Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] New Churchill Square vaccination centre opens today....and closes due to protesters

August West

Jul 30, 2013
598A4BC8-4ACC-473C-A6E1-7D26F3DD183F.png

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Both are taking great care, one it's her third child so has two just going back to school, the other is a teacher and it's her first, she is doing daily lateral flow tests. As she is special needs teacher she is only meeting a few children at a time. Still an obvious risk though.

I should add due to my wife's condition we have only seen our daughters twice in two years both times at a distance.

Good good. Worth noting those lateral flows are ... shall we say, unreliable at best? If they do show a positive, then it's very rare for it to be a false positive. But false negatives are very common - the last stats I saw was the lateral flows only pick up around 60% of cases, and from memory that was under conditions where the tests were done under lab conditions and the expected real-world situation is worse (because the average person doing the tests is more likely to not use the swab correctly). I know of several cases where negative lateral flows were followed by same-day positive PCR results.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The one with his paratrooper's beret is there again. He was involved with trying to get into Shepherds Bush

[tweet]1433767310356013089[/tweet]

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Any footage yet of a big bloke going along for his vaccination appointment and being confronted by some of these social media warriors that live their entire life through their shitty phone apps? Would be fun to see :lolol:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Any footage yet of a big bloke going along for his vaccination appointment and being confronted by some of these social media warriors that live their entire life through their shitty phone apps? Would be fun to see :lolol:

Absolutely this ^
Was wishing I needed another jab

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why the mall? Did they protest the BC at all. They’ve been pumping an unsuspecting public full of alien sex hormones and Windows 14 for the thick end of a year.
Maybe these nitwits only notice things when they’re near McDonalds or a Hollister?

Easier target in the midst of shoppers and a shopping centre. The BC is easily protected by barriers, lots of experience at party conferences.

Plus the idiots are working themselves up into a stupor over vaccinations for under 18’s, making it their latest cause celebre. Before this, they were obsessed with challenging lockdowns and mask wearing.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i cant understand what their objective is, what they seek to achieve? :nono:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Was up in south Ken this afternoon , all kicking off there with the anti vaxx mob & the police . A small number of idiotic mob protesters causing trouble .

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
i cant understand what their objective is, what they seek to achieve? :nono:

These days with social media it's very easy to mobilise a protest. I've no doubt that all these people believe in the cause and if you asked them at this point they'd probably say they want to stop it being approved for children. Ultimately though with all these protests, even the bigger ones like XR and BLM, I'm sure there's a hobby element going on that's not too different from us going to footy - meet up, make a load of noise, unite against a common enemy and maybe have a tear up of that floats your boat. They very rarely change anything.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Division. Everyone is divided on politics, racism, old, young, male female; all distractions whilst the corruption continues.
Dead cats everywhere.

I don’t really buy this argument. I hear it all the time now, especially on LBC. The power of the internet is that people are converting each other to strange causes. Politicians seem powerless and irrelevant in a lot of cases. There may or may not be corruption but correlation with what’s going on online seems to me to be non existent.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
A load of the ignorant idiots by Preston park today. Severe lack of brain cells between the lot of them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don’t really buy this argument. I hear it all the time now, especially on LBC. The power of the internet is that people are converting each other to strange causes. Politicians seem powerless and irrelevant in a lot of cases. There may or may not be corruption but correlation with what’s going on online seems to me to be non existent.

There’s always the stirrers getting others to join them, uniting in a common cause. Agents provocateurs. They know how to trigger people.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Was up in south Ken this afternoon , all kicking off there with the anti vaxx mob & the police . A small number of idiotic mob protesters causing trouble .

How times have changed. Once upon a time I was outraged by brutal police force used against peaceful demonstrators - now I just want them to get the batons and the horses out and go in hard!*

*This does not apply to US police, who just hate n*****s and want to kill them. I don't approve of that.

Maybe it's an age thing. Come to think of it, there are still some protests that I support - I'll just have to be selective in my support for baton charges then!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here