Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Multiculturalism has failed' - Is This Bloke Fit To Be PM?

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
this was not a case of his mouth running away with him imo
how many politicians get to his position by having loose lips? very very few i'm sure! boris johnson is someone whose mouth runs away with him, not cameron.

i think this is a calculated piece of chicanery. he has not said anything to earn him more than a slap on the wrist from liberal factions, and like most views on an issue, in part he has a point. the calculation i believe is to distance his government in a RADICAL way from the perceived weakness of the previous incumbents Labour - and more - to appeal to the right-wing masses and distract them from the economic outrages his government is perpetrating on society.

it is perfect fare as a distraction. how many people can honestly say they have never felt disgusted, angry, or at the least disappointed by the attitudes of some immigrants to the country? perhaps, particularly muslims, particularly in the last ten years, they have a siege mentality... which one can understand... but i have felt threatened by gangs of these young men, i have been racially abused albeit in a way easy to dismiss. the issue is a big part of the fabric of society at the moment... to take umbrage with the islamic moderates is to stir things up a bit, and this will distract the papers and populace from the big picture which is the traditional Tory economic raping of the downtrodden, poor and lower-middling.

what i am saying is - it is f***ing clever of cameron. this is the tory attitude that some of the less wealthy embrace. some people vote tory despite the fact they do not truly represent their interests. in some cases, this demographic will lap this up. I wonder what the Daily Mail, The Daily Express and The Sun have to say about it... i'll be f***ed before i buy those rags though, there are better things to wipe my arse with.

Last edited:

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
You cannot force people to integrate if they choose not to do so.

Multiculturalism is merely a byword for the denigration of the indigenous culture.

Most indigenous people have no clue about this country's history , traditions, or cultural acheivements. Some of the responsibility lies with the education system and the PC drive to promote this addenda but a lot of it is just sheer laziness and a lack of pride in the nation and a buying into trashy popular culture ie that of the ghetto

How many of us are truly indigenous to the British Isles - Surely multi-culturalism has been ongoing here for a millenium and it's kinda worked out so far, you may find that your ancestors were from far away?

I believe Muslims and Hindus from ex-colonies such as Pakistan, Bangladesh and India are very versed and deservedly invested in our history considering they felt it from the sharp end during our Imperialistic overtures. If we are now enriching ourselves with their 'ghetto' culture then it's a true testament to the success of multi-culturalism in Britain.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
It makes as much sense, and it shows the same firm grasp of reality, as it would for a minister to declare "Gravity has failed".

It exists, you don't need public policy to support it -- look at the insularity of the Irish in Britain from the Famine till the '50's and '60's -- and you can't extirpate it in any meaningful way short of some time-tested -- tested in the Balkans, mostly -- techniques that I suspect you aren't really ready to employ.

Relax, enjoy the ride, and the improvement in the variety and quality of local restaurants. Time will do the rest. All those violent, smelly, French-speaking louts that came over with Guillaume Le Bâtard from Normandy eventually assimilated.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think Britain is the most racially-tolerant country in the world (compare us, for example, to Spain) - and it's something we should be very proud of. If there was anywhere in the world where there was evidence of multi-culturalism working, then it is here. So no, it hasn't failed - it works very well on the whole. Of course there are people who may feel that the 'tradtional British way of life' is being eroded or that where they live is being 'swamped' by immigrants or people from a different ethnic culture. But this is a failure of integration, not a failure of the idea of mutli-culturalism. By saying multi-culturalism has failed, Cameron is essentially saying we should be a whites-only nation. And to think Chicken Tikka Masala is our national dish....

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Relax, enjoy the ride, and the improvement in the variety and quality of local restaurants. Time will do the rest. All those violent, smelly, French-speaking louts that came over with Guillaume Le Bâtard from Normandy eventually assimilated.
Very easy to say when you live 3000 miles away, not so easy to " relax and enjoy the ride when it's on your doorstep " in fact it's very easy to say from a lot nearer than that, i.e brighton, for fucks sake the starter of this thread has complained about all the newcomers to brighton from london,(obviously ok , since most of them are white) which would be funny if he werent an outsider himself .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Very easy to say when you live 3000 miles away, not so easy to " relax and enjoy the ride when it's on your doorstep " in fact it's very easy to say from a lot nearer than that, i.e brighton, for fucks sake the starter of this thread has complained about all the newcomers to brighton from london,(obviously ok , since most of them are white) which would be funny if he werent an outsider himself .

I wondered how long it would be .............. :lol:

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
By saying multi-culturalism has failed, Cameron is essentially saying we should be a whites-only nation. And to think Chicken Tikka Masala is our national dish....

Really? You sure he not just saying Multiculral Britian has failed?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I wondered how long it would be .............. :lol:
you're a hypocrite, you were talking to someone i know and complained about all the newcomers moving into brighton , despite being a newcomer yourself, you know you did, and i know you did, and we also both know , that you havent got a clue what it's like to have a wonderful multicultural melting pot , where YOU grew up, where YOU HAVE TO LIVE, for wharever reason.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
you're a hypocrite, you were talking to someone i know and complained about all the newcomers moving into brighton , despite being a newcomer yourself, you know you did, and i know you did, and we also both know , that you havent got a clue what it's like to have a wonderful multicultural melting pot , where YOU grew up, where YOU HAVE TO LIVE, for wharever reason.

Oh dear. Looks like you may have finally LOST it matey! :lolol:

You'll be SERIOUSLY disappointed with that post :lol:

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i havent read all what has been said, but half heard it. isnt this a case of something have two aspects, two meanings? on the one hand, multi-cultralism as a description of people accepting and being accepted is working out pretty well, as THPP says. but on the other there is a forced policy of multicultralism, you will accept, and this fails. you cant force a white anglo saxon to accept a mosque on the corner of the road anymore than you can force a muslim to accept a bar opening next to the mosque. too often we try to force cultures together and here we just create adversity, rather then being sensible about things and avoiding the conflict where possible.

i dont think it fans flames of anything, if its used to start disscussion and debate about where you want to go. all too often people wont dare raise the subject or do so only from the prescribed politically correct angle. fit to be PM? depends the intent and direction led doesnt it? im sure he has not said in any way "boot them out", which would be a big fail.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well you've made a great job of a) denying it and b) debunking my argument there havent you, anyone would think you were trying to gloss over things.

String together a semi-coherent argument, and, who knows, you may well get a response :shrug:

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
It makes as much sense, and it shows the same firm grasp of reality, as it would for a minister to declare "Gravity has failed".

It exists, you don't need public policy to support it -- look at the insularity of the Irish in Britain from the Famine till the '50's and '60's -- and you can't extirpate it in any meaningful way short of some time-tested -- tested in the Balkans, mostly -- techniques that I suspect you aren't really ready to employ.

agree with all this but am compelled to be pedantic - the normans had a deliberate policy of assimilation. they went about it as quickly as possible! they had excellent strategic success this way, probably because it limited the local perception of them as the occupying invaders. they married into the nation and adopted its customs asap and therefore better avoided revolt.

i remember going to Battle on a school trip and feeling aggrieved the french had won! years later i realise my surname has a french root. so i guess i'm a winner after all. it's not obviously french by the way, it is also english by this point. its not monsieur de la blumfontein le peegfuckere or anything

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here