Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murder enquiry after fan killed at Wembley

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
RIP, people saying wait for the facts, what facts do ya need to know the guy was beaten up by 6 other men, left with serious head injuries then died from a heart attack, even if he was the biggest cock on the planet he didnt deserve that.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
RIP, people saying wait for the facts, what facts do ya need to know the guy was beaten up by 6 other men, left with serious head injuries then died from a heart attack, even if he was the biggest cock on the planet he didnt deserve that.

Personally I don't know any of that for a fact, I wasn't there. The facts are that this man has died and six people have been arrested. Totally agree with your last comment though, RIP indeed.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Funny isn't it, the first poster to become all high and mighty is somebody who enjoys posting about hooligans.

I bet Das R and BTID are happy this morning, the ultimate football fight.

RIP football fan

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Funny isn't it, the first poster to become all high and mighty is somebody who enjoys posting about hooligans.

RIP football fan

was that aimed at me?

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
Looks like this guy had a bit of form according to the Daily Mail

A murder probe has been launched after a football fan was beaten to death in a fight outside Wembley before last night’s match between England and Wales.

The victim, a Wales fan named by fellow supporters as Mike Dye, was attacked just 25 minutes before the European Championship qualifier kicked off.

Police were called at 7.25pm to reports of a serious assault just outside the stadium.

The incident is believed to have been a hooligan-related fight among Welsh fans.

Cardiff City supporter Mr Dye, 44, was found in the concourse area with serious head injuries.

Detectives believe he was knocked to the ground, suffering fatal injuries after a fight broke out with other Welsh fans.

Six people were arrested last night, none of them believed to be England fans.

The victim was taken to a central London hospital where doctors battled to save him but he died just before 9pm.

He was understood to have travelled to the match on a coach from Cardiff with other Welsh football fans.

Outside the stadium Menish Huseyin, 29, who works on a stall that sells merchandise on match days, said: ‘It’s really shocking news, most games go off without a hiccup. It’s really disheartening that someone was coming to a football game and being killed. It’s very cowardly.

‘With all the security measures here – with all the police and all the horses – you wouldn’t think that something like that would happen.’

England won the game 1-0, thanks to a first-half goal from Manchester United player Ashley Young.

Mr Dye, who worked for Cardiff Council’s highways department, had commented regularly on Cardiff City FC football websites and there were suggestions that he had links with hooligans.

Posting under the name Ely Trendy, he wrote in 2009 about a series of fights he had been involved during the 1980s at the height of football hooliganism.

He talked about sitting alongside opposing fans and said in 1984 at a Fulham FC match and said he ‘battled to get out in one piece’.

In another post he said in Colchester in 1985 ‘our train mob all on there, midweek game about 20 us, fighting like f***’

Last year he was arrested and appeared in court for football violence-related offences.

It was not known what caused the attack but police do not believe that any England fans were involved.

Police also dismissed any links to rivalry between Cardiff and Swansea clubs.

The victim was named on internet sites last night as Mike Dye, although police have yet to formally identify the man.

A police spokesman said: ‘Police were called at approximately 7.20pm on Tuesday, 6 September, to an area outside Wembley Stadium following reports of an assault.

‘Officers and London Ambulance Service attended. A man, believed to be aged in his 40s, was taken to a north London hospital suffering from head injuries. He was pronounced dead at 8.50pm.

‘Police believe they know the man’s identity, but await formal identification and confirmation that all next of kin have been informed.

‘A post mortem will be scheduled in due course.

‘Officers from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command are investigating.

‘Six people have been arrested in connection with the investigation. Enquiries are ongoing.’

The London Ambulance Service said he had suffered a heart attack.

A spokesman said: 'Staff treated a 44-year-old man who had suffered a cardiac arrest. Extensive efforts were made to resuscitate the patient and he was taken to hospital.'

He was pronounced dead at 8.50pm.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
was that aimed at me?
No, I'd imagine it is aimed at The Wookie.

People jumping to conclusions as usual
Indeed. People on here initially presumed he was attacked by England fans. As it turns out, he was a well known Cardiff fan jumped by Swansea fans. But in the end, doesn't that all amount to the same thing? Football tribalism taken too far.

Still, far easier for you and other hoolie apologists to whinge like babies that hoolies are being held responsible for this. The death of a man in his 40s has left his kids without a father. What sort of DICKHEAD concludes that inducing a poisonous atmosphere with an air of menace and probable violence is worth this sort of collateral damage? Instead of wetting your knickers at people "jumping to conclusions" when people express outrage at a bloke dying at a football match, why don't you actually try and defend it Dougal?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I dont think people are 'jumping to conclusions' tbh, its whats being reported by the press, who I imagine have looked into it to some degree....one would hope.....its widely reported that all the antagonists and victim were Welsh, its also been reported that the victim is known, and also known for football violence, whether in the past is not the point. Its shocking that anybody should be injured let alone killed at a football match, but some people dont die when beaten up...some do... I doubt if there was an intention to kill the poor sod, but these things have happened in the past, and until some people come to their senses, will happen again in the future.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I agree that this really highlights those those TWATS on here that are talking about it 'going off' or 'getting tasty' against Palace should GROW UP. Beating them on the pitch is the only thing that matters.

Jan 30, 2008

RIP football fan
you what ? WE DON'T KNOW THE FACTS , nice one you :wanker:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
People jumping to conclusions as usual

Possibly, to a degree, but the Police don't usually arrest a half dozen people randomly in the street. My understanding is that as part of a caution, though I have never had one, they state the reason why that person is being detained for questioning. It is reasonable to assume that if someone has been found in the street with serious injuries that anyone arrested in the vicinity might be in relation to that incident and that they weren't there giving first aid.

Jan 30, 2008
I appreciate you were not involved, I was really talking generically based on the assumption that the person named in the press has a long history of football violence.
are you saying i have ??? you need to get a grip before you start posting off the top of your head .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here