Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathaniel Clyne set to leave

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
. Our academy's there to make us money, it's doing it well.

Is this the CPFC Academy? No it must be the CPFC 2010 Academy. Be sure not to include anyone who started at the academy prior to administration in your attempt at crowing.
I will accept that your academy makes the club money (though much less than you may think/claim) - shame the rest of the club is so good at losing it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We've just got circa £2m (some say £2.2m) for our out of contract right back, I shall stick to crowing.
Were you previously unaware that you'd be entitled to a fee even after his contract ran out? I guess if you didn't realise and this money is a bonus, happy days. And if you can find happiness that your best player refused to sign a new contract and went for a much lower figure than most fans expected, then you're well set to cope with being a Palace fan.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Will the last person deserting Smellhurst please lock those rusty gates.

Tumbleweed_rolling_2.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We gave Clyne his big break.
Eh? He was with Spurs, so not exactly looking like someone that wouldn't make the grade. He was only with you two years before playing in the Championship, so it's not as though he even learnt to play at Palace.

Most fans get excited when buying new players, with hopes of improving. You don't have enough fans to pay the wages, so you're selling your best players, yet you're happy. Are you a Brighton fan on a wind-up?

Jan 12, 2012
Reportedly he's gone for £2 mill plus 20% sell on. He was offered a big new contract last summer, which he declined.( no pun intended)
He will go on to prove he is a top full back, and will have a long career at the very top.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Eh? He was with Spurs, so not exactly looking like someone that wouldn't make the grade. He was only with you two years before playing in the Championship, so it's not as though he even learnt to play at Palace.

Most fans get excited when buying new players, with hopes of improving. You don't have enough fans to pay the wages, so you're selling your best players, yet you're happy. Are you a Brighton fan on a wind-up?

Maybe just trying to find positivity when clearly there isn't thing to look forward to in Norwood.

Jan 12, 2012

Not many come through at Spurs, they prefer to steal from other clubs.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Reportedly he's gone for £2 mill plus 20% sell on. He was offered a big new contract last summer, which he declined.( no pun intended)
He will go on to prove he is a top full back, and will have a long career at the very top.

When does "the very top" bit begin?

Reported by whom? I've not seen or heard anything close to 2 million with a sell on clause.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not many come through at Spurs, they prefer to steal from other clubs.
Do you think you took a 15 year old with no hope, and made them a Championship player at 17? No, neither do I. He was destined to become a premiership player before he joined you.

Jan 12, 2012
Do you think you took a 15 year old with no hope, and made them a Championship player at 17? No, neither do I. He was destined to become a premiership player before he joined you.

If he stayed at Spurs, there would have been no way he would have got in the 1st team at 17. Palace gave him that chance, and he was an ever present from that day onwards.

No link then? :shrug:[/QUOT

There's not that many cpfc websites, I'm sure you know them. One begins with b b s , the other begins with holmesdale online

No link then?

I wonder if this report that you told us about exists in anything other than your head.

So basically its a completely unfounded rumour?

Exactly.

Another case of the I'll report it as fact with no substance behind it, no link, no anything as tangible proof that it was reported at all just to sound a bit "In the know" only to be shown up as a fraud.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here