Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathaniel Clyne set to leave

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Because our resident Crystal Payless posters are making up stories to make themselves feel better about the firesale taking place in Croydon.

There can't be many more gullible fans around at the moment. CPFC2010 are very good at the smoke and mirrors act and 'suggesting' things with regards to transfer fees without ever actually confirming anything.

At the moment their side is considerably worse off than last year. They really need to pull some rabbits out of hats to sort this out. McCormack would be a start, but that seems to be dragging so who knows where he'll end up.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The way compensation works is that the more games Clyne played for us, the less money he was worth. He played over 100 games for us, had no contract and was STILL worth over £2m.

What? So the more successful a player the less he is worth? By that thinking Grant Hall (2 first team appearances) will be worth an absolute mint when he signs for Spurs.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
What? So the more successful a player the less he is worth? By that thinking Grant Hall (2 first team appearances) will be worth an absolute mint when he signs for Spurs.

So our latest youth products are going directly to Spurs and a former one has just one the league with Man City (barry)

Palace's have gone to Wigan and Southampton....

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I love this quote from Clyne:

"I'm overwhelmed," the 21-year-old Clyne told the club's website. "As soon as I heard that Southampton were in for me, I was happy and I knew that this was the place where I could try to improve my football, further my career and get a chance to play in the Premier League."

Says alot of what he thinks of Palaces prospects. :lol:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
the more games Clyne played for us, the less money he was worth.

Well he could only maintain his quality for so long playing in that dismal decrepit dump doing dougies defensive duties

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
A lot more depressing dour football from Dougies lot next season I expect.

They don't seem to have a plan with their transfer activity and I can sense it all going horribly horrible wrong. They seem to be putting all their eggs in one McCormack shaped basket without realising they also need a midfield and defence.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A lot more depressing dour football from Dougies lot next season I expect.

They don't seem to have a plan with their transfer activity and I can sense it all going horribly horrible wrong. They seem to be putting all their eggs in one McCormack shaped basket without realising they also need a midfield and defence.

They have signed one full back and one CB (Joel Ward and Aaron Martin) to replace Clyne and Gardner.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Neither as good as the player they're replacing, they've also lost about 7 other squad players including leading goal scorer and creator. It's not good news unless they make signings and quick!

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
So now some of the deluded palace prats are even claiming its £2.2million up front already banked and reports as recent as this morning are still saying no fee agreed and a tribunal may decide. Who to believe I wonder? Several journalists who undoubtedly have varying good sources or Tommy Titwank from South Norwood whose dad knows a cleaner at Selhurst so obviously is privy to details of transfer dealings?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They have signed one full back and one CB (Joel Ward and Aaron Martin) to replace Clyne and Gardner.

His point still stands. To improve on 17th they now need to improve their defence and midfield, as both areas have been weakened.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Neither as good as the player they're replacing, they've also lost about 7 other squad players including leading goal scorer and creator. It's not good news unless they make signings and quick!
Yeah but their squad is fabulous, a step down from where they were that might actually be good because frankly their players are so fantastic they can't be bothered winning the Championship, it's not a challenge for them. That's why they only finished 17th with a squad that is absolutely turgid with quality.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Looks like they will have plenty of strikers next year, just not many who are actually that good:

Wilbraham
Baxter
Murray
Easter
Zaha (apaprently going to be playing more as a striker rather than winger)
McCormack

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
So now some of the deluded palace prats are even claiming its £2.2million up front already banked and reports as recent as this morning are still saying no fee agreed and a tribunal may decide. Who to believe I wonder? Several journalists who undoubtedly have varying good sources or Tommy Titwank from South Norwood whose dad knows a cleaner at Selhurst so obviously is privy to details of transfer dealings?

They have cleaners? :eek:

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Nathaniel Clyne is worth £2m (with a 20% sell on fee) when he is OUT OF CONTRACT. His contract has EXPIRED. He would have gone for an absolute mile above that price if he was tied into a long-term deal like Zaha and Williams are.

The reason this academy is so valuable is because we've produced players like Clyne, Zaha and Williams. We have received £2m (and 20% sell on) for Clyne despite his contract having expired. We have turned down bids of £5m for Zaha, and we will eventually sell him for far more than that. Williams appears to be the best prospect yet, and we will get an estimate of his value over the next 12 months. He could be the best player the academy has ever produced.

Also produced from our academy is Victor Moses. Victor Moses was sold by our administrator in 2010, for a measly £3,000,000. Due to our being in administration, the fee was much lower than it should have been. Despite being in the last year of his contract, Wigan have turned down an offer of £7m for him from Chelsea, and are believed to have accepted Chelsea's final offer of £10m.

THAT is why our academy is so valuable. To reiterate why Clyne only went for £2m, it's because he was out of contract. The way compensation works is that the more games Clyne played for us, the less money he was worth. He played over 100 games for us, had no contract and was STILL worth over £2m.

You see what I find difficult to grasp is why your lot believe beyond any doubt LITERALLY ANYTHING that is alluded to by your owners, or big, inflated fees being quoted in the press. £7m bid for Zaha turned out to be £5m, 250k for Ambrose you think is a million, the widely reported 400k for Scannell you think is 750k. And Moses you think Chelsea have bid 7m for? How's this then...Wigan reject new £5m Chelsea bid for Victor Moses | Mail Online

I'm not saying that is necessarily accurate, it's just a tabloid report, but I find it ironic that you choose to blindly believe one newspaper saying 7m over another saying 5m - what evidence is there that either are correct? It's just funny that you always think the highest figure is the truest - 1.5m/2.2m+20% for Clyne being another fine example.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Please please please can someone buy Winifred and Williams. Then Palace are truly f***ed.

Its quite obvious that the new owners are getting the high wage owners off the books/have to pay FFS Murrays and the cash received from player sales is plugging black holes left right and centre.

In some respects what their owners are doing is the right thing so they dont CHEAT their way out of debt AGAIN.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here