Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muzza Merger Thread (note: contains binfestery)

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
In the current situation, do you have proof that the club offered him a crappy deal?

Does anyone have proof of anything on here really???..Probably not, the fact is Murray wanted to stay. Surely if the club had wanted him to stay as well something could have been sorted out. I heard they offered him not much more than he was already on. Whatever the truth is, he turned it down and went. That is really the long and short of it. I'm sure we could have matched anything Palace could have offered if we had deemed him worth it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Does anyone have proof of anything on here really???..Probably not, the fact is Murray wanted to stay. Surely if the club had wanted him to stay as well something could have been sorted out. I heard they offered him not much more than he was already on. Whatever the truth is, he turned it down and went. That is really the long and short of it. I'm sure we could have matched anything Palace could have offered if we had deemed him worth it.

I heard from someone who works at the club that we offered him double his wages because of the promotion to the Championship but he turned it down.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You right I don't agree and i'm sure Poyet doesn't either, we will see...But I am glad I thrill you so much, give me a nice warm feeling inside.

:thumbsup:
Don't speak on behalf of Gus. You have regularly shown you have none of his understanding of the game.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I heard from someone who works at the club that we offered him double his wages because of the promotion to the Championship but he turned it down.

Did your intel suggest whether we were offering a signing on fee to match that of Palace? Even doubling his wages might not have matched Palace's offer, who knows.

However much I may sound like a Murray apologist, I'm not. But he is a very good player who was crucial in getting us out of League 1.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Funny how people see things differently, towards the end of the season Barnes looked to me like a man who was confidence was shot. He would rather pass than shoot and if he was so much on Vicente's wavelength then how come we dropped like a stone the last dozen games of the season. How many points was it from our last dozen game,,,6 was it???..Relegation form I think you will find and a sever lack of goals...We are crying out for a proven striker and Poyet knows it.

I think it was lack of strength in depth that cost us last season, the team were tired by the last 6 games. It's something we've not completely addressed yet either. I agree we need another striker but not as a replacement for Barnes. Also our defence were over-performing for the first half, which is why we've strengthened in 3 out of the 5 positions.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

That's not what I heard...But let's assume you heard right, just makes Murray even more of a money grabbing shithouse and explains why Palace are in the shit again. It's all swings and round abouts.Let's for one minute assume Murray is coming back(which I don't believe for a second) has his value increased wages wise since twelve months ago based on last season's form. We would also have to pay a fee, I would guess about £350k would be around the mark...I just can't see it in a million years, imagine Murray pitching up at the training ground, with the "Gus made a mistake attitude" that we all know he has about him.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
When Gary O'Reilly left us to join Palace, and subsequently came back, there wasn't even a whimper from either set of fans.

The internet seems to polarise opinions more than ever.

If he improves the squad and gives us an option, sign the player, irrespective of his current club. We did try to sign 'big men' up front who were not familiar with our style of play last season, in the form of Billy Paynter and Sam Vokes, and it didn't work, perhaps because they did not fit in with the way we are organised, Murray should not have that problem.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
:thumbsup:
Don't speak on behalf of Gus. You have regularly shown you have none of his understanding of the game.

and you have regularly shown you have no understanding of football what so ever..I understand that telling your opponent exactly how you going to play is not the smartest thing in the world. For the record I think Poyet will be a much better and smarter manager this season. It's not only the players that were learning at this level last season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's not what I heard...But let's assume you heard right, just makes Murray even more of a money grabbing shithouse and explains why Palace are in the shit again. It's all swings and round abouts.Let's for one minute assume Murray is coming back(which I don't believe for a second) has his value increased wages wise since twelve months ago based on last season's form. We would also have to pay a fee, I would guess about £350k would be around the mark...I just can't see it in a million years, imagine Murray pitching up at the training ground, with the "Gus made a mistake attitude" that we all know he has about him.

If you are offered 2 jobs where one is offering far more money than the other & you don't have to move your family for either, then you would choose the higher paid job (which was also one year longer) without hesitation and don't pretend otherwise.
I've never seen any attitude from Murray except a player who had numerous operations on a troublesome hernia which was finally cured and then produced great football. The other occasion when fans were abusing him about the breakup of a previous relationship when he was going through a rotten time.
Some fans see what they want to see to support their biased opinions.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I wouldn't mind having him back here, he's a good player.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Did your intel suggest whether we were offering a signing on fee to match that of Palace? Even doubling his wages might not have matched Palace's offer, who knows.

There wasn't any mention of it. I presumed it was a contract extension with promotion clauses.

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
Murray without Bennett is a waste of time. Murray will never play for us again all the time Gus is in charge. Why would he PAY for someone he let go a year ago? Get a grip for f*** sake.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Murray without Bennett is a waste of time. Murray will never play for us again all the time Gus is in charge. Why would he PAY for someone he let go a year ago? Get a grip for f*** sake.

51 posts and finally a sensible answer..

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
When he left to join our "friends" up the road everyone was up In arms. BUT Now the prospect of him coming back and some of the same very people are kissing his arse. Making him out to be the prodigal son or some kinda messiah. That's what I don't get. Enlighten me on what makes him so special. Rather have Bobby or Elliot back not some no good miserable half wit who Isn't fully In the game. Have you forgot who he signed for. CHOSE Crystal Palace OVER us. Theres my rant over. I know a few people who will wanna jump in and have a pop. To be honest. Go for It. Spice up a boring sunday :hilton:
Everyone was up in arms.

A lot were sorry to see him go.

A lot thought Poyet had f***ed up letting him go, me included. With Murray up front with CMS last season, considering how close we came without him, with him I think we would have at least made the play offs.

I'd love to see Murray come back, but I don't see Poyet's ego allowing it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Everyone was up in arms.

A lot were sorry to see him go.

A lot thought Poyet had f***ed up letting him go, me included. With Murray up front with CMS last season, considering how close we came without him, with him I think we would have at least made the play offs.

I'd love to see Murray come back, but I don't see Poyet's ego allowing it.

The same ego that gave Murray a big hug when he came off the field last season? The same ego that took Calde back when he was talking to Southampton?

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
When he left to join our "friends" up the road everyone was up In arms. BUT Now the prospect of him coming back and some of the same very people are kissing his arse. Making him out to be the prodigal son or some kinda messiah. That's what I don't get. Enlighten me on what makes him so special. Rather have Bobby or Elliot back not some no good miserable half wit who Isn't fully In the game. Have you forgot who he signed for. CHOSE Crystal Palace OVER us. Theres my rant over. I know a few people who will wanna jump in and have a pop. To be honest. Go for It. Spice up a boring sunday :hilton:

Of course you would want Elliot or BZ back, they are in a class above Murray, but so would the transfer fee/wages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here