Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] New Churchill Square vaccination centre opens today....and closes due to protesters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So you think there is no need to call out dishonesty and the spreading of false information. Why is that?

Because I am a Russian sleeper, intent on undermining the so-called Western Democracy with false information and.....

Bugger. Cover blown.

I'll get my уша́нка :facepalm:

Now **** off to bed you ludicrous arriviste tit :thumbsup:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
He's right. Reduce the viral load by prompter immune response, lessons symptoms, ,ay lesson spreadability.

In the case of flu it's vaccine stops it completely. Covid, different.

I once thought as you do but I was wrong. :thumbsup:

shirley reducing the viral load is the first action, the reduction of symptoms is a secondary? especially with a virus known for asymptomatic infection. more to the point Covid vaccines are doing what all other vaccines do, not something special.

i see your correction... thats not a minor correction, its core to the posters position, keep quoting "vaccine" as if it is something different.

Matt Penfold

Banned
Aug 21, 2021
shirley reducing the viral load is the first action, the reduction of symptoms is a secondary? especially with a virus known for asymptomatic infection. more to the point the vaccine is doing what all other vaccines do, not something special.

You are correct. This is basic science, but seemingly beyond some to understand.

If you reduce the opportunity for a virus to reproduce within a host, you reduce the risk of the infection causing serious symptoms, and because the risk of infecting other is directly related to viral load, of passing it on to others.

The mRNA vaccines differ only in the mechanism by which they trigger an immune response, not in the result of the immune response. With mRNA vaccines the cell's ability to build proteins from RNA is made use of (the mRNA never enters the nucleus of the cell so cannot in way alter DNA) in order to produce sufficient spike protein fragments to trigger a response, whereas with vaccines like the Oxford vaccine the vaccine contains the spike protein fragments. The advantage of the mRNA technique is that it does not require the careful culturing of the spike protein fragments, which is time consuming and difficult.

Last edited:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I love NSC.... sometimes it takes you to an alternative reality. I'm reading cartoon characters Penfold (the hamster from Dangermouse) arguing with Garfield the cat.
Between the two of them they've commented less on football than I have!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Well you are just a rude ****. Have you tried not being such an ********?

You may need to perhaps take a rain check. HWT is a good man, also he knows a lot more about medicines than most will ever know.

His just a tad nutty, a fruit cake and batshit mental sometimes :mad:

Matt Penfold

Banned
Aug 21, 2021
You may need to perhaps take a rain check. HWT is a good man, also he knows a lot more about medicines than most will ever know.

His just a tad nutty, a fruit cake and batshit mental sometimes :mad:

Good people do not condone the spreading of false information. If he is, as you say, a good man, let him prove it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Good people do not condone the spreading of false information. If he is, as you say, a good man, let him prove it.

He's proved it many times on here, he lectures at universities, hospitals, spent a lifetime developing new drug treatments and so on.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Im definitely not much of a speller thats for sure.

This is enough for me to put you ignore. You have demonstrably shown that you're not very bright in your posts on this topic and here we have yet another connection between illiteracy and posting utter bollox on the internet. Just a little bit of advice......If you want to debate people on this topic and not come off as a chimpanzee bashing on a keyboard, you should be a little bit more concerned about your spelling deficiencies.

Anyway, up to 57 now on the ignore list. Need to keep my nose in front, can't have HWT overtaking me now. ;)

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Very interesting piece in the New York Times about the anti-vaccine movement in the States. In the last 6-7 years, since the measles outbreak in 2014, the movement has really grown in size and power with many wealthy and influential backers. As the article says they now have a unique moment in time to exploit a global situation and educate (spread misinformation to) the masses. I remember a very heated discussion in the office between two Mums about letting their kids or refusing their kids the measles vaccine. This whole movement is now very well organized and politically savvy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/31/opinion/anti-vaccine-movement.html

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
He's right. Reduce the viral load by prompter immune response, lessons symptoms, ,ay lesson spreadability.

In the case of flu it's vaccine stops it completely. Covid, different.

I once thought as you do but I was wrong. :thumbsup:

He has made a series of unconnected points that seem to have tangled everybody in knots, so he has succeeded in his aim of being a part of destabilizing society. In this case the claim was that Covid vaccines are not actually vaccines because they simply mitigate symptoms. I disagree that he is correct because the data shows significantly reduced levels of transmission in the vaccinated.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...-can-cut-household-transmission-by-up-to-half

There is much similar evidence available and yet his response is an airy ‘well, look at Israel and Scotland.’ Unsurprisingly this is not backed up by any actual data. The motivations of this poster are clear.

Matt Penfold

Banned
Aug 21, 2021
He's proved it many times on here, he lectures at universities, hospitals, spent a lifetime developing new drug treatments and so on.

I am not going to take your word for it. Show me where he apologised. If, as you claim he is a decent person, he will have done so.

Or maybe try not lying to me.

Matt Penfold

Banned
Aug 21, 2021
There are some seriously vile people in this thread. Imagine thinking spreading disinformation in the hope of harming others is acceptable. Too many here have either been doing that or condoning it.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
If there was ever a time for a ban this is it.

Trolling and Covidiot lies of the highest order, backed up with no facts or links to scientific articles, but then I guess that would be too MSM...! Far better to believe Tracy on Facebook and a random person, with an agenda, on Twitter!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
If there was ever a time for a ban this is it.

Trolling and Covidiot lies of the highest order, backed up with no facts or links to scientific articles, but then I guess that would be too MSM...! Far better to believe Tracy on Facebook and a random person, with an agenda, on Twitter!

Agreed. It is pure malevolence dressed up as debate. In context it can be seen as a part of the global misinformation campaign designed to undermine society. The poster never responds to challenges with any specifics but rather attempts to probe on a different tack. The internet should not be a free for all and websites such as Facebook, Twitter and even NSC have a duty to prevent their platforms being used in this way. The poster should be banned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here