Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Player Signed

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Les Biehn said:
Stop boring us you bitter sour old bastard.

Thats not bad out of 4 descriptions of me, who you dont even know, you manage to get one right- old.

Just to explain to those like yourself who obviously cannot read or understand the written word most of the players we sign look good against non league opposition but are found wanting when it comes to playing in the league. Very few have been a success coming from non league in comparison to the numbers of players registered.

There are something like 1500 players registered with the Football League each season and above division 2 perhaps 10 have come straight from Non League to play.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
BensGrandad said:
Thats not bad out of 4 descriptions of me, who you dont even know, you manage to get one right- old.

Just to explain to those like yourself who obviously cannot read or understand the written word most of the players we sign look good against non league opposition but are found wanting when it comes to playing in the league. Very few have been a success coming from non league in comparison to the numbers of players registered.

There are something like 1500 players registered with the Football League each season and above division 2 perhaps 10 have come straight from Non League to play.

It is your constant negative gripping with the implied incompetence of the board/manager/team.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
BensGrandad said:

We aren't above Division 2, though.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
BensGrandad said:

He also got the 'bitter' bit correct as well.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Les Biehn said:
It is your constant negative gripping with the implied incompetence of the board/manager/team.

As supporters of a team that has just been relegated from the Championship to Division 1 and according to the Chief Executive has aspirations of going straight back to the Championship, should we not expect signings of a higher calibre than somebody who has failed in the league once. We are going to give him a second chance, which my well be proved to be the correct decision but it doen't inspire much confidence in either the board or the manager.

We can only hope that he is intended as a squad player and not the man on whom our hopes for 20+ goals are set.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
BensGrandad said:
I thought that we were in Div 1 did we miss that division out when we were relegated to save money.

We are in league 1. Division 1 is depending what era you are from either the premier league or the championship.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I noticed on Ask The Club Molango is expected back to pre season training. Wonder if he will have improved any whilst on loan. Another one who looked good against non league opposition.

Last edited:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
BensGrandad said:
Is not Div/League 2 the one between us and the conference.

That's what I'd call Div 4, before they buggered around with calling things different names.

Premiership - Div 1
Championship - Div 2
League One - Div 3
League Two - Div 4

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
BarrelofFun said:
60633.jpg

There he is....

looking at his considerable width around the midrift, and the strained look on his face I'd say he was racing Butters for the last sausage roll on the half time buffet :rolleyes:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Grendel said:
That's what I'd call Div 4, before they buggered around with calling things different names.

Premiership - Div 1
Championship - Div 2
League One - Div 3
League Two - Div 4

I was using the division titles as they are now not as they were or perhaps we should go back to Div 111 South and North so in that case we need to change my original post to how many players have come straight from non league and play higher than DIVISION FOUR I would estimate about 10.

How ever you say it and whatever terminology you use for the divisions the signing is not going to have us all placing bets on promotion.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
BensGrandad said:
As supporters of a team that has just been relegated from the Championship to Division 1 and according to the Chief Executive has aspirations of going straight back to the Championship, should we not expect signings of a higher calibre than somebody who has failed in the league once. We are going to give him a second chance, which my well be proved to be the correct decision but it doen't inspire much confidence in either the board or the manager.

We can only hope that he is intended as a squad player and not the man on whom our hopes for 20+ goals are set.

Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news for someone with your 'aren't the board shit' agenda but we still have over a month before the season starts so could well make a higher calibre signing.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
BensGrandad said:
I was using the division titles as they are now not as they were or perhaps we should go back to Div 111 South and NorthB]

I allway's thought that would be a good idea! Turn league 2 and the conference into a league 2 north and south. Surely it would create more finance from more local derby's for teams lower down the league. It would certainy cut down the costs of teams like Grimsby having to travel to places like Torquay and the return game.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
zefarelly said:
looking at his considerable width around the midrift, and the strained look on his face I'd say he was racing Butters for the last sausage roll on the half time buffet :rolleyes:

He looks a hell of a lot thinner on the club website picture that was taken last week compared to one that was taken 2 years ago.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Les Biehn said:
Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news for someone with your 'aren't the board shit' agenda but we still have over a month before the season starts so could well make a higher calibre signing.

Has anybody disputed that or suggested that we wont make more signings what I have said is that this one is not the signing that will make everybody rush out a place a bet on our promotion.

You will also read that I said I hope that he is regarded as a squad player and not the answer to out 20+ goals a season so like everybody alse I am hopeful of more signings and included in that a proven goalscorer.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
BensGrandad said:
Has anybody disputed that or suggested that we wont make more signings what I have said is that this one is not the signing that will make everybody rush out a place a bet on our promotion.

You will also read that I said I hope that he is regarded as a squad player and not the answer to out 20+ goals a season so like everybody alse I am hopeful of more signings and included in that a proven goalscorer.

But you never said that last bit before did you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here