Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muzza Merger Thread (note: contains binfestery)

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
So from what this Bennetts Field Bunny has said on twitter it's:

A striker who can score and create

Over 6ft 1

Not ginger

Has at least one A and one E in his name (including possible middle names)

'You won't be disapponted - final part of jigsaw'
---------------------------------------------------

Is there anything i've missed? My mate seems to think he said something about it being an ex albion player but i cant seem to see that on twitter?

Robert Zamora? Darius Henderson (middle name has an A in - tho not exciting!)

Don't think Zamora is over 6 ft

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Murray? I'd be pleased. Zamora? I'd feint.

He'd probably faint too! He must be about 102 by now!

old_black_man_-_cropped_-_framed.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don't think Zamora is over 6 ft

6ft according to wiki. The bobby I remember was definately over 6ft - weird!

Can't see it being Zamora or Murray myself tbh - so many reasons... Bobby's contract is fairly new and must be huge for salary

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
So from what this Bennetts Field Bunny has said on twitter it's:

A striker who can score and create

Over 6ft 1

Not ginger

Has at least one A and one E in his name (including possible middle names)

'You won't be disapponted - final part of jigsaw'
---------------------------------------------------

This I assume is Carlton Cole they are talking about.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I can really understand the love him, loath him arguments with Glenn. But what I can't understand is the posts about putting to bed our rivalry with Palace. What is the first fixtures you look for? For me it is Palace home and away. We have only just re-ignited the rivalry last season properly, but it has been there since the late 70's. Ask many of their fans to put the rivalry to bed, they would laugh in your face.

For what its worth, I don't believe GM is coming back, but if Gus see's fit to bring him back, I for one would get behind him, the same way I do with all of our players.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I've been watching players play in the strips for eight or nine years before you were even born. I've seen the very good, the good, the bad and the damned awful. I have never slagged a poster off for having a view that differs from mine, unless they have slated me first. True I have a view on almost everything, some it will be shared by and some it won't, but that's what opinions are all about....I may be wrong but aren't you off the fairer sex?....That would explain a lot about your views on football and certain individual players. I expect your of the school of thought that a top half finish will be another great season?

No, I'm not female. Nice attempt at being patronising to women though, classy. I don't care how long you've been watching the club for, it is irrelevant. Your opinion about Murray seems based on the fact he plays for Crystal Palace, he left us for them, and the bulk of his experience is in League 1. That seems to have made up your mind about him, not his actual ability. And I disagree with that. Completely. It isn't about his name, it's about his qualities and what he'd add to the team. I think our ambitious are higher than 10th, and so they should be. I want top 6, but suspect we're capable of top 2 with a striker to tie everything together. It is my opinion that player is Glenn Murray.

If you disagree, no problem.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Also, I am extremely unimpressed by merging my thread with another. And changing the title entirely. Maybe I've missed the point of that, but I'm unimpressed.

[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION], reasons?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Yes that's one I'd considered. Originally seemed to suggest one 'a' in the name too. If it is him that Moose Talksport will look a proper dick after he ridiculed the rumour the other day...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
cant the Murray threads be merged? with that good old fashioned title "MERGED MADNESS" i can hear the laughter coming from Selhurst even with my headphones on

Also, I am extremely unimpressed by merging my thread with another. And changing the title entirely. Maybe I've missed the point of that, but I'm unimpressed.

Don't know what's going on honestly :p

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

There were several threads, all discussing the pros and cons of Murray, merging them seems reasonable, another poster did request it (some worry about palace making fun of us for all the threads on our board about one of their players, but that doesn't concern me, personally).

The thread title was also requested, a throwback to previous merging, I believe. Even if not, a) it's a neutral title that doesn't put one thread above the others (fair, considering one was in favour, one was opposed), b) it highlights that there have been several threads and if anyone starts another it will likely be merged, too.

Why do you think your thread was so worthy of being kept separate from the others?

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
I would have said Carlton Cole too, but the NSCer who broke the Crofts story, said that it wasn't Cole that we are after.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Decent shout, at the moment I think Cole or Beckford are most likely.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

If there are a number of threads on the same topic, then where possible we merge them together so that a more cohesive argument/binfest/debate/namecalling exercise can take place.

Apologies if you are upset with the original title being changed, I have no preference for any of the original Muzzarants that were originally here, and thought that therefore something neutral would (a) indicate the subject matter and (b) alert people to the fact that this is a merged thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here