Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Year's ST Prices / Travel Vouchers.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It would become everyone's problem if they decided not to run trains because they are losing money.

They do run trains at a loss hence the healthy subsidy when the bid for a franchise

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
The club wont include the travel price in the ST or matchday ticket , it will be provided as a "freebie" but the ST will be an extra £30 or the matchday ticket an extra £1.50.

Exactly. It will be a free service that all are entitled to use ( pretty much as it is now to be honest ). Of course it has a cost to the club, like any of the other overheads, and so when setting ticket prices it will be taken into consideration.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It would be an extra £36 on the price of every season ticket.

I understand that but then that is liable to VAT which presumably cannot be claimed back. What I am getting at is how many travel vouchers were paid for offset against what the club has to pay.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Don't worry he'll be literally begging for the travel vouchers when the government, fresh from bankers bonuses and network rail bonuses moves on to removing perks negotiated by left wing unions for others on the private sector in revenge. His train pass for his family is one such item and as nice Mr osborne keeps saying 'we're all in this together'.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
But that works out at less than £2 per game, you could get a return over the Falmer Road for that, but you'd rather walk a route with no pedestrian pathway over one of the most open and coldest roads in East Sussex.
Unbelievable

It has a footpath through the field for pedestrians, don't need to go on the road at all.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I understand that but then that is liable to VAT which presumably cannot be claimed back. What I am getting at is how many travel vouchers were paid for offset against what the club has to pay.

Pass, too tired to work it out.

The reality is, the train company need spot checks on the trains.

News of a few penallty fares being dished out would soon have most forking out £30 for the book of vouchers.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

News of a few penallty fares being dished out would soon have most forking out £30 for the book of vouchers.

That I entirely agree with and cannot understand why SR don't enforce that every now and then, £20 penalty fares dished out would soon stop this nonsense

If bus travel is to be included in the season ticket price how will senior citizens be treated who receive free bus passes?

I believe free bus passes do not work on P&R

I imagine the same system will stay in place and every now and then transport suppliers will have a blitz

As far as I am aware, senior citizens can use their concessionary bus passes to travel free on the P&R buses. But Horton's halftime iceberg is correct in one respect. The people who pay the bus companies for the use of bus passes (ie Brighton & Hove City Council) make no payment for their use on football park & ride services. To that extent, the bus pass scheme "does not work on P&R buses".

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

But there is no incentive to do spot checks. They get paid whatever. There is however an incentive to the club to get more vouchers sold even if that means making them mandatory. Almost all the real cases of non need such as cyclists or walkers can be dealt with by drawing a line in terms of address or offsetting when using the bike park. Oap passes not so easy given buses are free but trains aren't so perhaps a reduced amount? Just leaves those with train and bus pass people (and I am one) to take it like a man.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
But there is no incentive to do spot checks. They get paid whatever. There is however an incentive to the club to get more vouchers sold even if that means making them mandatory. Almost all the real cases of non need such as cyclists or walkers can be dealt with by drawing a line in terms of address or offsetting when using the bike park. Oap passes not so easy given buses are free but trains aren't so perhaps a reduced amount? Just leaves those with train and bus pass people (and I am one) to take it like a man.

Why not, they would get additional revenue for nothing, say every two months a blitz with 50 ticket inspectors would earn a windfall of penalty fares. I can only assume SR are being paid a kings ransom for the trains as at Shoreham the barrier is left open for anyone to travel free to Brighton as well and I rarely am asked to show a ticket there.

It would be a win win situation as more travel vouchers would be sold.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
But the franchise doesn't require them to provide free travel for football fans (which is what they seem to be providing now).

And not just football fans it is free to virtually everyone on match days if you can put up with packed trains.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why not, they would get additional revenue for nothing, say every two months a blitz with 50 ticket inspectors would earn a windfall of penalty fares. I can only assume SR are being paid a kings ransom for the trains as at Shoreham the barrier is left open for anyone to travel free to Brighton as well and I rarely am asked to show a ticket there.

It would be a win win situation as more travel vouchers would be sold.

What is the max penalty for jumping a train from within the travel zone to Falmer?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

I agree with Beach Hut.

I just thought I'd post that on this thread, because we're discussing a topic where he and I know that the two of us disagree about almost everything.

:)

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I agree with Beach Hut.

I just thought I'd post that on this thread, because we're discussing a topic where he and I know that the two of us disagree about almost everything.

Oh no we dont

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I agree with Beach Hut.

Blessed are the ale drinkers

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Whilst we are on the subject, I queued and waited for a Stagecoach bus that was late, and when it did arrive the fucker driving took one look at my travel voucher and said 'what's this?' After spending 5 minutes telling the fat prick that they have been in operation for 6 months, that I had used it countless times and that I had a train to catch, he refused to let me on! I had to walk to the train station in -4 degrees temperatures, missing TWO trains in the process. I wrote an email to Stagecoach when I got home and was offered a 1 day bus voucher. I replied saying they could stuff it up their arses...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here