Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicest place you have visited in Europe (excluding UK)

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Pagan in Burma .Hundreds of complete and crumbling pagodas built over centuries framed by the Irrawaddy River .
Utah , amazing golden deserts and rock formations leading down to Monument Valley.
China , Xian , Guilin , Great Wall ...Stunning.
West Coast of Norway........Pining for the Fjords !!

:facepalm:???:shrug::nono::ohmy::shootself:lolol:

OK, PFJ - you posted while I was doing my reply. Consider it withdrawn :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Lake Como, Italy
Ronda, Andalucia, Spain

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Can't remember the name, but beautiful little fishing port in South Spain, right next to the French border. Beautiful, beautiful place and, if you avoided the tourist restaurants, amazing food.

EDIT:

Looking at a map it may well have been Cadaqués in Spain. It was absolutely amazing. 42.289279,3.277617 - Google Maps

Last edited:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I love Ostend in Belgium !!
Rouen in France too the Cathedral is magnificent.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Honourable mention for Sarajevo... the atmosphere there is unbelievable.

Had a great day in the old town of Tallinn too... back to the medieval!

I love Ostend in Belgium !!
Rouen in France too the Cathedral is magnificent.

The old bit of Rouen is nice - however I believe it was all flattened during the war and rebuilt. The bits around the old nice bit belongs on another thread entitled "which French city do you always manage to get lost in when travelling to the Vendee, how hard would it be to put up some large signs with "Le Mans" on them?". Admittedly it is better than it was in this respect.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Le Previere on the edge of the Loire Valley. Small sleepy French village right on the doorstep of one of the best wine regions. One restaurant run by the French version of Basil Fawlty but the food is amazing !

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Rome. My favourite city by miles!

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I was driven along the coast road between Zarautz, through Getaria to Zumaia, between Guernica and San Sebastian. Beautiful coastline, bit like Cornwall in places.

Attachments

• spain-getaria-24.jpg
    spain-getaria-24.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Best individual location: The Blue Lagoon, midway between Reykjavik airport and city (bikini clad waitresses swimming cocktails over to you a few miles south of the Arctic circle, what's not to like?).

Best city: Stockholm (the most beautiful large town/city in Europe) or Ghent (Bruges without tourists with pubs that stay open beyond midnight).

Best country: Germany, as it's home to so many great cities each with their own varied appeals - Munich, Cologne, Hamburg, Berlin, etc.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
San Sebatastian .
Those Basques have certainly got their priorities right on how to live life .
It has a dominant food culture and I can't think of a better night out than bar-hopping through the historic Parte Vieja .
The city is also blessed with surf beaches and on the doorstep of The Pyrennes & SW France .

San Sebastian is a fantastic place.

We based ourselves there in 1982 for the first round of the World Cup.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I would go for Western Crete. Chania has a couple of mentions already, but for Beaches I would go for Paleochora or Georgioupolis. Both fantastic.

Cities - I loved Rome, Barca, Paris and Stockholm for different reasons, but found Paris and Stockholm very expensive.

As fataddick has said, Germany boasts some wonderful Cities too.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Plovdiv, Bulgaria's second city very much surprised me as a wonderfully picturesque and interesting old town. And it's a world away from the rather shabby state of Sofia.

Cobbled streets, Roman ruins, acres and acres of parkland and a seriously epic water fountain that plays eighties classics to delighted onlookers.

The fact that you can eat and drink to your heart's content for VERY little money makes it even better.

122820179684.jpg

OldPlovdiv1.jpg

plovdiv_1.jpg

plovdiv.jpg

Recommended

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
The entire length of Croatia's Dalmatian coast is jaw-droppingly beautiful. From Dubrovnik up to Split via Korcula, Hvar and Brac and then all the way up to the Istrian peninsular where the gorgeous little town of Pula sits sparkling in the calm Adriatic, there's just SO much to enjoy.

dalmatien_ferienhaus.jpg

korcula_bb.jpg

9233449.jpg

Hvar%20Croatia%201141123317.jpg

pula1.jpg

919876381_c6bfa6c8ae.jpg

split.jpg

Breathtaking scenery in EVERY direction, all enjoyed with plenty of Croatia's number one beer:

1.1277837105.delicious-ozujsko.jpg

:drool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here