Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muzza Merger Thread (note: contains binfestery)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Some people never turned on him. There are certain people who thought Murray was majestic and magnificent in our team and never wanted him to leave. He did, but he remains a player who was genuinely brilliant for us when we got him fit and played to his strengths. He is a much better player than people give him credit for being, because his value is as much in defending set pieces as it is in leading our line with intelligence, style and effortless class.

[MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] would agree with my observations, presumably.

I just had a w*nk over that post.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
So looking at the championship strikers on show you think murray would be one of our top strikers:lolol:

You do realise that if palace sold murray he would be valued at about 200k,that's just the sort of striker we need to send us to the prem:glare:

Football is about balance and not just big names. Murray, or similar, would help provide greater balance upfront. A player able to hold up the ball and link midfield and attack. Personally I think he would bring best out of others. Your thinking he's not a big enough name belongs in Sven school of thought.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Football is about balance and not just big names. Murray, or similar, would help provide greater balance upfront. A player able to hold up the ball and link midfield and attack. Personally I think he would bring best out of others. Your thinking he's not a big enough name belongs in Sven school of thought.

True and the reason why we don't need to spend millions of pounds on fees,wages as others have stated however can be a problem..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Everyone has different opinions and I respect yours.

For me he tore the division up. When we rested him or when he was injured we were a mid-table side. I really think he made that much difference.

As to whether he can do it a division higher who knows, but our current strikers can't so let's give him a go I say.
He did not tare league 1 apart pal,he scored 20 odd goals like many other players including hoskins and barnes and many more players,cms scored 35 league and cup goals that season aswell.If he was that bloody good why did nobody attempt to sign him when he was transfer listed and when he wasn't transfer listed?
I respect your opinion aswell bud,but you are seriously overrating murray big time.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Can't be arsed to read the whole thread. I bet the BBS site are having some fun with it though. I can't bring myself to look at it.

1) I can't see TB forking out for a player that we allowed to walk away just 12 months ago.

2) If Gus got him back and GM failed, Gus would have to quit his position.

3) GM is as unproven at this level as is CMS although I do think that a partnership of the two could work well.

Stranger things have happened in football but I can't see any chance of this happening. I also think that we need proven ability at this level and none of our current strikers are good enough to get us up. Neither would GM in my opinion!

Keep up the search please Gus.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It's not about big names,the problem is Murray will not improve as a player and he's been shite at palace.Fact is people are in a time warp and think we're still in league 1,just because he had a good season in that division it doesn't mean he's the awnser.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Your posts in this thread are even more idiotic than those [MENTION=11697]kevtherev[/MENTION] has masterminded. Fair play, I didn't think it was possible.

What people maybe didn't see, or what they're choosing to forget, is that football is a team game. Murray as an individual might not be your type of player, but if you don't think he adds more to the team than just his ability up front then you've missed something rather important. What he offers in defensive positions and attacking set pieces are what we lacked at times last season. We don't really have players who attack the ball in the air in those positions. Murray competes at both ends of the pitch, he added a lot to our team and Poyet knew that.

Aa for this rubbish about him leaving being due to Poyet not wanting him, and/or that Poyet would be accepting he got it wrong to bring him back... Good grief, what is that about? We offered a contract, Palace offered him a better one. I don't think the people claiming Poyet made a mistake would be happier had we offered over the odds, or offered a contract which would have unbalanced our wage structure. We're being run properly and things like budgets and a wage structure are important and we work within them. Palace seem less concerned about living within their means and offered him more than we did. I don't blame Murray for taking that offer. And I certainly don't think Poyet made a mistake in offering what we could afford to pay. We wanted him, he left. Hopefully we want him back, and will get him.

I've been watching players play in the strips for eight or nine years before you were even born. I've seen the very good, the good, the bad and the damned awful. I have never slagged a poster off for having a view that differs from mine, unless they have slated me first. True I have a view on almost everything, some it will be shared by and some it won't, but that's what opinions are all about....I may be wrong but aren't you off the fairer sex?....That would explain a lot about your views on football and certain individual players. I expect your of the school of thought that a top half finish will be another great season?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Most of us told the palace lot what murray's like and guess what it was spot on,only try's when he needs a new contract.Im rather embarrassed by how low people's expectations are just because we need a striker.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Good laugh ha ha,boring misrable twat and if he did somehow come back then i won't be renewing my ST pal.

This club is on the up not down
What a twat you are. IF you have a season ticket, it'll already be renewed you lop.

If you are going to throw it back just because we sign a player you don't like, then you can hardly call yourself a supporter. And you have a nerve to call other people clueless!!

And poster to add to NSCs finest fuckwits

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
You do realise that if palace sold murray he would be valued at about 200k,that's just the sort of striker we need to send us to the prem:glare:
Classic "Championship manager" mentality there!! You seriously need to stop calling people clueless if your going to post things like that...... pal

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Can't be arsed to read the whole thread. I bet the BBS site are having some fun with it though. I can't bring myself to look at it.

1) I can't see TB forking out for a player that we allowed to walk away just 12 months ago.

2) If Gus got him back and GM failed, Gus would have to quit his position.

3) GM is as unproven at this level as is CMS although I do think that a partnership of the two could work well.

Stranger things have happened in football but I can't see any chance of this happening. I also think that we need proven ability at this level and none of our current strikers are good enough to get us up. Neither would GM in my opinion!

Keep up the search please Gus.

You think we would sack one of the best young managers in the country because he made the wrong signing? I bloody hope we wouldn't.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Wasting your breath. You can't reason with idiots like Sir Albion. Just read this psots, he's even on a wind up, or a little bit slow. For what its worth, I agree. I think Murray will bring out the best in others, and would have him back in a flash. Pretty certain he wouldn't be worth all that much to us in the premiership, but I think people have to realise we are not in the premiership. He'd be a good asset for us to have this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here