Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

News Of The World- RIP

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
As CP Scott said ... "Comment is free, but facts are sacred".

You seem content to comment and make up the facts as you go along. I guess that's what years of reading the Murdoch press does for people.

What facts have i made up? Tell me 1

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Totally stitched up John Alford. He was an idiot but he wasn't a coke dealer. How that fake sheik prick got away with not being arrested for entrapment I dont know. Good riddance.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Good riddance.

I don't know if other countries have papers like NOTW but it's always been an invasion of privacy. If a Premier League footballer was caught snorting lines of coke off big busted blondes breasts orgies in five-star hotel rooms it never really came as much of a surprise. There'll be a replacement paper that'll be just as bad.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Some of you lot are very sad. I write a thread saying i will miss the NOTW and everyone jumps on their high horses and starts getting over excited. If reading it makes me a retard then so be it. But to slag me off for reading a paper is just pathetic. Grow up

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Oh dear. The "fact" that they are all hacking.

My apologies. There is one word in the above sentence that is more than four letters long.

I said do you think they are the only ones? Am i right in thinking you are a moderator on here?

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
And what do you read then Mr Perfect

I don't read any of them. Don't get me wrong, im sure there's one or two news articles in the NotW and one may even be true but i really find it very sad that people want to read made up gossip about people they don't know and are never likely to know (celebrities).

Quite frankly, if Ryan Giggs is shagging his father in law, so what....does it really have anything to do with us ? If Princess Di was shagging the butler, good luck to her and it's none of our business.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I said do you think they are the only ones? Am i right in thinking you are a moderator on here?

Well scroll down the page once in a while for certain facts-on the main page,that's before you plunge into the main board.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
With the utmost respect, i always found the people who buy this arse rag to be somewhat.....errrm, retarded.

who is that respectful towards exactly - 'retarded' people, or every single decent mentally sound person who has bought the news of the world.

its a f***ing newspaper. a pile of shit and morally bankrupt but so is a lot of the shit you see on telly or read in plenty of other papers.

part of this whole saga makes me proud of being british when you realise that people do have a moral line thats been crossed, then that pride is dented again when the snobs all come out the woodwork using it as a chance to put the boot into common thickos.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Does anyone seriously think that Murdoch would close the paper down so quickly if the malfeasance wasn't still ongoing?

Yes. Closing down a paper that is losing money (while still having the sister paper the sun to produce a replacement with), to hopefully save a deal for BskyB and all the money and influence a successful deal will give him. Not that I'm saying everyone is currently clean, just that it is entirely feasible he would act so quickly.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I don't read any of them. Don't get me wrong, im sure there's one or two news articles in the NotW and one may even be true but i really find it very sad that people want to read made up gossip about people they don't know and are never likely to know (celebrities).

Quite frankly, if Ryan Giggs is shagging his father in law, so what....does it really have anything to do with us ? If Princess Di was shagging the butler, good luck to her and it's none of our business.

FFS, all i said is i will miss it. Loved the footy pages and some of the stories they done. Especially being the only paper who exposed peodophiles and the good work they have done regarding Madelaine Mcann and Sarah Paine. You all quick to forget the good things they have done. To keep banging on about the Giggs story is bit sad.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
who is that respectful towards exactly - 'retarded' people, or every single decent mentally sound person who has bought the news of the world.

its a f***ing newspaper. a pile of shit and morally bankrupt but so is a lot of the shit you see on telly or read in plenty of other papers.

part of this whole saga makes me proud of being british when you realise that people do have a moral line thats been crossed, then that pride is dented again when the snobs all come out the woodwork using it as a chance to put the boot into common thickos.

This.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
a few rogue Journalists..........................................Every tree has bad apples ...... Presuming it an apple tree of course

"a few rogue journalists"................................. hmmmmm - that is your view of course

I would agree with your apple tree analogy though. Especially when the tree is rotten!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Some of you lot are very sad. I write a thread saying i will miss the NOTW and everyone jumps on their high horses and starts getting over excited. If reading it makes me a retard then so be it. But to slag me off for reading a paper is just pathetic. Grow up

Easy white chocolate-we would not want you to melt-I LOVE AND READ AND HAVE THE LAST EVER COPY OF SAID PAPER-IT MIGHT BE WORTH A FEW BOB IN YEARS TO COME AS I WILL PRESERVE IT,THE SPORT IS GOOD,NO THE BEST,ALL THE OTHER IDIOT'S WHO READ IT WILL DISCARD THEIR COPIES.

Not all the people who worked for them are bad-it's like closing Albion down due to Archer.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Well obviously I'm in the minority here but I thought the NOTW catered for everybody. It had its showbiz crap for the birds, it had its fair share of news for the people that want that kind of thing and it had the best sports section of all the papers for the blokes. What more could you want?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here