Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murder enquiry after fan killed at Wembley

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Pretty pathetic comment that should be retracted.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
that comment imo deserves a ban, disgusting thing to say.

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
They were welsh they do not know any better
You are without doubt, a complete and utter f*****g arse… :nono:
(Sorry everyone, I just had to say that)

My thoughts are with Michael Dye's family & close friends at this time.

Last edited:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
This may come across controversial, its not meant to be, after all somebody has died. Have read some posts on the ccfc forum and on here and everybody says the person who threw the punch should have the book thrown at them. But I ask you all, have you ever punched anybody? Does not matter if it at football or not, am sure a lot of those baying for blood have thrown a few punches in their time so it could quite easily be them up on a murder/manslaughter charge infact it could be anybody who has ever punched somebody. The one good thing that hopefully will come out of this is that if you punch somebody you could kill somebody! Hope this has come across the right away

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
They were welsh they do not know any better

On a rugby thread or whatever, no problem with that as a bit of fun.

But on this thread,when a life has been lost, you're out of order.

Although this is a public forum, there are still boundaries and lines, and you've crossed both.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This may come across controversial, its not meant to be, after all somebody has died. Have read some posts on the ccfc forum and on here and everybody says the person who threw the punch should have the book thrown at them. But I ask you all, have you ever punched anybody? Does not matter if it at football or not, am sure a lot of those baying for blood have thrown a few punches in their time so it could quite easily be them up on a murder/manslaughter charge infact it could be anybody who has ever punched somebody. The one good thing that hopefully will come out of this is that if you punch somebody you could kill somebody! Hope this has come across the right away

Exactly like the nightclub murder im Eastbourne a few yrs back. People don't learn. One 'punch' can ruin your life and end the life of another.

I entered gate D around the time this happened at the game - very sad news.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Have read some posts on the ccfc forum and on here and everybody says the person who threw the punch should have the book thrown at them. But I ask you all, have you ever punched anybody?

Perhaps a better question under the circumstances would have been: "Have you ever attacked a complete stranger from behind outside a football ground?"

I don't know about you, but I haven't.

BBC News - Michael Dye death: Man charged with manslaughter

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
The perpetrator of this unprovoked attack, England fan Ian Mytton, was jailed today. Apparently, he will spend 18 months in prison. A staggering sentence under the circumstances.

BBC News - Ian Mytton jailed for Wembley manslaughter of Wales fan Michael Dye

Eighteen months?! That's absolutely ridiculous! I was expecting the lowlife who carried out the attack to have the book thrown at him - particularly as it was football related. Some justice for his loved-ones & friends eh... :nono:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Eighteen months?! That's absolutely ridiculous!

A 30 month prison sentence for plotting to bowl no-balls in a cricket match:

BBC News - Salman Butt and Pakistan bowlers jailed for no-ball plot

A 36 month prison sentence for killing a football fan in an unprovoked attack:

A 48 month prison sentence for setting up a Facebook page:

BBC News - England riots: Four years for Facebook incitement

The British justice system - don't you just love it?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
The perpetrator of this unprovoked attack, England fan Ian Mytton, was jailed today. Apparently, he will spend 18 months in prison. A staggering sentence under the circumstances.

Having read the article, I simply do not understand the justice system in this country.

I am certain all football fans will be shocked by the leniency of the sentence.......it must be a terrible blow to Michael Dyes family to add to their utter misery at losing him in such sickening circumstances.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A 30 month prison sentence for plotting to bowl no-balls in a cricket match:

BBC News - Salman Butt and Pakistan bowlers jailed for no-ball plot

A 36 month prison sentence for killing a football fan in an unprovoked attack:

A 48 month prison sentence for setting up a Facebook page:

BBC News - England riots: Four years for Facebook incitement

The British justice system - don't you just love it?

Absolutely gobsmacked, 18 months for a completely unprovoked attack from a clearly violent person. As per your quotes, it just goes to show how sentencing changes when there is a) money involved, or b) politics involved.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
My mate and I were there that night and saw them trying to resuscitate him !!
Wasn't he a convicted football hooligan of the highest order the bloke that died ? (and no before the PC brigade get going i don't think that is a reason to lose your life)
My point is that he had probably attacked people himself at matches for no reason too, many times !!!
The guy who did it only got three years yesterday too bit of a lenient sentence for man slaughter though !!

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
2 wrongs do not make a right, but saw Cardiff attacking scarfers completely unprovoked down Goldstone Lane probably in early 90s. Rarely, if ever, saw it from any other club.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I understand your sentiment, but the evidence says that this was a completely unprovoked punch that wasn't anticipated or seen coming that was so hard it ended someone's life. I don't doubt many men on here on one time or another have exchanged punches, but I doubt there are many at all that have just gone up to a complete stranger and whacked him so hard it sickened everyone that witnessed it and of course ended so tragically.

So your question is misplaced, yes many people will have punched someone, but not in this way, not so random, not without some previous provocation or shouting or whatever. This guy should have gone down for a lot longer than 18 months.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Similar story to the poor Bexhill lad (featured on crimewatch last week), obviously not football related, but was punched once and has ended up severly brain damaged - wonder what sentence the "man" who has just been charged will get. No doubt there will be "I'm a disturbed soldier" sob story.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here