Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

News Of The World- RIP

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Totally stitched up John Alford. He was an idiot but he wasn't a coke dealer. How that fake sheik prick got away with not being arrested for entrapment I dont know. Good riddance.

funnily enough they mention that today as one of their many examples of public interest journalism. they should have been shut down over all that sheik business, sad that it takes dead teenage girls to do it.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Well obviously I'm in the minority here but I thought the NOTW catered for everybody. It had its showbiz crap for the birds, it had its fair share of news for the people that want that kind of thing and it had the best sports section of all the papers for the blokes. What more could you want?

Could'nt agree more. Only the snobs would dissagree..... Will say it again. Biggest selling Newspaper....... must be lots and lots of retards

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Could'nt agree more. Only the snobs would dissagree..... Will say it again. Biggest selling Newspaper....... must be lots and lots of retards

i thought only spoilt american teenage girls on tv said retarded. i would not want to sound like paris hilton while trying to make a point about thick people it doesnt really add any weight to your argument.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Brooks has openly said that they had to close the paper as far far worse revelations are going to come out over the next two years. The investigations have only just begun, and I suspect those trying to defend the NOTW and blame things on "a couple of rogue journos" will feel sick to their stomachs when the full story comes out and they realise what they've been trying to defend. They've only scraped the surface so far.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
i thought only spoilt american teenage girls on tv said retarded. i would not want to sound like paris hilton while trying to make a point about thick people it doesnt really add any weight to your argument.

You make no sense at all

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Outing Nigel Hawthorne when he was due to win his Oscar in 95 was particularly callus.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Easy white chocolate-we would not want you to melt-I LOVE AND READ AND HAVE THE LAST EVER COPY OF SAID PAPER-IT MIGHT BE WORTH A FEW BOB IN YEARS TO COME AS I WILL PRESERVE IT,THE SPORT IS GOOD,NO THE BEST,ALL THE OTHER IDIOT'S WHO READ IT WILL DISCARD THEIR COPIES.

Not all the people who worked for them are bad-it's like closing Albion down due to Archer.

Do you really believe you are the only person who has thought of doing this? It will be worth f*** all.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
"a few rogue journalists"................................. hmmmmm - that is your view of course

I would agree with your apple tree analogy though. Especially when the tree is rotten!

Interesting comment, surprised lord b hasnt come down on you the way he did terrberry! Maybe you could elaborate ?

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Gutted about this really. It was the only paper worth reading on Sunday. Just have to wait until the revamped version appears, until then no newspaper will be purchased on a Sunday in this house.

Buy The Beano instead! :clap:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Do you really believe you are the only person who has thought of doing this? It will be worth f*** all.

You call me an idiot-why of course not,i'm not going to fall out but to really think i think and then post what i intend to do and think i would be the only one? amazing,it's nwaw-not worth a wank

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Also why did i need to know Ricky Hatton was snorting cocaine? Or Giggs was having it away with his brothers wife?
How would that sort of information benefit my understanding of the world?

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Also why did i need to know Ricky Hatton was snorting cocaine? Or Giggs was having it away with his brothers wife?
How would that sort of information benefit my understanding of the world?

On the days those stories were printed, i dont know if you realised, but if you went a few pages in there were actually other stories. I take it with your knowledge of theses stories that you read them? Funny that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here