Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muzza Merger Thread (note: contains binfestery)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'd be happy to see Murray and Barnes partnership reunited for an initial season to see how it worked out. It always seemed to me to be a partnership greater than the sum of its parts. Got very little doubt that the 'unproven at this level' tag would swiftly be proven wrong. In Ashley Barnes' case, it already has.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I only saw him play once in this division so probably can't give a sensible answer. As you clearly saw him play more often, what do you think his problems were in this division last season?
His problem is motivation most of the time,only picks himself up when he wants a new contract,most people moaned about his attitude on the pitch and he handed in a transfer request twice let's not forget,he thought he was to good for us which was laughable and we had all that homesick shite for months.

He's lazy and uninterested most of the time end of.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
This was my post on the Glenn Murray thread on 26-04-11, always liked him and didn't want to see him leave. I would be very happy to see GM back with us, couldn't give a toss that he played for Palace, it's what he does for us that counts.

Also it's not just about how many goals Glenn has scored for us this season, how many has he assisted in and how many goals against has he prevented?
his defending this year has been outstanding. I for one really hope he doesn't leave us, he will be very hard to replace.

:(

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
This was my post on the Glenn Murray thread on 26-04-11, always liked him and didn't want to see him leave. I would be very happy to see GM back with us, couldn't give a toss that he played for Palace, it's what he does for us that counts.

and right you were :thumbsup:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It was the only season he was fully fit after the local private hospital messed up his hernia op a couple of times.
The same twat that handed in a transfer request twice and of whom was homesick every month nearly,also had an altication with fans at brentford,super lazy.

He played at reading yesterday and was described as being awful.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
His problem is motivation most of the time,only picks himself up when he wants a new contract,most people moaned about his attitude on the pitch and he handed in a transfer request twice let's not forget,he thought he was to good for us which was laughable and we had all that homesick shite for months.

He's lazy and uninterested most of the time end of.

There was me thinking that you were going to say he has an average first touch,lacks pace and cannot turn with his back to goal,drift both ways go deep and hold or just bear down on goal and smash the net enough after 38 games at Palace..

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Judas left for the money and you cannot blame him. Wouldn't mind him returning as he would fit in with our style of play but the downside is someone else gets left out of the starting 11 or the subs bench who maybe better. If he stays at Palace there is a very good chance he will be playing in L1 next season.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Does that include season one and two?murray was a one hit wonder so get over it.

His always been top notch regardless of what season. The guy oozes class has a great touch, wonderful vision and given the right service will score goals. His hold up play is his main asset and wins so many free kicks and penalties by cleverly inviting a challenge or by getting his body between the defender and the ball.

I believe the less educated members of Brighton's support fail to see that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The same twat that handed in a transfer request twice and of whom was homesick every month nearly,also had an altication with fans at brentford,super lazy.

He played at reading yesterday and was described as being awful.

He handed in a transfer request because his partner left him with their baby. He was trying to save his relationship. The fans started the altercation, Murray ignored them and the fans then threw a hissy fit.

D

Deleted member 18477

Christ another one on drugs,he had superb service for one and is a lazy bastard most of the time,he wasn't a 30 goal scorer but a 20 goal striker,he had one good ish season not bloody 3,we're aiming for the prem not bloody league 1.

The murray is quality bollocks is laughable,gus was glad to get rid of the miserable bastard and that's why he offered him a average contract.

Let's put this shite to bed as he ain't coming back and we don't want him back,we're out of murray's depth end of.

Chill out. He's quality.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
There was me thinking that you were going to say he has an average first touch,lacks pace and cannot turn with his back to goal,drift both ways go deep and hold or just bear down on goal and smash the net enough after 38 games at Palace..
He's not good enough for the championship,he did well in one season but that is about his limit.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If he came back he would have to be fumigated and de-loused before putting the blue and white shirt on again.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
On what basis are CMS or Hoskins better than Murray? I'm not claiming he is Ronaldo. He is a very good player who would improve our squad. Only people who understand the way football works would appreciate GM, that's where you struggle

On the basis that in the 2010/11 season, both CMS and Murray had their best season of their career. CMS scored 35 goals and Murray scored 22. So you would have to say that on goal scoring basis, CMS appears to be better.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Does that include season one and two?murray was a one hit wonder so get over it.

Your posts in this thread are even more idiotic than those [MENTION=11697]kevtherev[/MENTION] has masterminded. Fair play, I didn't think it was possible.

What people maybe didn't see, or what they're choosing to forget, is that football is a team game. Murray as an individual might not be your type of player, but if you don't think he adds more to the team than just his ability up front then you've missed something rather important. What he offers in defensive positions and attacking set pieces are what we lacked at times last season. We don't really have players who attack the ball in the air in those positions. Murray competes at both ends of the pitch, he added a lot to our team and Poyet knew that.

Aa for this rubbish about him leaving being due to Poyet not wanting him, and/or that Poyet would be accepting he got it wrong to bring him back... Good grief, what is that about? We offered a contract, Palace offered him a better one. I don't think the people claiming Poyet made a mistake would be happier had we offered over the odds, or offered a contract which would have unbalanced our wage structure. We're being run properly and things like budgets and a wage structure are important and we work within them. Palace seem less concerned about living within their means and offered him more than we did. I don't blame Murray for taking that offer. And I certainly don't think Poyet made a mistake in offering what we could afford to pay. We wanted him, he left. Hopefully we want him back, and will get him.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
On the basis that in the 2010/11 season, both CMS and Murray had their best season of their career. CMS scored 35 goals and Murray scored 22. So you would have to say that on goal scoring basis, CMS appears to be better.
Spot on and even a young barnes scored 20 odd goals.

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
He's not good enough for the championship,he did well in one season but that is about his limit.

Gus did not seem to bothered when he left,and neither did i,yet i fully appreciate he was fantastic value for money for us and his record with stands up-he is not my cup of tea as a striker and yet you need his type in all teams,could he have cut it last season and done better had he stayed with us rather than go to Palace? maybe

But Gus felt different?

Can't see us finding out either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here