Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] New Churchill Square vaccination centre opens today....and closes due to protesters

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
There are some seriously vile people in this thread. Imagine thinking spreading disinformation in the hope of harming others is acceptable. Too many here have either been doing that or condoning it.

So am I vile?

Matt Penfold

Banned
Aug 21, 2021
Agreed. It is pure malevolence dressed up as debate. In context it can be seen as a part of the global misinformation campaign designed to undermine society. The poster never responds to challenges with any specifics but rather attempts to probe on a different tack. The internet should not be a free for all and websites such as Facebook, Twitter and even NSC have a duty to prevent their platforms being used in this way. The poster should be banned.

It is known that there are companies being paid to spread false information about Covid. They are nearly all companies based in Russia, and whilst the source of their funding has not been identified I think it is pretty obvious a certain Government is behind it.

Those spreading this disinformation are unwittingly helping the Russian Government. Which makes them doubly foolish as they are doing for free what others are getting well paid to do.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If there was ever a time for a ban this is it.

Trolling and Covidiot lies of the highest order, backed up with no facts or links to scientific articles, but then I guess that would be too MSM...! Far better to believe Tracy on Facebook and a random person, with an agenda, on Twitter!

Clearly a second account of one of the bear pit lot, making a woeful attempt to get threads thrown down there.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Probably best to stop responding to the nitwit. He’s clearly starved of attention in real life, starve him here too. He’s trolling.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Seems you identify yourself as either spreading disinformation or condoning doing so, so yes.

I did not think you would admit to do those things so willingly.

Interesting, as many on here know I had to fully isolate for two years protecting my disabled wife, one of the first to thankfully get the vaccine. My whole family couldn’t wait to get jabbed. We can now lead a better life thanks to some very clever scientists..

Vile? Don’t think so.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Seems you identify yourself as either spreading disinformation or condoning doing so, so yes.

I did not think you would admit to do those things so willingly.

You are a bit too quick to draw others into the Ben Garfield wormhole. I haven’t seen anybody doing a similar disservice to the truth as that account. Piltdown Man is a decent poster with personal experience of facing these issues. HWT is a scientist and is merely giving his opinion. It is one backed by his expertise. Like a few others on here I do wonder whether you are a second account. The manner in which you attacked London Irish and insulted his parents was way over the top for someone without an axe to grind. In summary, it would be easier for people to understand where you are coming from if you showed the context of what I am sure is many thousands of previous posts. In the absence of this you will encounter suspicion even if doing the right thing as in exposing the fraudulent Ben Garfield account.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You are a bit too quick to draw others into the Ben Garfield wormhole. I haven’t seen anybody doing a similar disservice to the truth as that account. Piltdown Man is a decent poster with personal experience of facing these issues. HWT is a scientist and is merely giving his opinion. It is one backed by his expertise. Like a few others on here I do wonder whether you are a second account. The manner in which you attacked London Irish and insulted his parents was way over the top for someone without an axe to grind. In summary, it would be easier for people to understand where you are coming from if you showed the context of what I am sure is many thousands of previous posts. In the absence of this you will encounter suspicion even if doing the right thing as in exposing the fraudulent Ben Garfield account.

Here is the PM he sent me last night. I am more than happy to be dug out, but nobody needs this sort of shithousery so I reported it. The only other time I got a nasty PM was from Alfredmizen, late of this parish, in the guise of one of his disguises :shrug:

Edit - I see he's already been banned. Fancy that!

weirdo.PNG

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He has made a series of unconnected points that seem to have tangled everybody in knots, so he has succeeded in his aim of being a part of destabilizing society. In this case the claim was that Covid vaccines are not actually vaccines because they simply mitigate symptoms. I disagree that he is correct because the data shows significantly reduced levels of transmission in the vaccinated.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...-can-cut-household-transmission-by-up-to-half

There is much similar evidence available and yet his response is an airy ‘well, look at Israel and Scotland.’ Unsurprisingly this is not backed up by any actual data. The motivations of this poster are clear.

Apologies. I hadn't read the whole thread. Schoolboy error.

I am now the wiser :thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Here is the PM he sent me last night. I am more than happy to be dug out, but nobody needs this sort of shithousery so I reported it. The only other time I got a nasty PM was from Alfredmizen, late of this parish, in the guise of one of his disguises :shrug:

View attachment 140073

What a brief but strange presence on the board. Getting a bit carried away on the forum is one thing, PM's to specifically abuse another user is next level.
I am convinced it is one of our Brexity/right winger Pit dwellers who knew they would get banned for abusing people like that so decided to have a few days abusive "fun" as a different account before being banned without having to sacrifice their main account. Personally, I think that's mental.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What a brief but strange presence on the board. Getting a bit carried away on the forum is one thing, PM's to specifically abuse another user is next level.
I am convinced it is one of our Brexity/right winger Pit dwellers who knew they would get banned for abusing people like that so decided to have a few days abusive "fun" as a different account before being banned without having to sacrifice their main account. Personally, I think that's mental.

It’s sad Clampy. Also he managed to pick on the wrong people.

I often don’t agree with you but it doesn’t mean I need to insult you, though you are a mad leftie thnder**** :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

View attachment 140073

There should be greater consequence for such behaviour. His main account should also be deleted.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well this is fun..........

The account "Matt Penfold" will not be returning. There is no evidence of it being a second account. If such evidence arises the mods will look at it. If you have such evidence please report a post and don't carry on the binfest on a thread.

Back to vaccines please, and politely. The VAST majority of people in the UK reasonably accept vaccination works but also that it is a choice. In a way, defending them so aggressively plays right into the hands of the anti-vaxxers.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Well this is fun..........

The account "Matt Penfold" will not be returning. There is no evidence of it being a second account. If such evidence arises the mods will look at it. If you have such evidence please report a post and don't carry on the binfest on a thread.

Back to vaccines please, and politely. The VAST majority of people in the UK reasonably accept vaccination works but also that it is a choice. In a way, defending them so aggressively plays right into the hands of the anti-vaxxers.

Defending vaccines is back to vaccines. The Penfold character was a blip on the thread really and he wasn’t anti vaxx. Quite the reverse. The interesting issue is how best to respond to the conspiracy theory accounts such as Ben Garfield. I think he wants to leave his stream of distortions on the internet unchallenged so as to recruit the unwary. How else to interpret his jumping from lie to lie ? As each is answered he moves on to another one. There comes a point when you have to ask yourself is this character using the platform to nefarious ends rather than seeking genuine debate ? He could have had such debate in the Covid sub forum but instead chose to subvert a thread on the closing of the Churchill Square vaccination centre. Presumably a pretext to air all the usual conspiracies to a wider audience.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Defending vaccines is back to vaccines. The Penfold character was a blip on the thread really and he wasn’t anti vaxx. Quite the reverse. The interesting issue is how best to respond to the conspiracy theory accounts such as Ben Garfield. I think he wants to leave his stream of distortions on the internet unchallenged so as to recruit the unwary. How else to interpret his jumping from lie to lie ? As each is answered he moves on to another one. There comes a point when you have to ask yourself is this character using the platform to nefarious ends rather than seeking genuine debate ? He could have had such debate in the Covid sub forum but instead chose to subvert a thread on the closing of the Churchill Square vaccination centre. Presumably a pretext to air all the usual conspiracies to a wider audience.

It's an interesting and ongoing debate.

All I'm pointing out here is that abusing him is counter productive.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Who do you think it is Clamp? Come in spill the beans [emoji23][emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here