Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muzza Merger Thread (note: contains binfestery)

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I said some things about him that if he came back would obviously be regrettable, especially when I spoke to his girlfriend.

Having said that I would love to have him back, his defensive work was brilliant for us as was his obvious goal scorer prowess.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Everyone was up in arms.

A lot were sorry to see him go.

A lot thought Poyet had f***ed up letting him go, me included. With Murray up front with CMS last season, considering how close we came without him, with him I think we would have at least made the play offs.

I'd love to see Murray come back, but I don't see Poyet's ego allowing it.

To be fair, I don't see Murray's ego allowing it to happen either. Talented player but an extremely funny bugger, I personally feel he well & truly gambled his eggs when he took the dirty coin (even if he felt that it was the right thing for him to do at the time). If he returned I think it would a remarriage forged in Hell, so for that reason I'm out.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
He's quality and for me was the main reason we got promoted.
Christ another one on drugs,he had superb service for one and is a lazy bastard most of the time,he wasn't a 30 goal scorer but a 20 goal striker,he had one good ish season not bloody 3,we're aiming for the prem not bloody league 1.

The murray is quality bollocks is laughable,gus was glad to get rid of the miserable bastard and that's why he offered him a average contract.

Let's put this shite to bed as he ain't coming back and we don't want him back,we're out of murray's depth end of.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Everyone was up in arms.

A lot were sorry to see him go.

A lot thought Poyet had f***ed up letting him go, me included. With Murray up front with CMS last season, considering how close we came without him, with him I think we would have at least made the play offs.

I'd love to see Murray come back, but I don't see Poyet's ego allowing it.
Made the playoffs with murray ha ha ha do make me fu-cking laugh,look at him at palace for starters.The man is league 1 at best,fuc-k i couldn't wait to see him go,he's had a lower league career and is out of his depth even at palace.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Murray without Bennett is a waste of time. Murray will never play for us again all the time Gus is in charge. Why would he PAY for someone he let go a year ago? Get a grip for f*** sake.
So he wouldn't thrive through playing with Vicente :facepalm: Murray would become an even better player playing with Vicente

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Made the playoffs with murray ha ha ha do make me fu-cking laugh,look at him at palace for starters.The man is league 1 at best,fuc-k i couldn't wait to see him go,he's had a lower league career and is out of his depth even at palace.
This is why NSC is a great place to come for a good laugh......

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
:thumbsup:
Don't speak on behalf of Gus. You have regularly shown you have none of his understanding of the game.

Not after a 3 page debate, but..

Gus let Murray go, if Gus thought Murray had the ability to play in this league and do it well, he'd have paid the 6-9k a week he was after, because that's nothing for a top striker in this division. Thing is, the man who knows more about football than any of us, decided he wasn't worth it, and hence we let him go without too much of a fight. I trust Gus' judgement.

CMS scored 40 odd goals in League 1, he struggled last year. Ricky Lambert scored less, but he fired Southampton to the Premiership. It's a tough one to call, but i'd be scepticle.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
On what basis are CMS or Hoskins better than Murray? I'm not claiming he is Ronaldo. He is a very good player who would improve our squad. Only people who understand the way football works would appreciate GM, that's where you struggle

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
.Either Murray is quality or Poyet hasn't got a clue, you can't have it both ways. Personally I think Poyet got it right and he would know the man better than anyone on here.

In my opinion that is spot on. If Poyet rated Murray, he would have matched CP's offer and would have moved heaven and hell to keep him. He didn't for whatever reason. He clearly thought CMS was the superior option (jury is still out on that one, very substandard first season for us).

If Poyet now thinks that Murray is worth gambling on with a contract ( I still think and hope this is a bullshit rumour) then he clearly made a royal f*** up first time around. His huge weakness is getting the right front men.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

Totally disagree Murray is the best striker we have had at the club since Zamora. A Murray CMS partnership would work wonderfully the only issue being we seldom play 2 upfront especially when trying to accommodate Vicente.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Terry you need a beer pal,Murray is fu-cking dogshite in this league so get over it.

I only saw him play once in this division so probably can't give a sensible answer. As you clearly saw him play more often, what do you think his problems were in this division last season?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Totally disagree Murray is the best striker we have had at the club since Zamora. A Murray CMS partnership would work wonderfully the only issue being we seldom play 2 upfront especially when trying to accommodate Vicente.
Does that include season one and two?murray was a one hit wonder so get over it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If Poyet now thinks that Murray is worth gambling on with a contract ( I still think and hope this is a bullshit rumour) then he clearly made a royal f*** up first time around. His huge weakness is getting the right front men.

Like his first few months when he got Barnes on loan to help stave off relegation and then signed him to become a 20 goal striker in a championship season?
It isn't a rumour and someone posted a month or two ago that an ex player was prepared to take a pay cut to come back to us. I thought a couple of weeks ago that player was Crofts but having heard the Murray story from a couple of people it wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't the case.
Murray got the lump sum that he needed last year and would get a share of any transfer fee paid this season thus benefiting him more.

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
So he wouldn't thrive through playing with Vicente :facepalm: Murray would become an even better player playing with Vicente

Maybe he would. The point is that our game has changed a lot since we won League 1. While we all liked what Murray added to our team in that division, but we also appreciated what Marcos Painter did. No one knows what Murray would be like back in our team. Gus knows what a huge risk it would be buying Murray back and I just can't see it happening because of that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here