Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

News Of The World- RIP

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Newspapers don't vote. People do.

The problem has never been voters taking instructions from Murdoch.

The problem has been that politicians believe Murdoch's propaganda about his own influence ["It's The Sun Wot Won It", etc]. Because they believe this, they suck up to the man and his evil empire. And they think it is more important to listen to Murdoch and have Murdoch-friendly policies than it is to listen to the voters.

I agree with this sentiment, but the big question is whether the balance is starting to shift and people might realise, if they didn't know already, that the less the Murdoch family have to do with the media in our country the better. I think there is a feeling amongst many in politics that associating with them could be harmful to their careers.

Does anyone seriously think that Murdoch would close the paper down so quickly if the malfeasance wasn't still ongoing?
This is the simplest way of sacking hundreds of journalists and production staff that Murdoch wants to sack anyway. He and Brooks must be delighted with how easy it's proving.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
a few pages on . . 16 YR OLD CHARLOTTE CHURCH IN A BIKINI!

A disgusting rag.

Thats your view, But being the biggest selling Newspaper this country has ever seen proves that others like me enjoyed it. Dont get me wrong, the Milly Dowler stuff was sick but a few rogue Journalists dont justify what you are saying. For 1 Neil Ashton is the best footy reprter around, now he's out of a job because a few sad F*ckers thought they do as they pleased. Every tree has bad apples ...... Presuming it an apple tree of course

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
I am shedding as many tears over the demise of the news of the screws as I would over the demise of SCC, palarse or the bankrupt shambles down the coast.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Sad day really, all my life i have read this paper and its sad that it has come to this. I know what the paper has done with the phone hacking stuff is just wrong on every level. But I think overall the paper has done some really good things. Exposing crooks, peodophiles, Royal Affairs, Murders etc. I for one will miss it. I know there are many who will be glad to get rid
And how do you suppose they got these exclusives? Could it be the phone tapping of Diana? Bribing the police? Listening into police radios? Probably hacking email accounts.

Yep, I can see why they'll be missed.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Sad day really, all my life i have read this paper and its sad that it has come to this. I know what the paper has done with the phone hacking stuff is just wrong on every level. But I think overall the paper has done some really good things. Exposing crooks, peodophiles, Royal Affairs, Murders etc. I for one will miss it. I know there are many who will be glad to get rid

Now the NOTW has finished, why don't you start buying a newspaper that actually reports the news, rather than sensationalising bullshit celeb stories and unfounded transfer rumours. You might find it educating and insightful giving you a broader perspective of the world rather than pages about Ryan Giggs latest squeeze.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I was actually interested in the Giggs story, just because some of the snobs prefer to read the independent dont mean I have to agree. I enjoyed NOTW, and i am not ashamed to admit it. Was the only paper worth reading on a sunday. I dont care about stocks, shares, politics etc The NOTW catered for my needs

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
And how do you suppose they got these exclusives? Could it be the phone tapping of Diana? Bribing the police? Listening into police radios? Probably hacking email accounts.

Yep, I can see why they'll be missed.

I will miss them, It was'nt just them hacking. As I am sure you will hear in the coming weeks

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Gutted about this really. It was the only paper worth reading on Sunday. Just have to wait until the revamped version appears, until then no newspaper will be purchased on a Sunday in this house.

glad someone agrees. People forget that its the biggest selling newspaper this country has ever seen.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I will miss the sports section for sure-was the best

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
With the utmost respect, i always found the people who buy this arse rag to be somewhat.....errrm, retarded.

That's all, carry on.

i must be rutard

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here