Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicest place you have visited in Europe (excluding UK)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Carcassonne.
Oh and obviously Barbados.
As that is the greatest place on earth, I assumed the question was (Excluding UK & Barbados)

Last edited:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Another vote for Chania, lovely place.

Kalives in Crete is also really nice.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Oooh How difficult is this.

Surprised myself by agreeing that La Rochelle and Ile de Re take a lot of beating but in France I think I would ultimately settle for Biarritz because I love the town and its proximity to the basques country and the pyrenees but its a toss up with Saint Cyprien Plage near Perpignan which has a totally different feel but many of the same advantages. Whatever, if I had to choose, I think I would end up in France.

For somewhere unlikely to get a mention the Polish Lakes take some beating and I love the Polish people but really I could think of 100 places in 10 different countries (at least) ...................

Reading this thread I can see I need to revisit Cyprus....and Greece....and............. :lol:

D

Deleted member 18477

Florence, Siena, Arezzo, Poppi (all Italy, Tuscany) Algarve, Valencia, Paris. Enjoyed them all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Barcelona - magnificent city

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Calis Beach/Fethiye in Turkey.
dsc00548.jpg

Siena has had several mentions already, so I'll opt for the delightful city of Montalcino (where I used to live), about 30 miles to the south.

The house I lived in is the one on the right, although the photo dates back to the 1930s. It hasn't changed, though.

29%20ruga%20prima.jpg

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Venice - the only place that's ever literally taken my breath away .... and that wasn't just the stench of the canals on a sunny day!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here