Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Multiculturalism has failed' - Is This Bloke Fit To Be PM?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
String together a semi-coherent argument, and, who knows, you may well get a response :shrug:

I think his statement was pretty clear to all of us - you dodging a coherent reply is also very clear.

Behave. Look back up your posts on this thread. You haven't asked a single question so far as I can see.

Little help? What would you like to know?

You accuse the PM for pouring petrol on the flames - isn't that exactly what YOU are doing by starting what is effectively a fishing thread ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think his statement was pretty clear to all of us - you dodging a coherent reply is also very clear.

You accuse the PM for pouring petrol on the flames - isn't that exactly what YOU are doing by starting what is effectively a fishing thread ?

Um, just thought it might be worthy of debate on football's smartest website, is all :shrug:

Where does fishing come into it? ???

And I truly have not the foggiest idea what the bloke was asking that I was supposed to be avoiding answering.

Last edited:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Try being on the wrong end of colonialism for 200 odd years! - then be told that muliculturalism is a bad idea when you didn't even start it?
Perhaps colonialism wasnt the all pervading evil it's painted as, an awful lot of people whose forebears fought so hard to free themselves from the yoke of british colonial rule seem awfully keen to come and live under ,er , british rule.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
2-1 chaps!

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
If this is an argument about the relative merits of multiculturalism, integration and inter-communal hostilty, I'll opt for respectful multiculturalism any day.

great thanks LB how do i DHL a few thousand conglolese that have recently arrived in my area to firle? who will sign for them?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
When you read the detail of what he has said in some respects he is right
Now why would you want to do a sensible thing like read/listen to what he said? Surely the idea is just to grab your pitchfork and go lynching.

His message is one of improving integration, and I agree. Places that I hate the most are 'all white' areas, integration is best for the country, and we could do with all races having a shared feeling of what our country means to us all (a lot do, but there are plenty who don't).

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Perhaps colonialism wasnt the all pervading evil it's painted as, an awful lot of people whose forebears fought so hard to free themselves from the yoke of british colonial rule seem awfully keen to come and live under ,er , british rule.

At the time while thousands were being slaughtered??? Really? - Do you think they welcomed that - or just adjusted over the centuries of oppression while fighting for their emancipation. Yes many were welcomed to Britain to perform menial jobs after Independence and have done well out of it - many fought the Nazis on our behest and yet do you still deny them their rightful place as equal citizens!!!

great thanks LB how do i DHL a few thousand conglolese that have recently arrived in my area to firle? who will sign for them?
If you want to talk about the Congo, I'm quite happy to.

The situation the young Miss Bracknell is working with in Goma is horrendous.

As for signing for packages ... you could always try our Asian postmistress. She's being doing the job very well for 30 years.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Islam is the problem the way they treat woman is middle ages.The blacks from the west indies and asians from India and Uganda have settled in really well and given so much back to our country.Its the muslims from Pakistan that have caused all the problems

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Islam is the problem the way they treat woman is middle ages.The blacks from the west indies and asians from India and Uganda have settled in really well and given so much back to our country.Its the muslims from Pakistan that have caused all the problems
:glare:You do realise that India/Pakistan/Bangladesh were the same country before we messed around with it???????

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Very easy to say when you live 3000 miles away, not so easy to " relax and enjoy the ride when it's on your doorstep " in fact it's very easy to say from a lot nearer than that, i.e brighton, for fucks sake the starter of this thread has complained about all the newcomers to brighton from london,(obviously ok , since most of them are white) which would be funny if he werent an outsider himself .

I grew up in a big east-coast American city, the usual melting-pot sort of place that spawns TV cop dramas and movies.
My school bus was the subway. Taught there too, as a young man, and in Atlanta.
Been there, done that, have the t-shirt.

Last edited:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
:glare:You do realise that India/Pakistan/Bangladesh were the same country before we messed around with it???????

they wanted to split the country ...the hindus and the muslims agreed to it....east pakistan ,pakistan and India....but I agree that the British had no right to be there in the first place

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
So if we can't agree on the multiculturalism thing (I seem to have integrated quite well given the tyranical colonisation of my country), isn't one of the issues stopping the minority factions of Islam from recruiting extremists within our societies? Given that Cameron specifically mentioned it and I'm sure he is being briefed on these topics weekly by the security services so he must have a sense of scale of the issue, surely there is something we can do?

Last edited:

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
they wanted to split the country ...the hindus and the muslims agreed to it....east pakistan ,pakistan and India....but I agree that the British had no right to be there in the first place

Jinnah wanted Pakistan and Hindustan - Neru and Gandhi were utterly opposed to partition - The Viceroy didn't know how to leave India peacfully - He chose partition and 100,000's died over 3 days in the chaos that ensued. Wise up and read the history books.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Jinnah wanted Pakistan and Hindustan - Neru and Gandhi were utterly opposed to partition - The Viceroy didn't know how to leave India peacfully - He chose partition and 100,000's died over 3 days in the chaos that ensued. Wise up and read the history books.

I have a degree in history so dont try and be a clever clogs.Even if the British had in 1947 left India as one country there would of been a massive civil war and even more bloodshed.Of course Neru and Gandhi wanted to keep India as one as the hindus would of been running the country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here