Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murder enquiry after fan killed at Wembley

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
One can only hope. I don't really want to spend the entire game watching a good game of football surrounded by people shouting at the away fans.

They can shout at each other all they like, tbh. I'm not one for group hugs. As long as it doesn't go beyond that.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Whatever the reason and whatever the facts, this fella went to support his country play football and didn't go home afterwards. Such an unnecessary waste of life. R.I.P. fellow football fan.

totally agree
and having read the whole of the Cardiff city forum thread its interesting how the mood changed when they found out that there were no England fans involved ........looks to me like some fans only look for trouble whoever they support.

rest in peace Bluebird

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Funny isn't it, the first poster to become all high and mighty is somebody who enjoys posting about hooligans.

I bet Das R and BTID are happy this morning, the ultimate football fight.

RIP football fan

Did you really need to post this? What point are you trying to make ?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
No, I'd imagine it is aimed at The Wookie.

Indeed. People on here initially presumed he was attacked by England fans. As it turns out, he was a well known Cardiff fan jumped by Swansea fans. But in the end, doesn't that all amount to the same thing? Football tribalism taken too far.

Still, far easier for you and other hoolie apologists to whinge like babies that hoolies are being held responsible for this. The death of a man in his 40s has left his kids without a father. What sort of DICKHEAD concludes that inducing a poisonous atmosphere with an air of menace and probable violence is worth this sort of collateral damage? Instead of wetting your knickers at people "jumping to conclusions" when people express outrage at a bloke dying at a football match, why don't you actually try and defend it Dougal?

I was making comment due to everyone using this death as a reason to back up their own arguements on another thread which without knowing the facts was pretty low. He died of a heart attack I believe. Of course it is not right the violence I dont condone that at all. Hard to have a debate without knowing the facts though

To add to that , if it turns out he wasnt jumped by Swansea fans , will you re post taking back your earlier very brash statement? or perhaps you have seen the police report ?

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was making comment due to everyone using this death as a reason to back up their own arguements on another thread which without knowing the facts was pretty low. He died of a heart attack I believe. Of course it is not right the violence I dont condone that at all. Hard to have a debate without knowing the facts though

To add to that , if it turns out he wasnt jumped by Swansea fans , will you re post taking back your earlier very brash statement? or perhaps you have seen the police report ?
Yes, yes I will.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
says you with the avatar depicting football violence !

Irony? It is a joke about those that really do think LUZZING chairs about at an England away game in Europe is an expressive and rewarding use of their time.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
We were sat above the Welsh fans. During the second half the police went into the welsh fans, blocked all the exits to get out to concourse, proceeded to move in and arrest what appeared to be between 6-8 individuals. The police were obviously being guided by other colleagues with the benefit of CCTV pictures as they talking via walkie talkies for confirmation when holding individuals as to was this a suspect. The only reason I noticed this is was the fracus being created by fans wanting to just pop out to the concourse (for tea/piss/leg it coz they were guilty etc etc) were all held back for at least 5 minutes whilst the men identified were taken. It was proper carnage.

Dont know if it is anything to do with the arrests for murder, might just be standard arrests but first time ive ever seen exits closed prior police wading in and all fans being held as the game when on.

Whatever the facts/reasons though, RIP Footie fan.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hardly suprising, was mass disorder / fighting at the game in Cardiff in March, in the stands between Welsh fans. Absolute bellends, especially at a country game!!

Why I despair at seeing England fans at away games wearing their club shirts, asking for trouble

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Many of the conclusions people jumped to in this thread were wrong.

There is no suggestion from the authorities that the attack on Mikey Dye had anything to do with any sort of club rivalry, while the six Welsh fans who were questioned in relation to the incident have been released without charge and cleared of any involvement.

Incredibly, it seems increasingly likely that the attack was almost random in nature and, based on the reports of witnesses at the scene, it also seems increasingly likely that the perpetrator was an England fan.

BBC reports and Cardiff City club statements at the links below:

BBC News - Wembley murder: No further action against six men

BBC News - Michael Dye coverage , say Cardiff City

Cardiff City | News | Club News | Club News | MIKE DYE SYMPATHIES AND RESPECT

Cardiff City | News | Club News | Club News | STATEMENT ON TABLOID COVERAGE

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham

Incredibly, it seems increasingly likely that the attack was almost random in nature and, based on the reports of witnesses at the scene, it also seems increasingly likely that the perpetrator was an England fan. [/][/QUOTE/]

Is there an inconsistency between these two statements?

I have seen no coverage that suggests what you claim so aren't you also jumping to conclusions?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007

Incredibly, it seems increasingly likely that the attack was almost random in nature and, based on the reports of witnesses at the scene, it also seems increasingly likely that the perpetrator was an England fan.

BBC reports and Cardiff City club statements at the links below:

BBC News - Wembley murder: No further action against six men

BBC News - Michael Dye coverage , say Cardiff City

Cardiff City | News | Club News | Club News | MIKE DYE SYMPATHIES AND RESPECT

Cardiff City | News | Club News | Club News | STATEMENT ON TABLOID COVERAGE

Now who's jumping to conclusions!! You berate people on here, then come up with a theory that it was an England fan! None of your links mention that.

Perhaps best to keep your theories to the west of the Severn Crossing until you get some facts!!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
released without charge , interesting. I suspect it was a heart attack and could of happened anywhere, blocked artery is a blocked arterty. As I said before until we know the facts but leaning away from the over zealous first page of posts. Heading towards apologys all round then . . .

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Is there an inconsistency between these two statements?

I have seen no coverage that suggests what you claim so aren't you also jumping to conclusions?

No, I'm not jumping to any conclusions. I'm keeping an open mind. I didn't say the perpetrator was an England fan. I said it seems increasingly likely that the perpetrator was an England fan. That is based on conversations I've had with Cardiff City club officials, the police and several people who were in the area at the time when the attack took place.

You'll note the BBC report says: "Police repeated an appeal for witnesses to the murder and were keeping an open mind about the motive for the assault. Scotland Yard said there was was nothing to suggest at this time that the incident was between only Welsh football supporters."

I should point out that, according to witnesses, the first person to come to Mikey's aid was also an England fan. Incredibly, there were no police or stewards in the immediate vacinity, despite the fact that this incident occurred right outside the away turnstiles at Wembley.

Today promises to be a sad day. Mikey was a personal friend of mine, a very popular character amongst Cardiff's support and also someone who was well-liked by the club's staff and officials. He will be greatly missed.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Now who's jumping to conclusions!! You berate people on here, then come up with a theory that it was an England fan! None of your links mention that.

Perhaps best to keep your theories to the west of the Severn Crossing until you get some facts!!

I didn't berate anyone. See my reply to Paddy B.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
I suspect it was a heart attack and could of happened anywhere, blocked artery is a blocked arterty.

The cardiac arrest was a result of the attack. This is very definitely a murder enquiry.

Acting Detective Chief Inspector Sheila Stewart of the Homicide and Serious Crime Command: "This incident has emerged from a moment of brutal violence with catastrophic consequences leaving behind a family without a son, husband and father."

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I see that it is definitely an on-going 'murder' enquiry, so it does appear that violence was involved and not just a 'heart attack'.

Really sad to read about all this, but personally, I don't care what nationality the perpetrator is........just so long as he/she is apprehended and brought to justice. Whover it is, is a thug...not a football fan.

Edit; you beat me to it LB. Very sorry to read of the loss of your friend.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I see that it is definitely an on-going 'murder' enquiry, so it does appear that violence was involved and not just a 'heart attack'.

Really sad to read about all this, but personally, I don't care what nationality the perpetrator is........just so long as he/she is apprehended and brought to justice. Whover it is, is a thug...not a football fan.

Edit; you beat me to it LB. Very sorry to read of the loss of your friend.

Sorry to hear the news Dave. It's further proof that banter and taking the piss out of opponents are one thing, but violence is unacceptable. Although some of the bellends on here would of course defend it, and would never 'grass' on an England fan who instigated the attack.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here