Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathaniel Clyne set to leave

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
As for players not fighting to join us, I'd advise you to look at Jose Baxter from Everton. He has currently got many clubs interested in him, including Premiership ones, and yet he's desperate to sign for us.

Premiership ones? Really?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Unless they have forgotten that they are four very successful businessmen, I'd imagine they're quite confident that we won't get f***ed over at a tribunal :)

Tribunal's are normally generous with addons like international appearances and sell-on fees. If we can get a good sell-on fee then it'll be worth a great deal of money. Southampton will probably sell Clyne in a year or two and they'd be unfortunate if they got less than £10m.

But my point is, you're saying "they want £4m" like that means anything at all. It doesn't. It's a tribunal.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Are you serious? That was obviously a joke. He even said in brackets afterwards that he wasn't being at all serious A bit precious, are we?

Not precious at all, merely pointing out that he has no class at all.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The last three signings of foreign players have been Jedinak, Parr and KG. KG is talented but he loves his cake. Jedinak and Parr are fantastic players and we wouldn't be able to afford players of similar ability if they were English.

They're probably not "fantastic", are they? They're probably good-to-mediocre Championship players, if you look at the evidence of last season. If everything you said about your players was true, there is no way on earth you'd have finished 17th last season. But you did.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Dougie has a list of at least 6 players he wants to sign for every position on the pitch. When it comes to transfers he does his homework very well.

We will sign a striker, a midfielder and a center back if Dougie still wants them. They might be from England, they might be playing in the Belgian third division, who knows - but they'll be worth signing if Dougie is interested.

As for players not fighting to join us, I'd advise you to look at Jose Baxter from Everton. He has currently got many clubs interested in him, including Premiership ones, and yet he's desperate to sign for us.

REALLY?!?! You are on a different scale to the normal delusional palace posters on here, you really are! I agree a player would have to be desperate to sign for Palace but I'm sure you were saying the same about McCormack and he still hasnt signed, I guess he is so desperate and excited to sign he can't stop his hand form shaking when he holds the pen? I've never even heard of this no-mark Baxter and imagine not many have, please at least show some realism when you post on here.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Where this quote where he said the word desperate? Also, to be fair, at his age he probably wants a game, and knows he'll get one at Selhurst.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Dougie has a list of at least 6 players he wants to sign for every position on the pitch. When it comes to transfers he does his homework very well.

We will sign a striker, a midfielder and a center back if Dougie still wants them. They might be from England, they might be playing in the Belgian third division, who knows - but they'll be worth signing if Dougie is interested.

Are you 12? So he is DESPERATE to join a club with an old stadium and dwindling gates who finished 17th in The Championship last season is he? To me that says you are offering silly money (Admin 3 anyone?) or he has no ambition whatsoever.

My guess is the former.

I still love reading posts from Palace fans (mainly Seaside) banging on about their millions of pounds worth of players, billionaire owners, and top young manager when they finished 20th, 19th and 17th in the last three seasons!

Great stuff.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Where this quote where he said the word desperate? Also, to be fair, at his age he probably wants a game, and knows he'll get one at Selhurst.

"For those asking I am not an Everton or a Crystal Palace player, but I'd love to be as they are a great club with a great future"

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not precious at all, merely pointing out that he has no class at all.

Agreed. Not offended by it whatsoever, it's just really, really scabby and tinpot.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
"For those asking I am not an Everton or a Crystal Palace player, but I'd love to be as they are a great club with a great future"

So, not desperate then. "Great club with great future" is the sort of thing every player signing for a new club, even on loan, says.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Baxter is trouble and has a badboy reputation according to my Everton mate, if he could be bothered he might be good but he cant.

And apparently he turned up to the Lewes game about a stone overweight. He sounds DESPERATE to join Palace so desperate he couldnt be bothered as a professional athlete to stay in shape or get in shape.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
But my point is, you're saying "they want £4m" like that means anything at all. It doesn't. It's a tribunal.

CPFC2010 - "We feel that the tribubal would decide a fee closer to our valuation than theirs so that is up to them."

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He said he'd love to be a Palace player.

Fair enough, I'll allow you this one tiny victory. A fat kid who gets into trouble wants to sign for you. Whoop de doo.

Your side has weakened considerably whilst we've signed 3 Champions League players to bolster ours significantly. I don't think your lot are quite ready to be looking at the playoffs just yet, somehow.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
CPFC2010 - "We feel that the tribubal would decide a fee closer to our valuation than theirs so that is up to them."

Why don't they just say he's worth £10m then?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

So a fat kid with a bad temperament and no current club is saying positive things about CPFC. Exciting stuff.

I imagine if I was out of work I'd speak well of a possible new employer too.

You're right on one thing though - "desperate" describes this quite well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here