Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muzza Merger Thread (note: contains binfestery)

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
A lot of people seem excited by the possible return of muzza. Must admit I'd be underwhelmed. We were in for Seb Ribas as the 'gem' signing. Having missed out I'm still hopeful Gus unearths another 'gem'.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
A lot of people seem excited by the possible return of muzza. Must admit I'd be underwhelmed. We were in for Seb Ribas as the 'gem' signing. Having missed out I'm still hopeful Gus unearths another 'gem'.

I'd be astonished dazed confused and amused

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
From Soccer Sauce, who mentioned Bridge before he was linked with us:

Our south coast sauces still suggest Gus Poyet is trying to convince Tony Bloom to place an attractive offer for Jordan Rhodes #BHAFC #HTFC

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If there are a number of threads on the same topic, then where possible we merge them together so that a more cohesive argument/binfest/debate/namecalling exercise can take place.

Apologies if you are upset with the original title being changed, I have no preference for any of the original Muzzarants that were originally here, and thought that therefore something neutral would (a) indicate the subject matter and (b) alert people to the fact that this is a merged thread.

Ok, no problems. Disappointed to have my name associated with this thread as it turns out. But I've contributed to it... so fair enough.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
BennettsFieldBunny ‏[MENTION=3975]ben[/MENTION]nettsField
Update. It won't be tomorrow. Tuesday though #bunnyknows

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Our south coast sauces still suggest Gus Poyet is trying to convince Tony Bloom to place an attractive offer for Jordan Rhodes #BHAFC #HTFC

Is a gd source but i seem to remember them tweeting something else (may well have been re Rhodes) but saying something along the lines of 'this source isnt as gd as the Wayne Bridge one' or something along those lines. I guess it depends whether it's the 'strong source' or not...

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Did Hudds really reject a £5.2M bid for him from Blackburn?

I'm not sure I would be comfortable with us spending £5+ million on one player without top level experience to be honest.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Having read the last few pages of this, it seems people are more worried about appearances than the player. People seem to be concerned about how it'll "look" if we sign Murray. I'm not bothered by that rubbish, if the player we sign is going to improve our team and give us what we lacked last season, I would be more than happy with signing some nobody from League 1, if that's what it takes. Someone mentioned Ribas, I'm sure he's a good player but none of us have seem him play. He could be more moody than Murray for all we know. But because of the name, they're disappointed we didn't get him. I don't get it.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Is a gd source but i seem to remember them tweeting something else (may well have been re Rhodes) but saying something along the lines of 'this source isnt as gd as the Wayne Bridge one' or something along those lines. I guess it depends whether it's the 'strong source' or not...

It was when the Rhodes speculation started. They said something a long the lines of: "We understand Jordan Rhodes is moving down South to Brighton for 5 Million. This isn't as certain as the Bridge story though"

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Having read the last few pages of this, it seems people are more worried about appearances than the player. People seem to be concerned about how it'll "look" if we sign Murray. I'm not bothered by that rubbish, if the player we sign is going to improve our team and give us what we lacked last season, I would be more than happy with signing some nobody from League 1, if that's what it takes. Someone mentioned Ribas, I'm sure he's a good player but none of us have seem him play. He could be more moody than Murray for all we know. But because of the name, they're disappointed we didn't get him. I don't get it.

Disappointed because wasn't he the one Poyet labelled a 'gem'? Good enough for Gus is good enough for me.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Rhodes rumoured to be going everywhere from us to Blackburn but still not gone anywhere

Fullhams 1st choice as well apparently. Can't see us competing tbh but would love it to be another CMS scenario. Scottish strike force to take us up!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Look at Muzza giving that tambourine some stick!!!

[yt]_8_Pf144Qmg[/yt]

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Did Hudds really reject a £5.2M bid for him from Blackburn?

I'm not sure I would be comfortable with us spending £5+ million on one player without top level experience to be honest.

That was said a while back, but friday just gone ssn reported huddersfield had turned down a £2m bid. Terriers reject Rovers offer | Sky Sports , so I suspect the £5.2m bid was nonsense. Perhaps £5m is Huddersfield's asking price, or at least the price all their fans think is right for him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here