Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

News Of The World- RIP

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Just to clarify - i, like this site require a paper that is fun informative and is easy to take-i don't want to read for hours-i just want to peruse at leisure.

I cannot condone the actions of the NOTW ,however i fully appreciate the need to bring the perpetrators to bear.

Was this the right way to do this(closing the paper)??? no

I liked the News of The World-so be it.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
It was'nt actually me who stated that. But i do agree with it somewhat. Its all good slagging off the paper, but when it comes to those who slag off the readers for being uneducated thicko's thats when it gets silly. They are the snobs. Obviously not everyone falls under that catagory

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Just to clarify - i, like this site require a paper that is fun informative and is easy to take-i don't want to read for hours-i just want to peruse at leisure.

I cannot condone the actions of the NOTW ,however i fully appreciate the need to bring the perpetrators to bear.

This.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It was'nt actually me who stated that. But i do agree with it somewhat. Its all good slagging off the paper, but when it comes to those who slag off the readers for being uneducated thicko's thats when it gets silly. They are the snobs. Obviously not everyone falls under that catagory

call them snobs-i do have to again disagree with the generalisation-think about it,for a few moments,the people who were hacked may well have been the least snobbish people you could meet,yet still will slag it off.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
For those of you who have a copy, what are they featuring as the major stories that they broke during their 168 year history? Just curious.

It's in the kitchen,about 100 pages thick-have not the time at present.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Brooks has openly said that they had to close the paper as far far worse revelations are going to come out over the next two years. The investigations have only just begun, and I suspect those trying to defend the NOTW and blame things on "a couple of rogue journos" will feel sick to their stomachs when the full story comes out and they realise what they've been trying to defend. They've only scraped the surface so far.

Lord B won't be happy with what you are implying !

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Interesting comment, surprised lord b hasnt come down on you the way he did terrberry! Maybe you could elaborate ?

simple really.

my suggestion is that it was (and is?) more than a few journalists involved/responsible/supporting what has been agreedly reprehensible "journalistic practice" and that the newscorp tree is rotten to the core

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern

that's fair enough. Can't argue with that. I'd buy a publication as you've described. In fact I used to buy the sun, for the same reasons, they do the amusing human interest stuff better than anyone else. Loads of football too. But, they also do 'news'. I forget what it was, but one day I read something in it, and I just thought, why the f*** do I give these wankers my money.

I've always wondered why we can't have a, as you said, fun, informative 'paper' with plenty of sport. Without the muck raking and political agendas.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
call them snobs-i do have to again disagree with the generalisation-think about it,for a few moments,the people who were hacked may well have been the least snobbish people you could meet,yet still will slag it off.

I actually said the 1s on here calling NOTW readers Thicko's were the snobs. Not every single person who chooses to read another paper

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
simple really.

my suggestion is that it was (and is?) more than a few journalists involved/responsible/supporting what has been agreedly reprehensible "journalistic practice" and that the newscorp tree is rotten to the core

I wouldn't know if you are right or not, my point is that the OP implied something similar and he got shot down in flames by lord b. NSC clique at is very best !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here