Most Overrated Films Of All Time

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Juan Albion said:
What a hideously boring and miserable life you must lead. :rolleyes:

far from it Juan, I just don't live in cloud cuckoo land

films = fantasy never really appealed to me, I've always been more interested in music and more practical past times

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
The Blair Witch Project - Pathetic drivel!!

A 90 minute documentary of Tony (Satan Eyes) Blair & his witch of a wife woud be more scary!!

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
Gareth Glover said:
You lot are a bunch of muppets

Artificial Intelligence 8.5 out of 10 - watch it again, oh and buy the way they are not aliens at the end.

Forrest Gump - 8.5 out of 10 - excellent film, whats yer problem

Titanic - 8 out of 10, trendy to slag this off but it is a great film

AI was a piece of self indulgent turgid nonsense, dragged on and on, and was in short an utterly appalling film. How anybody could say this is a great film is beyond me.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
AI - " This is a great film "

Gareth Glover 29/10/04

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
The Shawshank Redemption is totally overated. I enjoyed it, but to listen to some people you'd think it was the greatest work of popular art ever.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The toruble with AI is that a lot of people didn't understand it. I don;t want to sound condescending but lots of people refer to the " aliens " at the end. I would say to them you have totally misunderstood the film and its message for the 2 hours before as the last 20 minutes ( referred to my some as the weakest part but to me it is the strongest part of the film ) is the answer and reconciliation for everything that happened before.

If you thought they were aliens, watch it again and pay attention this time.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
fatbadger said:
Citizen Kane.

Oh, and Titanic. I know everybody with a brain thinks it is totally shit - but it is much, much worse than that.

Citizen Kane is brilliant.
What didn't you like about it?

Titanic is indeed a pile of rubbery horsecock.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Gareth Glover said:
The toruble with AI is that a lot of people didn't understand it. I don;t want to sound condescending but lots of people refer to the " aliens " at the end. I would say to them you have totally misunderstood the film and its message for the 2 hours before as the last 20 minutes ( referred to my some as the weakest part but to me it is the strongest part of the film ) is the answer and reconciliation for everything that happened before.

If you thought they were aliens, watch it again and pay attention this time.

I paid attention the first time and refuse to do so again.
They disproved the theory that you cannot polish a turd.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
leaving las vegas

whats that one with michael douglas and catherine zeta jones in about drug barons and stuff??? cant think of the name!!! bored me to death anyway

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
caz99 said:
whats that one with michael douglas and catherine zeta jones in about drug barons and stuff??? cant think of the name!!! bored me to death anyway

surely anything with those two in it must be worse than even titanic

what a dreadful waste of airspace they are

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fight club - wtf?

English Patient - drivel covered up by spectacular scenery

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
nwgull said:
As for overated films, Dirty Dancing! I felt I needed to see this film at the time (when I was about 14-15) as most of the girls at my school seemed to be continuosly quoting bits out of the film to each other, particularly the 'come here loverboy' bit, wtf was that all about? I know it's a classic chick flic but it's still a pile of **** IMHO.

Quite right too, an utterly atrocious excuse for a movie

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here