Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathaniel Clyne set to leave

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Baxter was one of three men arrested in October 2009 in Kirkby on suspicion of possession of cannabis with intent to supply and on suspicion of possessing counterfeit money.

BINGO, now its obvious why Palace want him! What better way to bankroll your way back to the premiership?

3 goals in 14 games on loan at Tranmere hardly fills me with fear if Palace sign him.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Baxter is trouble and has a badboy reputation according to my Everton mate, if he could be bothered he might be good but he cant.

And apparently he turned up to the Lewes game about a stone overweight. He sounds DESPERATE to join Palace so desperate he couldnt be bothered as a professional athlete to stay in shape or get in shape.

Bad boy reputation indeed. Some choice quotes from an Everton forum....

"Just watching him in the reserves, I would be very surprised if he got another contract at Everton.

I don't see what he does."

"Me neither, he's just seems to get bigger" "Seen him at a preseason friendly in Dublin last year. He looked like he had eaten all the pies. Best if luck to him." "He wont be playing football in 3 years time." "Fat dirty kopite. Good riddance!"

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I find it quite sweet that some Palace fans believe everything that is fed to them. You would have thought with their recent history and looking around at other teams they would take things with a pinch of salt and wait for their directors to delivery rather than spouting off before they have done anything.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
"For those asking I am not an Everton or a Crystal Palace player, but I'd love to be as they are a great club with a great future"

So everyone is just going to accept that as proof?

"I can't believe those gullible palace fans believe I actually want to sign for them"

See? Anyone can just write a line. Where is a link to something (article, video, audio, etc.) showing this is being said by him and not just a word of mouth thing that got twisted along the way?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

"I can't believe those gullible palace fans believe I actually want to sign for them"

See? Anyone can just write a line. Where is a link to something (article, video, audio, etc.) showing this is being said by him and not just a word of mouth thing that got twisted along the way?

He did say something along the lines of being at Palace and 'hopefully' signing for them to be fair.

But as others have said, it's more out of desperation to get a club than he's deseperate to choose Palace over some of Freedman's fictional Premiership clubs that are meant to be doing all they can to tear him away from signing at Selhurst

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Here:

Twitter

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade

It's from his twitter @jbaxter_37

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Funniest thing you will read on t'internet today

http://e0.365dm.com/12/07/660x350/Nathaniel-Clyne-Crystal-Palace_2797994.jpg

Palace vastly overvalue player sold to top four (Championship) club.......not quite as predicted by the all-knowing CPFC2010 :lol: :lol: :lol:

article is here

http://www.teamtalk.com/crystal-palace/7928456/Palace-blast-Saints-Clyne-offer

so they are shocked that A) he wasn't really good enough for a top 4 club like they all harped on about and B) he's obviously worth nowhere near the fantasy 3-5 million their deluded fans :tosser: said he was.

thats the saddest part about serious delusions, they actually believe all the bollox floating around in their heads is real

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Au contraire, according to the Palace forum he turned down Man United to join Saints.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
So Palace are complaining that they're not being paid fair value for one of their players, wonder what the companies who were screwed over by their admin think of that

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

The quote from Steve Browett is:
"I don't know what the "reported" compensation offer was for Clyney but I know what the real offer is and yes, Southampton are taking the mick.......It's a no-brainer for us because what they have offered is so low.
"We got £750,000 for Bostock who had played one league game whereas Nathaniel's development is way in advance of that and so should be the fee.

So...straight from the horse's mouth, the value placed on Clyne is not way in advance of £750k.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
The quote from Steve Browett is:

So...straight from the horse's mouth, the value placed on Clyne is not way in advance of £750k.

??? I don't think you've read this correctly . Saints have reportedly offered £1.5 m and we apparently want a lot more hence it going to a tribunal . I don't think some of you grasp the concept of going to a tribunal , basically the buying club go in low the selling club go in high and in theory the figure should cover the middle ground . It's not rocket science is it , I hope this clears up any confusion .

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
??? I don't think you've read this correctly . Saints have reportedly offered £1.5 m and we apparently want a lot more hence it going to a tribunal . I don't think some of you grasp the concept of going to a tribunal , basically the buying club go in low the selling club go in high and in theory the figure should cover the middle ground . It's not rocket science is it , I hope this clears up any confusion .

I don't like pissing on people's chips but forget what has been "reported", I'm quoting directly from what your chairman ACTUALLY said. Let me help you out here:

"We got £750,000 for Bostock who had played one league game whereas Nathaniel's development is way in advance of that and so should be the fee.

To summarise: Bostock went for £750k. CPFC think Clyne's development is way in advance of Bostock. CPFC think Clyne's fee should also be way in advance of £750k.

Now what part of that are you struggling with?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

Where does it say 1.5m was the offer? Or are you plucking figures out your arse as Palace fans are so apt at doing.

I think the confusion started when you bunch of twats started saying he was going to sign for Man Utd , set the Prem alight and worth in excess of £5m . I think the rest of us saw the truth long a go.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
SSN reporting palace and southampton have come to an agreement on the fee (undisclosed), and there will be no tribunal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here