Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muzza Merger Thread (note: contains binfestery)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Wasting your breath. You can't reason with idiots like Sir Albion. Just read this psots, he's even on a wind up, or a little bit slow. For what its worth, I agree. I think Murray will bring out the best in others, and would have him back in a flash. Pretty certain he wouldn't be worth all that much to us in the premiership, but I think people have to realise we are not in the premiership. He'd be a good asset for us to have this season.
You calling me an idiot because i say murray is shite in the championship you deluded mouthy prick

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I wouldn't be averse to his return. Someone without an ounce of loyalty can't be called a traitor, so there's no bad blood between Glenn and me - partly, of course, thanks to him not even realising i exist, or necessarily wanting to. If he came back with a little fire in his heart, which hopefully Gus has the power to insert, then his salmonic (Copyright) leaps would be of great use. We're obviously in a difficult market trying to get a big enough player to really lead the line, and i have no interest in breaking the bank to get the ultimate star player and push up piglet pastry prices to about £9 per nibble. We have to remain within our means and carry on building at a pace which suits us, and not the whyhaventwewontheleagueyet brigade. Jumping divisions is expensive and ambitious, so if we have to settle for Glenn's more affordable re-emergence, then so be it. Our pride wouldn't be damaged horrendously and we may get a little of what we need for a cost we can afford, whilst saving for an out and out beauty who might appear available as the season goes.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can someone tell me has anyone put any info of the judas **** (yes he is that UNLESS...) actually returning?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I saw him play loads of times,he had a good season but that's it.
Sorry just had to bite again. He had a good season when we played to his strengths. i would even Murray biggest critics, not retarded ones, but people that can think along the lines of a sane person, would say Murrays season the year we won teh league could be rated a little better than good.

He's goes to Palace, who as we have with CMS, not used him to his strengths and he struggled.

But because of that, creatins like you say he's shit, as some on here say CMS is.

If Murray came back, I would presume we would play him along the lines as we did when we got promoted, and that season Murray excelled in the role he played and was as far as the opposition went, he was at times unplayable, and him up front with CMS and they would be dynamite in this division.

But use CMS as we did last year, and Palace use Murray as they did last year, you'll have two average players again.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I wouldn't be averse to his return. Someone without an ounce of loyalty can't be called a traitor, so there's no bad blood between Glenn and me - partly, of course, thanks to him not even realising i exist, or necessarily wanting to. If he came back with a little fire in his heart, which hopefully Gus has the power to insert, then his salmonic (Copyright) leaps would be of great use. We're obviously in a difficult market trying to get a big enough player to really lead the line, and i have no interest in breaking the bank to get the ultimate star player and push up piglet pastry prices to about £9 per nibble. We have to remain within our means and carry on building at a pace which suits us, and not the whyhaventwewontheleagueyet brigade. Jumping divisions is expensive and ambitious, so if we have to settle for Glenn's more affordable re-emergence, then so be it. Our pride wouldn't be damaged horrendously and we may get a little of what we need for a cost we can afford, whilst saving for an out and out beauty who might appear available as the season goes.
Great post and spot on. But too many on here are going to be disappointed when we don't start the season with Wayne Rooney leading the line

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Can someone tell me has anyone put any info of the judas **** (yes he is that UNLESS...) actually returning?

A few NSCers have said that the striker we are after is Murray whereas others have said that we are not after Murray (see 'So any guesses?' thread around page 8 for it not being Murray). Also, Moose from Talksport tweeted it, but a lot of stuff he says isn't true.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
only try's when he needs a new contract

That comment is not supported by a statistical analysis though:

2007/8 8 goals in 20 games (0.40 goals per game)
2008/09 12 goals in 28 games (0.43 goals per game)
2009/10 14 goals in 37 games (0.38 goals per game)
2010/11 22 goals in 50 games (0.44 goals per game)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Sorry just had to bite again. He had a good season when we played to his strengths. i would even Murray biggest critics, not retarded ones, but people that can think along the lines of a sane person, would say Murrays season the year we won teh league could be rated a little better than good.

He's goes to Palace, who as we have with CMS, not used him to his strengths and he struggled.

But because of that, creatins like you say he's shit, as some on here say CMS is.

If Murray came back, I would presume we would play him along the lines as we did when we got promoted, and that season Murray excelled in the role he played and was as far as the opposition went, he was at times unplayable, and him up front with CMS and they would be dynamite in this division.

But use CMS as we did last year, and Palace use Murray as they did last year, you'll have two average players again.
Wether our style of play suits him or not he's not in my OPINION good enough for the top end of the championship,it's not goner happen anyway and thankfully our manager saw sense and that was the best decision for the club.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
You think we would sack one of the best young managers in the country because he made the wrong signing? I bloody hope we wouldn't.

After re-reading my own post 3 times, I am struggling to read the part that claims that he would be sacked...

Managers do stand and fall by their own decisions and in this game it is all about results... If Gus managed to persuade TB to fork out for GM and it turned out to be a bad mistake then Gus position would surely become untenable?

I honestly cannot see any of these things happening, can you?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
That comment is not supported by a statistical analysis though:

2007/8 8 goals in 20 games (0.40 goals per game)
2008/09 12 goals in 28 games (0.43 goals per game)
2009/10 14 goals in 37 games (0.38 goals per game)
2010/11 22 goals in 50 games (0.44 goals per game)
He was still a lazy bastard and 14 goals in league 1 is not that good in 37 games,this is the top end of the championship now.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He was still a lazy bastard and 14 goals in league 1 is not that good in 37 games,this is the top end of the championship now.

I agree with you that 14 goals in League 1 isn't good enough, however he did not play a full season due to injury, unless of course you are saying he was faking it because he is a lazy bastard.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
After re-reading my own post 3 times, I am struggling to read the part that claims that he would be sacked...

Managers do stand and fall by their own decisions and in this game it is all about results... If Gus managed to persuade TB to fork out for GM and it turned out to be a bad mistake then Gus position would surely become untenable?

I honestly cannot see any of these things happening, can you?

Gus spent £3 million on Hoskins and CMS though, and neither of them proved to be unqualified successes, would that make Poyet's position untenable too?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Wasn't there a ridiculous stat that during that Div 1 winning season we didn't win a game when Murray didn't start going back to September or something?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I agree with you that 14 goals in League 1 isn't good enough, however he did not play a full season due to injury, unless of course you are saying he was faking it because he is a lazy bastard.

He wanted out at some stage too,so to me having no interest and being lazy are 2 different things,as well as carrying injuries-he did very well for us.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Gus spent £3 million on Hoskins and CMS though, and neither of them proved to be unqualified successes, would that make Poyet's position untenable too?

A slightly different way of looking at it, don't you think?

Paying out for a possible failure that you let go for nowt just 12 months previously would leave a bad taste and lots of egg on face I would guess?

I like GM but I'm not sure that Gus will take that much of a risk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here