because they simply wouldn't sign would they? Would you? Unless you were solely driven by money. Didn't cms state that about sven just recently.

I am off to bed, 8 pages of shite on the back of an Andy Naylor tweet.....

Same as that, early to rise. Get the bloody work out the way, then bring on the biggest game of the season so far..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
lol, ok signed for £100k, cost £520k in the end, I concede that one...Doesn't change the original point Poyet has taken us as far as he can and is all out of ideas. Only a matter of time before the excuses start coming out..He is staring down the barrel of a gun, the bullets are on the table and if we have another poor display tomorrow night, they might just get put in the chamber, ready for the trigger to be pulled.

That sounds about as accurate as Vicente wouldn't start 10 games by the end of last season. You were wrong then too.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I don't understand why people think that. Firstly, Bloom was incredibly loyal to Slade, keeping him longer than most other owners would, and from most reports at the time, Slade wasn't who Bloom wanted when that choice was made. I take that as an indication that Bloom isn't someone who is going to be quick to fire someone just because a poor run.

The when you look at Gus's record with us and Bloom's actions in the past:

gus record 12.11.01.jpg
(hover over/click to enlarge)

Gus has had similar and worse barren runs, and there hasn't even been a hint of Bloom acting to oust him. Looking at those results, would probably reassure Bloom (and should reassure fans to a degree) that Gus can, and probably will, get us out of what is a blip. He hasn't lost it or the team, we haven't been found out, we're just going through a poor run. Gus has shown it will turn around without the need to give up on his style or the players. A six game winless run is, apparently, nothing that threatens Gus's job. Really, whether you agree or not, it seems (going by recent history) that we will be on more than 9 or 10 games without a win before bullets are even taken out of the box, let alone "put on the table".

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That sounds about as accurate as Vicente wouldn't start 10 games by the end of last season. You were wrong then too.

He also stuck his neck out in march and said if we didn't get promoted, Gus wouldn't be with us this season. On the plus side he has claimed Ashley Barnes won't score 20 this season, so I expect Barnes to have a fruitful season now...

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
When you say CMS will never cost 3.25 million, you can say that for almost every transfer as teams rarely pay the full amount hence why they're undisclosed.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I don't understand why people think that. Firstly, Bloom was incredibly loyal to Slade, keeping him longer than most other owners would, and from most reports at the time, Slade wasn't who Bloom wanted when that choice was made. I take that as an indication that Bloom isn't someone who is going to be quick to fire someone just because a poor run.

The when you look at Gus's record with us and Bloom's actions in the past:

View attachment 35855
(hover over/click to enlarge)

Gus has had similar and worse barren runs, and there hasn't even been a hint of Bloom acting to oust him. Looking at those results, would probably reassure Bloom (and should reassure fans to a degree) that Gus can, and probably will, get us out of what is a blip. He hasn't lost it or the team, we haven't been found out, we're just going through a poor run. Gus has shown it will turn around without the need to give up on his style or the players. A six game winless run is, apparently, nothing that threatens Gus's job. Really, whether you agree or not, it seems (going by recent history) that we will be on more than 9 or 10 games without a win before bullets are even taken out of the box, let alone "put on the table".

I admire the effort you put into this. I don't think it's got nothing to do with the run of games. More the style of play, the amount of players he has signed, the lack of goals and his general attitude towards everything...And that graph would look very different if stated at the start of last season. When we was in this division, not the one lower down.

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
I admire the effort you put into this. I don't think it's got nothing to do with the run of games. More the style of play, the amount of players he has signed, the lack of goals and his general attitude towards everything...And that graph would look very different if stated at the start of last season. When we was in this division, not the one lower down.

Well said, I have not trimmed my minkie since the last time we won as a protest and it is now looking like Terry Waite's allotment.

Mr bhadebenhams now won't go near my clopper and has taken to slipping me up the Gary Glitter to get his conjugal rights.

This would never have happened if Dean Wilkins (SEVENTH!!!!!!) was still in charge. All of this is Dick Knight's fault.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

If you limit the graph to the start of last season, then all you do is eliminate smaller winless runs, and reduce the legitimacy of argument it's "more a style of play". Limit it to just the last season and this and you have a run of nine without a win, and a run of 10 without a win, a run of four without a point or a goal, which were all accompanied with cries of "we've been found out", "we have to change our style of play", "Gus's signings aren't any good, 4m for CMS and what has he done?" and so on, reinforcing my argument that this is current run of form is really just part of the cycle of the Albion, and anyone looking at the whole of Gus's tenure would see that, and thus his job isn't currently under threat.

Since entering the Championship, we have had long runs without a win and come through them without changing our style of play. Last season, despite those runs, we finished in 10th place. By comparison to last season we had fallen further than we have this season at this point (partly due to an improved defence), on a fixture by fixture comparison we are up 2 points on last season. Gus's job won't be under threat unless the runs last as longer than last season and we risk relegation, or if we get to the of the season and have repeated the pattern of winless runs costing us a chance of the play offs again. (i.e. this run could end tonight, the next winless run (after another 8-10 games undefeated) might only last 6 or seven games and at the end of the season we might be closer to the play offs, showing an improvement on last season - which is all we should ask for, imo).

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Good to see the broken record brigade all available for their negative comments at the same time. It's the only way to try and bring others down really.

We were mostly thrilled to see Dobbie arrive. Who else will we all be wrong about and blame Gus for? I thank the heavens that the longball Lenny's won't have their dreams come true for a while and we'll continue to build a slick passing side gradually, trying our best to have the intelligent football that English sides invariably struggle to have thanks partially to idiots on the sidelines screaming for the players to panic and lose possession with their uninspiring hoofery.
I'm of the mind that we'll be working on things in training that will have our shooting boots have their compasses rearranged a little to point goalwards, and our team to emerge to the field with a rampant desire to rampage from the off.

Don't really associate our performances with the words rampant and rampaging.Not yet anyway.
Can you send me some of the pills you are taking?:lolol:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If you limit the graph to the start of last season, then all you do is eliminate smaller winless runs, and reduce the legitimacy of argument it's "more a style of play". Limit it to just the last season and this and you have a run of nine without a win, and a run of 10 without a win, a run of four without a point or a goal, which were all accompanied with cries of "we've been found out", "we have to change our style of play", "Gus's signings aren't any good, 4m for CMS and what has he done?" and so on, reinforcing my argument that this is current run of form is really just part of the cycle of the Albion, and anyone looking at the whole of Gus's tenure would see that, and thus his job isn't currently under threat.

Since entering the Championship, we have had long runs without a win and come through them without changing our style of play. Last season, despite those runs, we finished in 10th place. By comparison to last season we had fallen further than we have this season at this point (partly due to an improved defence), on a fixture by fixture comparison we are up 2 points on last season. Gus's job won't be under threat unless the runs last as longer than last season and we risk relegation, or if we get to the of the season and have repeated the pattern of winless runs costing us a chance of the play offs again. (i.e. this run could end tonight, the next winless run (after another 8-10 games undefeated) might only last 6 or seven games and at the end of the season we might be closer to the play offs, showing an improvement on last season - which is all we should ask for, imo).

So if we improved one place year on year, it could take seven years to go up.Not sure that's all our chairman would ask for.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So if we improved one place year on year, it could take seven years to go up.Not sure that's all our chairman would ask for.

It could also only take 3 more years. Well, gus has said he wants to finish higher than last season, I've not heard Bloom say that wasn't good enough for him.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire

Actually I think most chairman would take that, building towards a challenge, rather than spending millions on a season gamble?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here