Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muzza Merger Thread (note: contains binfestery)

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
I miss the old Glen Murray. The one who looked happy and scored goals.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Most of us told the palace lot what murray's like and guess what it was spot on,only try's when he needs a new contract.Im rather embarrassed by how low people's expectations are just because we need a striker.

You were not "spot on" at all, in fact you were completely wrong.
You said Glenn was a moaner, he sulked when things didn't go his way and he never puts effort in until his final year.

In actual fact, when he plays he tries extremely hard, he plays with a smile on his face and does his best for the team. Unfortunately, the style of football that we played last year was completely unsuited to him. He just didn't work in the formation/tactics we used, and as such appeared to be an average striker. In games where we changed the tactics (e.g. Wigan at home in the cup) he was absolutely magnificent and looked to be the complete centre-forward. I really hope we play a style next season that will benefit him. Most of all, I hope he doesn't sit on the bench again for much of the season. He is wasted on the bench and certainly shouldn't be behind Jermaine f***ing Easter in the pecking order.

There is no doubt in my mind that Glenn is easily good enough for the Championship and, given a proper run in the first team in a formation that suits him, could be a great player for us this season.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Swap deal with Harley and a few training kits and balls should do it.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

I felt sorry for him last season. The formation we played left him completely isolated up front and he was fighting an uphill battle from the start. He was wasted in our side last year, it was clear that Wilf and Williams were the only attacking outlets Dougie wanted to use.

Hopefully Dougie has learned from our inability to score goals last season and will play Glenn in a formation that allows him to be the fantastic striker we have seen in certain games (Wigan, Blackpool, Forest etc.)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
No, they can keep their training kits.. I would take the player exchange though. That would suit all concerned :D

:lolol: you bugger :kiss:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Come home Muzza. Gifted footballer who will get a flair overdose with The Dagger supplying sublime passes that Glenn can process and feed to a resurgent CMS to bury. (I may have had too much Olympic and San Miguel spirit).

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Wasn't there a ridiculous stat that during that Div 1 winning season we didn't win a game when Murray didn't start going back to September or something?

If you ignore the cup game against woking in November, yes, and ignore the fact that there were so few games in which he didn't start. The last three of the season were games that meant nothing and our team wasn't the strongest anyway. Of the seven other games he didn't start, we lost two, one of which was against northampton in the league cup, a game in which we played a weakened team because it was a competition we had little interest in.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So from what this Bennetts Field Bunny has said on twitter it's:

A striker who can score and create

Over 6ft 1

Not ginger

Has at least one A and one E in his name (including possible middle names)

'You won't be disapponted - final part of jigsaw'
---------------------------------------------------

Is there anything i've missed? My mate seems to think he said something about it being an ex albion player but i cant seem to see that on twitter?

Robert Zamora? Darius Henderson (middle name has an A in - tho not exciting!)

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
So from what this Bennetts Field Bunny has said on twitter it's:

A striker who can score and create

Over 6ft 1

Not ginger

Has at least one A and one E in his name (including possible middle names)

'You won't be disapponted - final part of jigsaw'
---------------------------------------------------

Is there anything i've missed? My mate seems to think he said something about it being an ex albion player but i cant seem to see that on twitter?

Robert Zamora? Darius Henderson (middle name has an A in - tho not exciting!)

It was Moose from Talksport who said it was a former player. He then went onto say it was Murray. Although, from what has been said by BennettsFieldBunny and people on other threads, it appears to be somebody a lot better than Murray.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A few NSCers have said that the striker we are after is Murray whereas others have said that we are not after Murray (see 'So any guesses?' thread around page 8 for it not being Murray). Also, Moose from Talksport tweeted it, but a lot of stuff he says isn't true.

Cheers! Yeh saw the Moose things. He also poo pooed Carlton Cole signing whch seems more of a possibility than he suggested...

How would you feel if Murray had a crap season at Palace sandwiched between 2 fantastic seasons helping us to promotion ?

The clue is in where i put 'unless' - until anything such as him coming back happens he is still and always will be a money grabbing **** :)

The one that played for brighton 2010/2011 season you mean? Maybe he's very annoyed at the sheer amount of Palace fans who STILL spell his name wrong?! Fee;s unloved after coming from such a caring home?

Or he's just a proven oddball...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It was Moose from Talksport who said it was a former player. He then went onto say it was Murray. Although, from what has been said by BennettsFieldBunny and people on other threads, it appears to be somebody a lot better than Murray.

You're filling me in well tonight thanks! I didn't think Bennetts Field Bunny said this...!

For what its worth Bennetts field bunny said something about a player signing and a medical but didn't name Crofts and didn't get the day correct. However a hunch tells me they do know. Another hunch tells me they post on here regularly and may even be close to / part of the NSC hierarchy... (In my opinion!)

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
You're filling me in well tonight thanks! I didn't think Bennetts Field Bunny said this...!

For what its worth Bennetts field bunny said something about a player signing and a medical but didn't name Crofts and didn't get the day correct. However a hunch tells me they do know. Another hunch tells me they post on here regularly and may even be close to / part of the NSC hierarchy... (In my opinion!)

No worries! Agree with all that. I have a feeling they are ITK as well, after them talking about a player having a medical in the next few days and Crofts signing. They may have just taken a guess and hoped for the best but I do believe they know something.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Murray? I'd be pleased. Zamora? I'd feint.

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
I would love to see him back......Murray, Barnes or CMS would be fantastic......I still dont think we saw the best of him due to him being injured which he had to play through alot of the time. I think with the service we can offer our front pair (whoever he plays with) would Destroy the Championship.

Lets just say he was sent away for 12months to show where he could end up if he didn't buck his ideas up....i think he's learnt his lesson now

Last edited:

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Murray? I'd be pleased. Zamora? I'd feint.

In my opinion, as I said on another thread, Murray is the TYPE of player we need, but Murray himself is not the player we need. We need somebody who would be able to fire us into the Premiership and also play in the Premiership once we get there. I would much rather see us bring somebody in who has proven themselves at a higher level then Murray.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I would love to see him back......Murray, Barnes or CMS would be fantastic......I still dont think we saw the best of him due to him being injured which he had to play through alot of the time. I think with the service we can offer our front pair (whoever he plays with) would destroy the Championship.

Lets just say he was sent away for 12months to show where he could end up if he didn't buck his ideas up....i think he's learnt his lesson now

I know what you mean but i had to edit this-i would love to use the term too,but i feel it's inappropriate-sorry if it offends you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here