Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Year's ST Prices / Travel Vouchers.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
It's a shame there are so many dishonest people about, otherwise we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Yeah, I always buy a travel voucher from the club, even knowing it will never be checked for the journey between Brighton and the AMEX. Money to the club afterall.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hope the club include the travel price in the ticket.

By far the lesser of two evils.
Absolutely. And for those saying "well it's not fair I have to pay as I won't use it" - tough shit. I had it for ten years at Withdean, forcibly paying for a useless travel voucher that I never used. Now hopefully it will be someone else's turn to moan about the iniquity of the system.

And no, you can't exchange it for anything else. Just bask in the warm glow of knowing that you are helping the club's sustainable transport policy. As you say, it is the lesser of two evils.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You obviously dont read all threads as there was one pointing out that penalty fares are not enforceable in law, you are only legally boound to pay the single fare of the route between the two station of joining and leaving..

I'd give up the weed if I were you.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Absolutely. And for those saying "well it's not fair I have to pay as I won't use it" - tough shit. I had it for ten years at Withdean, forcibly paying for a useless travel voucher that I never used. Now hopefully it will be someone else's turn to moan about the iniquity of the system.

Same here. I used to live within walking distance of the Withers, but did you hear me moan about travel vouchers? NO!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

And no, you can't exchange it for anything else. Just bask in the warm glow of knowing that you are helping the club's sustainable transport policy. As you say, it is the lesser of two evils.

I have been a train pass and bus pass holder and was also for the entire period at the Withdean.

I never complained then and I wont now

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
The club have clearly paid the travel companies so fans can travel free within the designated area's. The voucher scheme was created so the club could recoup some of its money back.

The flaw in the plan is that it relies on the honesty of fans to buy them and not just jump on a train for 'free'. I'm not criticising anyone for doing that, its just the way it is, but consequently I fully expect free travel to be included in next years ST & match day tickets, and the prices to rise modestly accordingly.

Whilst going through Liverpool's website looking at buses etc, I did find that they offer a travel season ticket at £75, so £30 is a bargain.

i hope that travel is back on the ticket. At present i buy match by match and usually go by train from lewes so buy a train ticket on the day. If the club has already paid for my travel seems a shame that i'm paying again.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Perhaps also worth remembering that Away fans aren't currently paying for a travel voucher(because on the whole they have no knowledge of it)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BG has never heard of the part when you're in court that if dodge a £2.40 fare and get awarded costs against you plus the fine costing you £200+

Wonder when he was a landlord of a boozer if he had such an attitude to people nicking his stock ?

As was pointed out in the extract from the paper it is not a fine, which can only be issued for CRIMINAL offense this is a CIVIL offense which is only decided at a county court not a criminal court. Nicking my stock would have been a criminal offense of stealing. The simple answer to Ernests point is you offer and pay the appropriate amount in his example £2.40 but not the penalty that is the matter that they will or will not chase through the court and that which is not enforceable without a county court judgement.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
The National Concessionary Bus Passes are just shown to travel on P & R Buses, but not recorded by anyone, so travel is free and no one receives any payment. The non B H Buses, probably have no readers anyway.

On the 23 & 25 buses, these are checked on the way to the ground on the readers, but after the game because these buses are severely delayed, no one has their tickets or passes checked at all.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
The National Concessionary Bus Passes are just shown to travel on P & R Buses, but not recorded by anyone, so travel is free and no one receives any payment. The non B H Buses, probably have no readers anyway.

On the 23 & 25 buses, these are checked on the way to the ground on the readers, but after the game because these buses are severely delayed, no one has their tickets or passes checked at all.

Really? I get my normal bus pass checked on the 25 after games, but it's only a vague glance. That tends to be all I normally get on the bus anyway though.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
As was pointed out in the extract from the paper it is not a fine, which can only be issued for CRIMINAL offense this is a CIVIL offense which is only decided at a county court not a criminal court. Nicking my stock would have been a criminal offense of stealing. The simple answer to Ernests point is you offer and pay the appropriate amount in his example £2.40 but not the penalty that is the matter that they will or will not chase through the court and that which is not enforceable without a county court judgement.

Try reading the railway byelaws and not second hand crap on google

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I don't see how they could check tickets on a train from Brighton to Falmer on matchday, hundreds of people trying to get on the train, no room to move once you are on, and the same hundreds of people trying to get out through two tiny gates at Falmer. The additional seats will only exacerbate this situation.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
That's where a nominal quid would be added to their ticket price next season.

Agreed. A quid is a cheap. Even if there's 4 in a car, it's cheaper than the £5.00 that Southampton charge for P+R

If Palace can charge us £30.00 for Selhurt, then £25.00, including travel for The Amex is a BARGAIN.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Agreed. A quid is a cheap. Even if there's 4 in a car, it's cheaper than the £5.00 that Southampton charge for P+R

If Palace can charge us £30.00 for Selhurt, then £25.00, including travel for The Amex is a BARGAIN.

At last, common sense rears its head on this thread.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
News of a few penallty fares being dished out would soon have most forking out £30 for the book of vouchers.

I'm not convinced to be honest. Thousands are travelling Brighton-Falmer by train and at most a guard can only fine a single person per journey and probably only at Falmer. Slim pickings. Would this really be a deterent?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here