Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicest place you have visited in Europe (excluding UK)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I know I was listing out places that we love. Sorry if that wasnt clear for you. I have also been to sarlat many times

No probs, mate...., in an Australian accent.... not that I am Australian.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Eglise Jeanne D'Arc, because it is very close to where the she was burnt at the stake by the British.

[pedant alert] Jeanne d'Arc was burned by the French not the English (although the English had a hidden hand in the proceedings and the English certainly wanted her dead

As to the original question: surely this depends on what you're looking for. Nicest place for nightlife? relaxing on your own? relaxing with family? a romantic getaway? Nicest place for culture? Football?

The only place I've ever wanted to live was Berlin so that must be pretty high but I do love the south-west of France too.
To be honest, there are dozens of brilliant places across Europe - some lively, some beautiful, some both.

There have only been two places in the world so horrible that I couldn't get away quickly enough: Barcelona and Dubai. Everywhere else that I've been has had something going for it.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I meant on the Southern coast, which it sort of is. It's certainly not on the northern coast, and Spain doesn't really have an east coast on account of the rest of Europe.

What?

spain.gif

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Budapest, Hungary with its stunning surrounding lakes and forests. Food and drink is cheap, the locals very friendly and pace of life so relaxed.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
So many places to list but some that come to mind:
For those who like Prague try Chesky Kromnov (spelling might be off)
Grindlewald, Switzerland
Fussen in Germany neuschwanstein castle (again my spelling sucks)
Crete in the mountains
Boppard, Germany
Zermatt, Switzerland

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
So many places to list but some that come to mind:
For those who like Prague try Chesky Kromnov (spelling might be off)
Grindlewald, Switzerland
Fussen in Germany neuschwanstein castle (again my spelling sucks)
Crete in the mountains
Boppard, Germany
Zermatt, Switzerland

Zermatt was great. The incredible Matterhorn can be seen from almost anywhere. And no cars.

I liked St.Anton, Obergurgl, Kitzbuehel, in Austria + some tiny ski villages, that always seem to have at least one heaving bar. Great locals.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Lucernne (Luzern) in Switzerland - lovely architechture, the lake, Mount Pilatus. Only problems are the tourists and it's so expensive. Still, going back there for work in September and can't wait.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Barcelona, awesome city

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
[pedant alert] Jeanne d'Arc was burned by the French not the English (although the English had a hidden hand in the proceedings and the English certainly wanted her dead

As to the original question: surely this depends on what you're looking for. Nicest place for nightlife? relaxing on your own? relaxing with family? a romantic getaway? Nicest place for culture? Football?

The only place I've ever wanted to live was Berlin so that must be pretty high but I do love the south-west of France too.
To be honest, there are dozens of brilliant places across Europe - some lively, some beautiful, some both.

There have only been two places in the world so horrible that I couldn't get away quickly enough: Barcelona and Dubai. Everywhere else that I've been has had something going for it.

Your pedantry, sir, is bang on target. Assomething of a pedant myself on occasion, I am aghast at what I have perpetrated.

And while i am here, Nice is nice, as is St Tropez out of season.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
No shouts for Madeira yet?
The Garden Isle.
A lot was washed away in the floods a few years ago, but I'm told it's now all back to normal.
Not too hot, not too cold, all the way through the year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here