Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Multiculturalism has failed' - Is This Bloke Fit To Be PM?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I grew up in a big east-coast American city, the usual melting-pot sort of place that spawns TV cop dramas and movies.
My school bus was the subway. Taught there too, as a young man, and in Atlanta.
Been there, done that, have the t-shirt.
Oh goody , well done, and how integrated and mixed was the area you grew up in in your big east coast american city ? I'll hazard a guess that it was hardly at all, like most , if not all, big american cities

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
So if we can't agree on the multiculturalism thing (I seem to have integrated quite well given the tyranical colonisation of my country), isn't one of the issues stopping the minority factions of Islam from recruiting extremists within our societies?

Not exactly parallel, but the last real punch-up that I -- an Eire-passport-eligible Irish-American -- was involved in was in an alley behind a bar with a fellow from NORAID who took exception to my taking exception to his passing the hat between sets. I knew where the money went. Everybody in that pub knew where the money went. But only I got the shit stomped out of me.

Stopping the recruitment and support of extremists is something that really happens best, and in a durable way, by action within the community itself.

Given that Cameron specifically mentioned it and I'm sure he is being briefed on these topics weekly by the security services so he must have a sense of scale of the issue, surely there is something we can do?

Not much, not from the outside, not if they don't want to, and you can't or won't do mass repatriations. it's not something you do to those communities. It's something you do with those communities.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
I have a degree in history so dont try and be a clever clogs.Even if the British had in 1947 left India as one country there would of been a massive civil war and even more bloodshed.Of course Neru and Gandhi wanted to keep India as one as the hindus would of been running the country.

So why do you think a Hindu 'radical' assasinated Gandhi? Because he was trying to maintain Hindu rule in India? - No, rather because he offered Jinnah to be the outright leader of an intergrated India to prevent partition. I too have a degree and 6 years experience living in India close to intellectuals who lived through it.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Not exactly parallel, but the last real punch-up that I -- an Eire-passport-eligible Irish-American -- was involved in was in an alley behind a bar with a fellow from NORAID who took exception to my taking exception to his passing the hat between sets. I knew where the money went. Everybody in that pub knew where the money went. But only I got the shit stomped out of me.

Stopping the recruitment and support of extremists is something that really happens best, and in a durable way, by action within the community itself.

Not much, not from the outside, not if they don't want to, and you can't or won't do mass repatriations. it's not something you do to those communities. It's something you do with those communities.
I may not agree with you, i respect you for that, you sound a very principled man.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I may not agree with you, i respect you for that, you sound a very principled man.

Me ma, and the Jesuits, raised me right. There is shit one does, and shit one does not do.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
So why do you think a Hindu 'radical' assasinated Gandhi? Because he was trying to maintain Hindu rule in India? - No, rather because he offered Jinnah to be the outright leader of an intergrated India to prevent partition. I too have a degree and 6 years experience living in India close to intellectuals who lived through it.

So what do you think would of happened if India had stayed as one country in 1947?

Of course he's right

Oh goody , well done, and how integrated and mixed was the area you grew up in in your big east coast american city ? I'll hazard a guess that it was hardly at all, like most , if not all, big american cities
Oh ffs.

I'll ask again.

What do you want, bushy? Multiculturalism? Or integration?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
:glare:You do realise that India/Pakistan/Bangladesh were the same country before we messed around with it

Wise up and read the history books.

wouldn't the briefest reading of history of the Indian subcontinent tell you that before "we messed around with it", it was a group of principalities, kingdoms and empires that fought against each other, changing the map constantly? ???

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
wouldn't the briefest reading of history of the Indian subcontinent tell you that before "we messed around with it", it was a group of principalities, kingdoms and empires that fought against each other, changing the map constantly? ???

Oh so that makes all the imperialism alright does it? There was a system of principalities that also played sports together and traded in spices and married their daughters and sons - kinda like the kings and queens of Europe. Why is their way considered any different to ours - arrogance perchance?!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
4-2. Great win.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
I was very impressed by the Vice-President of The Conservative Muslim Group when he was interviewed this afternoon. He agreed completely with what Cameron said in his speech, and made the point that only extremists could find anything to disagree with or be offended by. I trust he didn't just mean Muslim extremists, but also left wing prats like the one who started this thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here