Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'New' NSC

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
At the very top, the tabs for PM Notifications, My Profile, Settings and the Log Out button overlap with, and are frequently half obscured by, the banner ads.

I know it's only a cosmetic thing and therefore of low importance, but I thought I'd mention it. :thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
At the very top, the tabs for PM Notifications, My Profile, Settings and the Log Out button overlap with, and are frequently half obscured by, the banner ads.

I know it's only a cosmetic thing and therefore of low importance, but I thought I'd mention it. :thumbsup:

I know - I played for sodding ages last night to try and get that not to happen but gave up in the end. We need the banner there for the income right now.

I'll get it sorted soon though.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Hi Bozza. It looks great. Thanks for giving up your time to sort out everything.

I've just noticed that the private profile page could do with a wee tinker.

Some of the text is in white and one can't see it very well. I have highlighted it.

Attachments

• Bozza.bmp
    854.2 KB · Views: 148

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hi Bozza. It looks great. Thanks for giving up your time to sort out everything.

I've just noticed that the private profile page could do with a wee tinker.

Some of the text is in white and one can't see it very well. I have highlighted it.

Yeah, spotted that earlier chap and had a quick look for it.

It may sound like I'm being lazy, but there are literally thousands of parameters of sizes and colours of things and some aren't very nicely named. Simply there's no obvious "colour of text on profile page" parameter that I can quickly set to black. I'll get there though.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
:blush: sorry. Not that I ever use the ads though

How do you know if you block them?

And, in all seriousness, why should I let you keep using NSC if this is your attitude? You cost the site money and are not prepared to give anything back.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Yeah, spotted that earlier chap and had a quick look for it.

It may sound like I'm being lazy, but there are literally thousands of parameters of sizes and colours of things and some aren't very nicely named. Simply there's no obvious "colour of text on profile page" parameter that I can quickly set to black. I'll get there though.
People can change that for themselves if they want to by using the "customise my profile" option on their profile page

member.php

Last edited:

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom

And, in all seriousness, why should I let you keep using NSC if this is your attitude? You cost the site money and are not prepared to give anything back.

Call me thick but how do I cost the site money? .
I just can't see the ads that is all.
Sorry if I've offended :( I haven't meant to.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Call me thick but how do I cost the site money? . I just can't see the ads that is all. Sorry if I've offended :( I haven't meant to.

Every click you make on NSC costs. Only a small amount but it costs. When you multiply that up by thousands of users and the current c3million monthly page views, NSC costs nearly £300 per month to run.

If literally every single user blocked the Google ad banner at the top of NSC, NSC would only earn the Amazon affiliate income which probably averages out at about £100 a month over the year.

I'm sure your maths skills are up to working out that would mean NSC losing £200 a month or £2400 per year. I'm not going to pay that out of my pocket so NSC would, in all likelihood not exist.

You've not offended me in the slightest, but I might well install a plugin that effectively makes the whole of NSC invisible to those who choose to not even see the single ad banner. Yes, that would work.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003

Yep, it's important everyone in the run up to xmas that you tell anyone buying you something or buying for someone else that you use the link from NSC. So if you send a wish list to anyone, send 'em a link to NSC too and ask them to purchase via here. Come on people, it's bloody easy thing to do :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here