Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] New Churchill Square vaccination centre opens today....and closes due to protesters

Matt Penfold

Banned
Aug 21, 2021
The MRNA vaccines are not designed to prevent transmission. They are to alleviate the symptoms of severe disease. If you believe in asymptomatic transmission, the justification for the use of masks, then it would make no difference whether the care worker was vaccinated or unvaccinated. In fact you could argue that the vaccinated people are more dangerous because they dont display symptoms so easily so could come into work ill. Triple vaxed people have been infecting each other in great numbers in highly vaxed coutries such as Iceland, and Israel for example.

Why did you think saying something untrue like this would go unnoticed?

Why have you not read the papers, such as the one I cite below, that show a reduction in transmission by those vaccinated?

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.03.11.21253275v1

Last edited:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

BenGarfield

Feb 22, 2019
crawley
Why did you think saying something untrue like this would go unnoticed?

Why have you not read the papers, such as the one I cite below, that show a reduction in transmission by those vaccinated?

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.03.11.21253275v1

I said that the main purpose of the mrna "vaccines" was as a medical treatment to mitigate some of the worst symptoms in the vulnerable. At inception the manufacturers admitted this. No I havent read the paper you put forward yet but i dont deny that they may in some situations prevent transmission. However, recent data from Scotland Israel, and Iceland would suggest otherwise. This an area of scientific debate. Its incredible how cross people are getting when someone expresses a different view.

Matt Penfold

Banned
Aug 21, 2021
I said that the main purpose of the mrna "vaccines" was as a medical treatment to mitigate some of the worst symptoms in the vulnerable. At inception the manufacturers admitted this. No I havent read the paper you put forward yet but i dont deny that they may in some situations prevent transmission. However, recent data from Scotland Israel, and Iceland would suggest otherwise. This an area of scientific debate. Its incredible how cross people are getting when someone expresses a different view.

OK then, cite the papers you have read that you think support you. You cannot just assert "recent data from Scotland Israel, and Iceland would suggest otherwise". Show it does, using either papers authored by others, or using your own published research.

Maybe you could also tell us your qualifications and experience in immunology as you seem to be in a minority in thinking vaccines are not reducing transmission, so it would help us to know if you really are in a position to form a considered opinion. What makes you more of an expert than those cited by, for example, the CDC?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

We are cross because you are wrong … very very wrong.
The purpose of a vaccine is to prevent transmission, hence why they are called vaccines. The COVID vaccine has the added benefit of T cells to fight the infection if caught. This is an added benefit and not the primary benefit.

You sir are talking rubbish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

You are not expressing a different view. You have posted quite a number of outright falsehoods this afternoon and evening. All of these lies have been refuted by various other posters. You are clearly a part of a misinformation campaign and as such are a malevolent voice on this forum.

BenGarfield

Feb 22, 2019
crawley
We are cross because you are wrong … very very wrong.
The purpose of a vaccine is to prevent transmission, hence why they are called vaccines. The COVID vaccine has the added benefit of T cells to fight the infection if caught. This is an added benefit and not the primary benefit.

You sir are talking rubbish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes the purpose of a conventional vaccine is to do this. These new MRNA vaccines dont work in the same way, however, and thats why i usually put "vaccine" in quotes. I`m not sure about the production of T cells from the "vaccine". Some scientist argue that the immunity from reinfection may not be as strong for the vaccinated as compared to those who`ve actually been infected with the SARS-COV 2 virus. As I understand it the "vaccine" is designed to make the body react to the one part of the SARS-COv2 virus, the spike protein. As part of the MRNA gene therapy process involved in these jabs, the body replicates the protein spike and induces an immune response to it. Some scientists further argue that those who have had the disease will have a stronger immunity to reinfection than those who have just had the "vaccine", as the real infection will produce an immune response to the whole virus rather than just the spike protein. After speaking to a consultant in respiratory infections recently I think the jury is still out on how long the posible T cell response to the infection will last. If vaccine passports become the rule then I think if it can be shown that individuals have evidence of T cells against SARS-COv2 then that should count as much as having had the jabs.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

No. It isn't.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You are not expressing a different view. You have posted quite a number of outright falsehoods this afternoon and evening. All of these lies have been refuted by various other posters. You are clearly a part of a misinformation campaign and as such are a malevolent voice on this forum.

It's a funny old place, this NSC isn't it. Perhapos that's why we love it?

If I come on here and reply to a post and point out that I'm well educated (with the degrees and other qualifications to prove it) and intelligent (I have the IQ test results to prove it it), that's OK. Probably a few snide remarks for being a tad uppish - OK, more than a tad uppish! I can say I'm politically left of centre - by quite a bit. Can't prove that - ballots are secret, but probably MI5 could get a pretty accuraye picture of my voting habits if they tried ..... or could they? ..................... hmmm.
Then I could go on to say I'm proud and happy to be British and proud and happy to be English ......... NSC at this point takes a sharp intake of breath, this is verging on dangerous territory ..... and then I say - wait for it - take a deep breath - I voted Brexit, and I'm happy about it.

Thread in the bearpit before the first five replies ....... wham! Just like that!

Yet some dangerous idiots are allowed to pour out their dangerous bile and injustified putrid ding-bat ideas, oblivious to the number of deaths their idiot ideas would cause if ever embraced by more than their looney friends - and yet they're still here, spreading poison, or trying too. Admittedly, they're being told one way or another, to f*ck off - but as far as pond-life like this is concerned, he is being given a precious platform. Five more mosts ridiculing and mocking him, great - then shove the c**t into the bear pit and leave him there.
Thank you. Rant over!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If you want to go on holiday to some parts of the world you may be forced to have a vaccination of one kind or another, and have the certificate(s) to prove it. Of course, nobody is forced to have the vaccination - they just won't let you in. This doesn't affect your freedom of choice - you are free to choose not to go on holiday anywhere you choose.

And of course, if you are visiting some parts of the world, there are diseases you'd be bloody stupid not to get vaccinated against! Yellow fever - what a laugh! Rabies? - why, that might even get anti-vaxxers frothing at the mouth!

First time I went to Brazil, 30 years ago, HMG made me (well I could have pretended) take a course of rather unpleasant meds to ward off malaria and that. But some people just can't be told :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's a funny old place, this NSC isn't it. Perhapos that's why we love it?

If I come on here and reply to a post and point out that I'm well educated (with the degrees and other qualifications to prove it) and intelligent (I have the IQ test results to prove it it), that's OK. Probably a few snide remarks for being a tad uppish - OK, more than a tad uppish! I can say I'm politically left of centre - by quite a bit. Can't prove that - ballots are secret, but probably MI5 could get a pretty accuraye picture of my voting habits if they tried ..... or could they? ..................... hmmm.
Then I could go on to say I'm proud and happy to be British and proud and happy to be English ......... NSC at this point takes a sharp intake of breath, this is verging on dangerous territory ..... and then I say - wait for it - take a deep breath - I voted Brexit, and I'm happy about it.

Thread in the bearpit before the first five replies ....... wham! Just like that!

Yet some dangerous idiots are allowed to pour out their dangerous bile and injustified putrid ding-bat ideas, oblivious to the number of deaths their idiot ideas would cause if ever embraced by more than their looney friends and they're still here, spreading poison, or trying too. Admittedly, they're being told one way or another, to f*ck off - but as far as pond-life like this is concerned, he is being given a precious platform. Five more mosts ridiculing and mocking him, great - then shove the c**t into the bear pit and leave him there.
Thank you. Rant over!

Both you and [MENTION=34242]Neville's Breakfast[/MENTION] are thoughtful brain-led characters. Slight difference in nuance, though, which doesn't always passage the tone-free medium of typing correspondence. In the pub this is clarified in seconds. Given time to type.....

And I say that as someone who can pick a death-match with himself in the mirror given silence and 5 spare minutes :lolol: :thumbsup:

BenGarfield

Feb 22, 2019
crawley
No you didn't you said:

And that is simply not true.

I didnt say they didnt help reduce transmission, and that some subsequent evidence may suggest that they do, but there main purpose originally was to mitigate the symptoms of COVID not to act as a vaccine per se. They have of course now been used in this role to various degrees of effectiveness.

Matt Penfold

Banned
Aug 21, 2021
Yes the purpose of a conventional vaccine is to do this. These new MRNA vaccines dont work in the same way, however, and thats why i usually put "vaccine" in quotes. I`m not sure about the production of T cells from the "vaccine". Some scientist argue that the immunity from reinfection may not be as strong for the vaccinated as compared to those who`ve actually been infected with the SARS-COV 2 virus. As I understand it the "vaccine" is designed to make the body react to the one part of the SARS-COv2 virus, the spike protein. As part of the MRNA gene therapy process involved in these jabs, the body replicates the protein spike and induces an immune response to it. Some scientists further argue that those who have had the disease will have a stronger immunity to reinfection than those who have just had the "vaccine", as the real infection will produce an immune response to the whole virus rather than just the spike protein. After speaking to a consultant in respiratory infections recently I think the jury is still out on how long the posible T cell response to the infection will last. If vaccine passports become the rule then I think if it can be shown that individuals have evidence of T cells against SARS-COv2 then that should count as much as having had the jabs.

As you understand it is wrong. You should be aware of that by now. You are just ignorant and arrogant, and intent on spreading false information. That is why people are cross with you. You are spreading false information, deliberately. You are acting in a way that causes harm, so it is no surprise people think you vile.

You list your location as Moscow. I don’t know if that is indeed where you live, but you are certainly doing Putin’s bidding.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I didnt say they didnt help reduce transmission, and that some subsequent evidence may suggest that they do, but there main purpose originally was to mitigate the symptoms of COVID not to act as a vaccine per se. They have of course now been used in this role to various degrees of effectiveness.

not sure where you got this odd little idea from. vaccines purpose is to prime the immune system to recognise the virus and prevent infection. there's no "mitigate the symptoms", as the technology isnt so advanced to detect and alter symptoms. thats a consequence of preventing infection.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As you understand it is wrong. You should be aware of that by now. You are just ignorant and arrogant, and intent on spreading false information. That is why people are cross with you. You are spreading false information, deliberately. You are acting in a way that causes harm, so it is no surprise people think you vile.

You list your location as Moscow. I don’t know if that is indeed where you live, but you are certainly doing Putin’s bidding.

Was there any need for that? ???

(No. No there wasn't)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
not sure where you got this odd little idea from. vaccines purpose is to prime the immune system to recognise the virus and prevent infection. there's no "mitigate the symptoms", as the technology isnt so advanced detect and alter symptoms. thats a consequence of preventing infection.

He's right. Reduce the viral load by prompter immune response, lessons symptoms, ,ay lesson spreadability.

In the case of flu it's vaccine stops it completely. Covid, different.

I once thought as you do but I was wrong. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I didnt say they didnt help reduce transmission, and that some subsequent evidence may suggest that they do, but there main purpose originally was to mitigate the symptoms of COVID not to act as a preventive per se. They have of course now been used in this role to various degrees of effectiveness.

Minor correction there....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here