Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathaniel Clyne set to leave

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As for "being linked with" DK used to do that all the time to keep fans spirits up, while fighting for our very existence. Hardly likely to say we are doomed.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
We've just got circa £2m (some say £2.2m) for our out of contract right back, I shall stick to crowing.

I hope this is alright, I didn't realise I had to declare my style prior to each post I made. Sh*t, that's sarcasm isn't it? Bollocks, do accept my apologies.

Just a little advice. I would suggest you hold back on the 'crowing' for a couple of weeks yet. Oh........and give this good news re the £2.2m, to your CPFC2010 chappie. He seems to be under the impression it's going to a tribunal to decide the fee.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Come out and said (quite unprofessionally) that the fee offered by Southampton was pathetic and therefore it's going to tribunal. They'll get 1 million tops and it'll take 4 weeks, and with no decision re Moses going to Chelsea, and with the rubbish fee they got for Ambrose there's no money to make signings.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Come out and said (quite unprofessionally) that the fee offered by Southampton was pathetic and therefore it's going to tribunal. They'll get 1 million tops and it'll take 4 weeks, and with no decision re Moses going to Chelsea, and with the rubbish fee they got for Ambrose there's no money to make signings.

Everything about CPFC2010 is unprofessional and crass. One of the directors called us scum on a public forum (no excuses like "they're fans, just like us"), called somebody a twat on twitter-real class. Thank goodness for Tony Bloom who shows restraint at all times, except when spending his money on The Albion.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Everything about CPFC2010 is unprofessional and crass. One of the directors called us scum on a public forum (no excuses like "they're fans, just like us"), called somebody a twat on twitter-real class. Thank goodness for Tony Bloom who shows restraint at all times, except when spending his money on The Albion.

Are you serious? That was obviously a joke. He even said in brackets afterwards that he wasn't being at all serious A bit precious, are we?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Assuming that the director's comment is the same one there was a thread about on here a while back, it was a nothing comment, it is an embarrassment that our fans are so precious about it.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

Simply untrue. According to the Daily Mail Sport, we want £4m for Clyne. Moses will probably go to Chelsea, but it doesn't really matter either way. It's not like we've budgeted for it.

Dougie (without incoming transfer funds) has "a budget fit for a play-off team" according to CPFC2010.

To suggest that there is no money available for signings is ludicrous.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
So what happened to this 2.5m deal for Clynne you'd all have us believe happened :facepalm:

Apparently we rejected it. It's not my info as I said, it's just from an "in the know" source on the BBS that CPFC2010 have said is accurate.

As said, the press is reporting that we want £4m for Clyne as Dougie feels he's one of the best young defenders in the country.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Simply untrue. According to the Daily Mail Sport, we want £4m for Clyne. Moses will probably go to Chelsea, but it doesn't really matter either way. It's not like we've budgeted for it.

Dougie (without incoming transfer funds) has "a budget fit for a play-off team" according to CPFC2010.

To suggest that there is no money available for signings is ludicrous.

Fit for a play off team? You're going to have to make some signings to make your shower of shite for for the playoffs.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Apparently we rejected it. It's not my info as I said, it's just from an "in the know" source on the BBS that CPFC2010 have said is accurate.

As said, the press is reporting that we want £4m for Clyne as Dougie feels he's one of the best young defenders in the country.

Well wait in anticipation for all your 1m signings then :laugh:

But we know in reality you'll end up singing a couple of players with caps for Algeria and Montenegro, praise them as the best players in the league before realising they are cart horses like KG :laugh: .

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Fit for a play off team? You're going to have to make some signings to make your shower of shite for for the playoffs.

We currently have bids in for 3 players according to Steve Parish. It's not like the squad we have now is that squad we'll have at the start of the season, is it?

We're bringing in another striker, another midfielder and another center-back. If the forward is McCormack and midfielder is Baxter as seems likely, I'll be very happy. We'll know more as we get closer to the start of the season, but keeping Wilf was the main thing this summer and we've done that! :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

It's going to a TRIBUNAL, so it doesn't matter "what you want". You can "want" £10m. Doesn't mean you'll get any more than £1.5m.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
But we know in reality you'll end up singing a couple of players with caps for Algeria and Montenegro, praise them as the best players in the league before realising they are cart horses like KG :laugh: .

The last three signings of foreign players have been Jedinak, Parr and KG. KG is talented but he loves his cake. Jedinak and Parr are fantastic players and we wouldn't be able to afford players of similar ability if they were English.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
It's going to a TRIBUNAL, so it doesn't matter "what you want". You can "want" £10m. Doesn't mean you'll get any more than £1.5m.

Unless they have forgotten that they are four very successful businessmen, I'd imagine they're quite confident that we won't get f***ed over at a tribunal :)

Tribunal's are normally generous with addons like international appearances and sell-on fees. If we can get a good sell-on fee then it'll be worth a great deal of money. Southampton will probably sell Clyne in a year or two and they'd be unfortunate if they got less than £10m.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We're bringing in another striker, another midfielder and another center-back.

No...you're HOPING to. Like we're HOPING to bring in yet another quality midfielder and striker. Doesn't mean it'll happen. I don't see players exactly fighting amongst themselves to sign for you lot.

Also, budget "fit for playoffs", you are aware that in the Championship, at least 12-14 will at least have aspirations of making the playoffs or more, right? That's all that that statement suggests.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
No...you're HOPING to. Like we're HOPING to bring in yet another quality midfielder and striker. Doesn't mean it'll happen. I don't see players exactly fighting amongst themselves to sign for you lot.

Also, budget "fit for playoffs", you are aware that in the Championship, at least 12-14 will at least have aspirations of making the playoffs or more, right? That's all that that statement suggests.

Dougie has a list of at least 6 players he wants to sign for every position on the pitch. When it comes to transfers he does his homework very well.

We will sign a striker, a midfielder and a center back if Dougie still wants them. They might be from England, they might be playing in the Belgian third division, who knows - but they'll be worth signing if Dougie is interested.

As for players not fighting to join us, I'd advise you to look at Jose Baxter from Everton. He has currently got many clubs interested in him, including Premiership ones, and yet he's desperate to sign for us.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Unless they have forgotten that they are four very successful businessmen, I'd imagine they're quite confident that we won't get f***ed over at a tribunal :)

Tribunal's are normally generous with addons like international appearances and sell-on fees. If we can get a good sell-on fee then it'll be worth a great deal of money. Southampton will probably sell Clyne in a year or two and they'd be unfortunate if they got less than £10m.

I see our resident Palace happy clapper is back :ffsparr: still devouring everything CPFC2010 says as fact. Most of your posts involve the use of the words ; confident, hope, expect, imagine, probably etc etc. In other words you really don't have a clue and are just guessing or repeating what your masters have fed you. :nono:

Quoted by CPFC2010 yesterday at 4.17p.m

It's annoying that it can't be sorted out sensibly. As Palace fans, we all know how good Clyney is but we accept that we are not going to get a realistic transfer fee for the best English U21 right back. Nevertheless the compensation should be far more than they have offered. I'm told it will be about 3 weeks for a tribunal and we have no idea what the outcome will be and how much money we will get. This, coupled, with constant rumours of a sell-on fee coming our way for Vicmo, could make a huge difference to what we have to spend. So yes it is frustrating.

Regardless of this, if Dougie came to us and said that his #1 target had become available we would put our hands in our pockets and support him anyway.

This suggests two things.

1) You are higher up in CPFC2010 than Steve Browett as you claim to know more than he does.
2) The money is not there for transfers unless they bung you another loan, which I am led to believe is immoral from most Palace fans as it gives an unfair advantage.

FFP cannot come soon enough, and when it does you lot are screwed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here