Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muzza Merger Thread (note: contains binfestery)

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
We have sold 24 odd thousand season tickets, we have a capacity of going on 29,000 going up to over 30,000. Mr Bloom and Poyet are targeting the prem without doubt and people think Murray is the answer..Christ on a bike, I can't believe it.....

Jul 7, 2003
swindon, wilts
Personally him and CMs, with Vicente and crofts playing Killer balls through, I can see us pissing this division.

The guy is class and was excellent in his last season, both in attack and defence The club should have kept him as CMS was far more expensive and not as successful. I for one would welcome him back. All this Palace hatred is way out of date, its about time we all moved on.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I was thinking how can this guy not rate Murray, he was different class in our last Withdean season. Now I understand, you didn't see that season.
Saw enough games pal but he's league 1 at best,he had one good season for the umpteenth time so get over it,i rated Leon knight much more and he scored lots more than murray in league 1,but even knight struggled in the championship at times.

Why has murray suddenly become a class championship striker,what has he done to suggest this?i presume if he's that good we should bid 2 million for him?reckon palace will want 3 million though as murray will score 20+ easily,also the likes of wolves and blackburn must be interested aswell yeah?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
For me, he is the type of striker we need.

As all the other strikers we have been after we have lost out on, for whatever reason, I would welcome him. It might not work and he might not perform but a much better option than what we have currently IMO.

D

Deleted member 2719

Christ another one on drugs,he had superb service for one and is a lazy bastard most of the time,he wasn't a 30 goal scorer but a 20 goal striker,he had one good ish season not bloody 3,we're aiming for the prem not bloody league 1.

The murray is quality bollocks is laughable,gus was glad to get rid of the miserable bastard and that's why he offered him a average contract.

Let's put this shite to bed as he ain't coming back and we don't want him back,we're out of murray's depth end of.

It's so good when people use there common sense on here and tells it like it is. :thumbsup:

I can't understand why anyone would want him back he made a seriously bad call in going to Palace and we need a guy that can and wants to play for a big club.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I saw him play loads of times,he had a good season but that's it.

Everyone has different opinions and I respect yours.

For me he tore the division up. When we rested him or when he was injured we were a mid-table side. I really think he made that much difference.

As to whether he can do it a division higher who knows, but our current strikers can't so let's give him a go I say.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
cant the Murray threads be merged? with that good old fashioned title "MERGED MADNESS" i can hear the laughter coming from Selhurst even with my headphones on

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
As someone says a couple of posts above, we should be targeting players who would be good enough for the Premiership. Murray hasn't even proved himself in the Championship and I think it's laughable how much some people on here overrate him.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
As someone says a couple of posts above, we should be targeting players who would be good enough for the Premiership. Murray hasn't even proved himself in the Championship and I think it's laughable how much some people on here overrate him.

100% this. Murray is the TYPE of player we need, but Murray himself is not the player we need. We need somebody who would be able to fire us into the Premiership and also play in the Premiership once we get there. A player such as Carlton Cole would fit this bill.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Phew! :D

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I have merged the threads to give more space for us to agree just how shit Ashley Barnes is.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
100% this. Murray is the TYPE of player we need, but Murray himself is not the player we need. We need somebody who would be able to fire us into the Premiership and also play in the Premiership once we get there. A player such as Carlton Cole would fit this bill.

Good point. Carlton Cole is on £40,000 a week though. Glenn Murray is on £9,000 a week.

If only money was no object* signing better players would be so much easier.

(*Not a problem if you are Portsmouth of course)

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Personally, I don't really care about the whole 'he left us for the pikey scum' side of it.
My concern is that he is not good enough for us anymore. It's easy to look back at him playing for us in league one with rose tinted glasses, but we are a long way from there now.
I said 4th choice as my opinion only, my perspective being:-
Barnes seems to get better with every match and Gus loves him. (As do I)
CMS was awesome at Peterborough, just needs to regain his form and confidence. Gus signed him.
Hoskins I believe will come good and I see more potential in him than what's left in Murray. Gus signed him.
Murray, Gus let him go for the sake af a couple of grand.
While I agree it would be good for us to get another striker in this window, I just don't feel Glenn would be the answer.
If he does return I hope he proves me wrong but I doubt it.
Besides, Gus doesn't strike me as the going to stick his hand up and say 'I was wrong to let him go'

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Agreed. I think we may need to dip into the European market to find a player of a similar calibre who isn't out of our price range (easier said than done but plenty out there).

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Personally, I don't really care about the whole 'he left us for the pikey scum' side of it.
My concern is that he is not good enough for us anymore. It's easy to look back at him playing for us in league one with rose tinted glasses, but we are a long way from there now.
I said 4th choice as my opinion only, my perspective being:-
Barnes seems to get better with every match and Gus loves him. (As do I)
CMS was awesome at Peterborough, just needs to regain his form and confidence. Gus signed him.
Hoskins I believe will come good and I see more potential in him than what's left in Murray. Gus signed him.
Murray, Gus let him go for the sake af a couple of grand.
While I agree it would be good for us to get another striker in this window, I just don't feel Glenn would be the answer.
If he does return I hope he proves me wrong but I doubt it.
Besides, Gus doesn't strike me as the going to stick his hand up and say 'I was wrong to let him go'

This being the key point. Resigning Murray would be a completely waste of money on the fee and wages when we could do so much better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here