Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Player Signed

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Westdene Seagull- You were right, I was wrong and will never doubt what you say again! What else does your source say?

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Sneaky George said:
Westdene Seagull- You were right, I was wrong and will never doubt what you say again!

:blush:

I try to only post stuff that I get from a relaible source !!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
so we fought off Boston ad Exeter for his signature.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Sneaky George said:
What else does your source say?

As soon as I hear anything NSC will be the first to know BUT you are assuming we are going to sign someone else !!!

Just to keep you going though, here's a titbit .... MM will be gone by the end of October. I was told this a couple of months ago by another source ( as yet an untested source ) but the info originated from an ex Albion manager !!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
brightonfan_86 said:
If we do sign him then what the hell? :nono:

He hasn't even put on the shirt yet and you are questioning his ability???

Give the guy a chance!

Theatre of Trees said:

Hmm, so if we turn the clock back to 1998 and the news just filtered through that we'd spent £1000 and given away a set of tracksuits for some unknown from Stansted we'd get the same reaction?

ps.
We signed Peter Ward from Burton Albion. Not saying he's up to that calibre but non-league can be a good hunting ground sometimes. Bissett and Codner came from Barnet. DJ Campbell went from Yeading to Brentford last year, Ian Wright from Greenwich Borough to Palarse at the age of 23 having been rejected elsewhere, including us.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Theatre of Trees said:
Hmm, so if we turn the clock back to 1998 and the news just filtered through that we'd spent £1000 and given away a set of tracksuits for some unknown from Stansted we'd get the same reaction?

ps.
We signed Peter Ward from Burton Albion. Not saying he's up to that calibre but non-league can be a good hunting ground sometimes. Bissett and Codner came from Barnet. DJ Campbell went from Yeading to Brentford last year, Ian Wright from Greenwich Borough to Palarse at the age of 23 having been rejected elsewhere, including us.

Yep, very true. I think if we signed someone for 1k and a tracksuit today then he would be written off before he started which appears to have already happened with Revell. Its sad really that we cant even give the bloke a chance before judging him.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
Theatre of Trees said:

ps.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
BHA Jordan said:
Revell has played league football before and didn't set the world on fire, Eastwood didn't until he played for Southend, and the two are light years apart in terms of playing ability

How do you know? Have you seen him play?

Yet again, people are criticising a signing before they've seen him kick a ball. Eastwood was a non-league signing, Phillips came out of Thurrock's team to Watford, Zamora had only played for Bath before we borrowed him. I'm NOT saying he's going to be as good as any of them, but nor do we yet know for certain that he isn't. Can we at least reserve judgement 'til we've seen him play? I know it's unorthodox but it may just be for the best.....

Last edited:

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
Herne Hill Seagull said:
How do you know? Have you seen him play?

Yet again, people are criticising a signing before they've seen him kick a ball. Eastwood was a non-league signing, Phillips came out of Thurrock's team to Watford, Zamora had only played for Bath before we borred him. I'm NOT saying he's going to be as good as any of them, but nor do we yet know for certain that he isn't. Can we at least reserve judgement 'til we've seen him play? I know it's unorthodox but it may just be for the best.....
Yes I have seen him play, many times in fact as used to work with a Cambridge season ticket holder and did go quite a few times.

He didn't impress me, and back then didn't impress any other club hence the drop through the leagues. He was young then so maybe as he has got older he has got better, we'll have to see but I'm not expecting to see him very often with CKR, Gatts, and Jake all ahead of him

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Theatre of Trees said:

ps.

True... but for every one of those there are probably 10's, 100's or 1,000's of failures who never made the grade in league footie...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Dies Irae said:
so we fought off Boston ad Exeter for his signature.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

and Tranmere and Brentford...

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
from the beeb(probary the same that is on the website but)

Brighton swoop for striker Revell
Brighton have signed prolific striker Alex Revell from Ryman League side Braintree Town on a one-year contract, with the option of a further 12 months.
The ex-Cambridge forward, 22, scored 36 goals last season and boss Mark McGhee said: "He's got a freshness about him.

"He's not the target man we're still pursuing but he's a good runner, mover and finisher. He's goal-hungry."

Revell added: "I went out of the League, got the taste back and now I want to train every day and improve."

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
B.W. said:
and Tranmere and Brentford...
And Chelsea and Inter Milan........

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Westdene Seagull said:
As soon as I hear anything NSC will be the first to know BUT you are assuming we are going to sign someone else !!!

Just to keep you going though, here's a titbit .... MM will be gone by the end of October. I was told this a couple of months ago by another source ( as yet an untested source ) but the info originated from an ex Albion manager !!!

Can we have a bit more meat on the bone please

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here