Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Player Signed

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
BHA Jordan said:

I appreciate you don't agree with my comments about him, and as I have said before I am not one to (or like to) moan, but can you seriously tell me that his signing shows ambition by the club, and do you seriously think it will strike fear into the other teams?

The most ambitious signings are not necessarily the best ones. Nobody would have called buying a young bloke from called Ward from Burton Albion ambitious, and had we not seen him on loan already, buying Zamora from Bristol Rovers' reserve team would have been seen as 'risky' at 100 grand, rather than ambitious.

As I've said, I'm not expecting this bloke to be the new Zamora, but unlike yourself and like 99% of the people on here, I've never set eyes on the guy, so I'm merely reserving judgement.

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
I see him as a replacement for Mcphee now that he is off the wage bill. He probably won't set the world alight but hopefully give us good value next season.

BensGrandad said:
The Non League paper said that Boston Utd offered £20,000 for him can we asume that we topped that offer.

Or matched it, the player obviously preferring a shot at League 1.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
BensGrandad said:
The Non League paper said that Boston Utd offered £20,000 for him can we asume that we topped that offer.
From what insider has said and various reports, he was out of contract so a settlement will be reached. Presumably they (Braintree) can't dictate how much it should be.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
BensGrandad said:
It would appear how ever you read it we paid some money for him he wasnt on a free.

There goes this years playing budget then :jester:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
That is a hell of a lot for a non league player

Not as much as two game (?) Geoff Pitcher at 40k. Waste of money by Adams, or was it Nobby Horton? lucky it wasn't MM ???

Never seemed to get a fair crack at breaking into the 1st team, must have fallen out with someone :lolol:

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I could see McPhee going there and getting that many goals. Very strange. I kinda get it in a way, MM obviously plans to get a better know target man and this guy is a gamble that may come off but I don't see that he is gonna be a better bet than McPhee.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Icy Gull said:
Not as much as two game (?) Geoff Pitcher at 40k. Waste of money by Adams, or was it Nobby Horton? lucky it wasn't MM ???

Never seemed to get a fair crack at breaking into the 1st team, must have fallen out with someone :lolol:

Least Pitcher was in the confrence.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Icy Gull said:

Plus - he was starting to play and then Adams left and Taylor brought in Lewis

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Les Biehn said:
I could see McPhee going there and getting that many goals. Very strange. I kinda get it in a way, MM obviously plans to get a better know target man and this guy is a gamble that may come off but I don't see that he is gonna be a better bet than McPhee.

I think he will be alot better than McPhee. McPhee was a fairly poor player and I think he would struggle to get more than 15 at that level.

face in the crowd

Jan 20, 2006
Les Biehn said:

I think the advantage Revell may have over McPhee is his height - I believe Revell is 6' 3". I have read a couple of reports on Revell saying he is mobile. One of McPhee's limitations is that he has no outstanding physical attribute - average height, average speed & average strength.

With height and mobility, Revell offers a different package to anything we already have.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
face in the crowd said:
I think the advantage Revell may have over McPhee is his height - I believe Revell is 6' 3". I have read a couple of reports on Revell saying he is mobile. One of McPhee's limitations is that he has no outstanding physical attribute - average height, average speed & average strength.

With height and mobility, Revell offers a different package to anything we already have.

JUST LOOKED AT HIS PIC ON SEAGULLS .CO.UK he looks a bit like crouch

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
face in the crowd said:

Should be interesting to see him in pre-season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMHO Turienzo and Sancho looked OK at Lewes but nothing special to indicate that they would be worth signing and we posibly signed the wrong one, but I am not so sure that Sancho is even Championship class as we were at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here